1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Church sign #2

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by SaggyWoman, Jun 10, 2005.

1. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Sad that these venom places are the church.

2. Rachel

Rachel New Member

Good question!!

It's funny how alot of us were saved by hearing or reading a Bible that wasn't KJV.

3. Rachel

Rachel New Member

Isn't it? And filled with such righteous and holy Christian's? :rolleyes:

4. Bob Krajcik

Bob Krajcik New Member

Venom? Is it venom that you direct at those you claim are venomous?

5. Bob Krajcik

Bob Krajcik New Member

IMO,

It should not be thought strange or funny that some come to the knowledge of salvation by hearing any number of different versions or languages. The gospel bring life and immortality to light, and is proclaimed in any number of different languages, and is not limited by use of only particular words in a particular order.

In the Bible, regarding our regeneration, it is written, Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever. (1Pet 1:23-25) Paul gives warning the word of God can be corrupted (2Cor 2:17), while those to be saved are born again, not by corruptible, but by incorruptible, by the Holy Spirit. Salvation is all of God, and we are kept by the power of God (1Cor 3:7). Christ Himself is incorruptible (Heb 1:12; 13:8) (same yesterday today forever), so their is confirmation the rebirth is not accomplished by the hearing of the word that is preached, but rather, one is born of God Himself (Eph 2:1; Tit 3:5; 1John 2:29; 5:1; John 1:13; Rom 2:28-29). Having been born of the Holy Ghost, faith is fruit of the Spirit (Gal 5:22). The new birth imparts Eternal Life and new desires (Ps 110:3; 37:31; 1John 3:6,9; 5:18; Ps 119:165; 2Cor 5:17; Eze 36:26; John 3:6; 10:28; Tit 1:2; 3:7; Rom 12:3). Regeneration is accomplished without the use of means, and there is conversion accomplished directly a result of that new birth, while subsequent conversion is expected to be accomplished by the use of means, such as the written word or preaching. The word is corrupted by some while they preach, and by others by the various translations, and by yet others through incorrectly recording them through printed sermons. While there are faulty readings, contradictions, that is no concern regarding our being saved. It is not to be denied there are various and sundry contradictory readings, but our regeneration, our being born again, is of the Holy Ghost apart from any means. Regeneration and conversion are separate and distinct. Valid conversion must be accomplished based on valid teaching. If one is to repent and believe, what they hear to believe must be true. Repentance and believing is conversion. There is no doubt various things where all come short of full and accurate understanding. Take for instance the verses that are part of the King James Version but are not part of the new versions. It could be said that both are wrong, but both can not be right. Other readings are clearly contradictory between various versions regarding meanings, and again, both could be wrong but both could not be right. Such things do not result in a person being lost or saved, but can result in a faulty understanding. Conversion is based on understanding.

It seems to me, having different understanding on these things should not be insisted to be venom. ifference of understnding is just that. There is one that I know that is right and never wrong, that that is Jesus Christ.

2 Timothy 1:10 (KJV) But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

6. fatbacker

fatbacker New Member

I have to agree that the sign is in poor taste.

Have you written the church with your disgust? You might bring some conviction to the one putting the words up there.

Don't just let something like that eat at you. God gave you the right to speak words of reproof.
    Let us not complain and not sow a seed that might produce a better result.

Tell the church that if reading KJV is better than other translations then we really should still all be reading it in Hebrew, Aramaic and greek, or really just the Hebrew original. Not sure why they thin KJV is better than any other version.

I cannot remember when the last time I said I am going hither unto thine house lest I get wet from the rain, Or, how beist you jest with me about such matters that thou surely noist is improper!!!

We speak modern english not old english.

7. Friend of God

Friend of God Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How about this:
    SIGN BROKEN-MESSAGE INSIDE

8. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is NOT a KJV debate thread. Please move on. No gawking. Anyone who lingers will be arrested.

Sheriff Bob

9. Rachel

Rachel New Member

Yikes! Moving on...... ;) LOL

10. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The question was asked:
    I think its confusing and that they should have been more specific like

"If it isn't the 1769 Oxford Edition KJV, then ..."

With the possible exception

"or if it is a KJV which contains the Apocrypha (any revision/edition), then..."

Perhaps the sign should have been in Elizabethan-Jacobean English for a better effect...

"Hast thou not the KJV, then down thy draft with it!"

OK Sheriff, put the cuffs on and take me away...

HankD

11. David J

David J New Member

Sounds like KJV worship instead of Christ worship.

Signs like that only hurt soul winning!

12. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    BobK: There is no text. What sort of message does this convey to a dying world?

Perhaps that our chapter and verse numbers are merely artificial? :cool:

13. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Saggy Woman:Now, another church has put up a sign which reflects the message "If it isn't KJV, then flush it." What do you think?

I think they have a:
    1.) plumbing prob.

2.)Mental prob...believing MAN-MADE BUNK.

3.) Doctrinal prob...Believing s doctrine with NO SCRIPTURAL SUPPORT.

4.)Any combination of, or all of the above.

14. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bob Krajcik, howdya know someone long ago didn't ADD the verses you say are found in the KJV but not in later versions, without GOD'S leave to do so? Why should a modern translator, paid by the number of words in his work, leave out something that belongs in the opinion of some, unless he/she respects God's word enough to not add to nor subtract from it?

15. Keith M

Keith M New Member

Did they actually put up "KJV" instead of "KJB?" Seems this isn't really a true KJVO church unless they use "KJB" instead of "KJV!" :rolleyes:

16. Dave Ekstrom

Dave Ekstrom Guest

I'm not KJVO but even if I were, that sign is foolish. Saved folks are probably already in church so why would somebody put up a sign that a lost person wouldn't have a clue as to what it meant? So what is that sign supposed to accomplish?

17. Bob Krajcik

Bob Krajcik New Member

Well, it seems to me the text is not there. Make what you will of that, taking away the numbers that identify the passages will not change the fact the text is not there. [​IMG]

18. Bob Krajcik

Bob Krajcik New Member

Say, has anyone figured out the direction of travel of the venom mentioned previous in this thread? Rather than envision venom, rocks could be thrown, or perhaps time used to memorize those verses I previously mentioned, from your favorite version. I think I will memorize them as they appear in the new versions.

19. Bob Krajcik

Bob Krajcik New Member

Well, I thought there were some saying that both renderings were God's word. If they were added, or removed, don't some say both are God's word? I know what I accept, and others are welcomed to their understanding.

20. Bob Krajcik

Bob Krajcik New Member

I take back what I said about rocks. Use water balloons. More fun :D [​IMG] [​IMG]