1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Classic Hymns VS CCM music in church

Discussion in 'Music Ministry' started by preach97, Apr 26, 2006.

1. JFox1

JFox1 New Member

My church has mostly traditional hymns, although the choir does occasionally sing CCM. My favorite CCM artist is Rich Mullins.

2. musicforyou

musicforyou New Member

Joshua,
    The post about it all being for money. That is the vibe that I got from the post I was replying to. I was just trying to help him learn to word it a little better so that it does not sound like it is all for the money.

3. mnw

mnw New Member

There are segments to CCM whose motives I will not question.

But the ones who dumb down lyrics so they can cross over into the mainstream pop culture, well, they seem to be in it for the money.

Granted there may be some that genuinely want to get their message out to a wider audience, but if the lyrics get so vague that any religion could fit it, then what is the point?

4. SpiritualMadMan

SpiritualMadMan New Member

You make an excellent point.

If they live a fully dedicated to God Lifestyle...

*and*, IF there is an unvarnished presentation of the Gospel when they tour that might be an acceptable reason for being 'cross-culturally' acceptable on the Play-Lists?

If they are too blatant on the playlists their target audiences will not come to their concerts?

SMM