1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Churches

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Sminasian, Mar 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But you get the point & thats what matters. :tongue3:

2. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Cowardly remark from a coward

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh my..... this is the way a guy with the handle "Go To Church" deals with another person huh.......:laugh: Then I stand vindicated. What an absolute joke you are:laugh::laugh::laugh:

#63 Earth Wind and Fire, Mar 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2014
  4. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    May be a joke, but at least I'm not a coward which is what you are as you are afraid to actually say what you think and instead hid behind innuendo and inference. All talk, no backbone. If have something you want to say why are you so afraid to say it?

5. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh sure you are plus your fairly stupid as well as childish. All an all a real nice combination.

6. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

What do YOU do for such people? See, I can empathize with your cynicism. I really can. I have been preaching for 19 years this summer and I have seen a LOT, I mean a LOT, of really crappy "Christians."

I prefer ATHEISM to most of what I have seen in our Christian culture. At least atheists don't CLAIM to be representing Jesus Christ. I DESPISE, down in the marrow of my bones, the self-righteous, self-aggrandizing, reputation seeking, self-promoting "Christians" I have come to see dominate many churches (really they are just religious social clubs) in America.

But then, I don't like this "no church is good enough for me because I alone believe in helping people and all other churches are beneath my enlightened understanding of what churches are supposed to be doing" mess, either.

The SBC, my denomination, is riddled with the kind of crap I hate.... BUT... BUT!!... the denomination spends tens of MILLIONS of dollars every year feeding the hungry, sheltering the homeless and showing the love of Christ to millions of people around the world. This is something enlightened people like you are NOT involved in. You're too good for the SBC, yet the average SBC tither has fed more starving people in five years than I am willing to wager you have helped your whole life. Yet you sit up on your little perch and look down your very long nose as if you have any standing to judge whole Christian movements.

So I suck it up, join with them, grit my teeth and say, "Jesus joined a very imperfect church, too- the one he STARTED! Talk about self-promoting, John and James had fierce arguments about which of them were better Christians!! Talk about not loving others, the disciples REPEATEDLY showed that they cared NOTHING for people like the Samaritan woman at the well and many others. So, if Jesus can work with such people, I am not too good to work with them."

But, it seems to me that your problem, Steve, is that you think you are better than Jesus.

#66 Luke2427, Mar 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2014
  7. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    All talk. When someone calls you out on your crap, you call them, by inference, because you're afraid to actually say what you mean, assholes and then run and hide behind smiley faces and what you think are witty remarks. That makes you a coward.

8. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh no it doesn't.....see I can infer without having to have to say the word....however you apparently don't have the intelligence to take a hint. But what I can say is you are a hypocrate. That I can deffinately pin on ya.

9. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rick...how do you miss the posts where ive detailed my own mission indevors (sic)?!? All you seem to see is my failed attempts at finding a local church. You are a smart boy.....look back into the archives. But know this, I am active in working with the poor andthe destitute. Since being saved I have been transformed......and that's why I am revolted by the state of affairs of "the church today "
    and this apparent revelatioon that I am better than Jesus is just another machination of your non understanding......but. thankfully your eyes are indeed open to the sorry state these churches find themselves in today. I thank God for small revelations in your insight.

Oh and as a side note, the Roman Catholic church feeds and clothes far more people than all otherreligious organizations combined. So should given that criterion.....oh never mind.

#69 Earth Wind and Fire, Mar 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2014
  10. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is not a very nice remark.
    In fact, calling somebody such should be as offensive as questioning someone's eternal salvation.

11. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Tim....he just enjoys the urinating match......quite revealing to someone with the name "Go to Church "

12. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    just wondering what the rules are, and where are the admins and mods ?

13. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Its a business amigo. Conflict sells.:thumbs:

14. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I guess you didn't see his post 53, huh? I find that ungodly and really a sign of something deeply wrong. It was also unbelievably offensive. No wonder he isn't comfortable in the church.

15. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pretty much hit rock bottom so closing this thread. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.