1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Citizens of heaven

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by amity, Mar 27, 2007.

1. amity

amity New Member

I thought this quote was nice enough to post:

"We are not citizens of this world trying to make our way to heaven; we are citizens of heaven trying to make our way through this world. That radical Christian insight can be life changing. We are not to live so as to earn God's love, inherit heaven, and purchase our salvation. All those are given to us as gifts; gifts bought by Jesus on the cross and handed over to us. We are to live as God's redeemed, as heirs of heaven, and as citizens of another land: the Kingdom of God... We live as those who are on a journey home; a home we know will have the lights on and the door open and our Father waiting for us when we arrive. That means in all adversity our worship of God is joyful, our life is hopeful, our future is secure. There is nothing we can lose on earth that can rob us of the treasures God has given us and will give us."

The Landisfarne, via The Anglican Digest, via Patches of Godlight​

2. belvedere

belvedere Member

I agree - thanks for posting!

3. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

Thanks for that. I will probably use that in another forum.