1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Clarification concerning the king of the North

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by thjplgvp, Jul 11, 2015.

1. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

It has been a long time since I have posted and this is not a troll post.J

I am led to believe in my studies that the prophecies concerning the King of the North bringing his armies into Israel for the loot (Ezekiel 38) has a dual fulfillment.Historically it seems that Antiochus Epiphanes came out of the north (Daniel 11) into Israel where he committed unspeakable acts against the Jews and their temple.If Antiochus was the Gog (leader) of those nations in those days how does that line up with Antiochus being a type of the anti-Christ and coming out of the revised Roman Empire?

If Antiochus is a true type does that not mean that the Anti-Christ must be Gog?I am somewhat confused on who is Gog and who is the anti-Christ and any clarification would help.Thanks in advance.

#1 thjplgvp, Jul 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2015
  2. beameup

beameup Member

Most I know regard Ezek 38-39 to be pre-trib and see Dan 11 as already fulfilled in B.C.

3. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

When I saw the thread title, I wondered if it had anything to do with "A Song of Fire and Ice" (the books " Game of Thrones" is based on).

On a serious note, there's a lot of speculation about this. Prophecy is not my strong suit, so I don't have much to add. But I've heard a couple different theories about what's going to happen. I prefer to not fret it.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

4. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

Thought I would get more comments. Perhaps I did not make my question clear enough.

5. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

It seems they can't be the same. Gog and his followers attack Israel. Gog is buried on earth. (and what do you think of Russia siding with the Islamic countries and then attacking Israel, giving Russia power over the mide east and the oil therein, causing Russia to rise up as the revived Roman empire?)
    The antichrist attacks Jesus and his army. He is given to the lake of fire at the final battle.
    Two separate events, two separate entities. Gog happens before the return and ushers in the event that begins the return. And gets buried. The antichrist is present at the actual return.
    It seems. I'm not saying it is - just that I think it is. I've been corrected on interpretations too much to feel certain of almost anything!