1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cleaning TIPS

Discussion in 'Women's Fellowship Forum' started by givengrace, Nov 9, 2008.

1. givengrace

givengrace New Member

I struggle with Organization and keeping my house as clean as I would like. I'm ADD and it's a struggle but it is also when it's done I feel more relaxed. without the excess clutter. I do belong to "Missies Anonymous" (for those who don't know it was started by a Christian Lady and there's a Website and messageboard)

Any way I thought maybe we could give each other Cleaning tips. I know I'd WELCOME THEM! :wavey:

2. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Organization is my most favorite thing in the whole world. I'm almost OCD about it! :laugh: Have you tried the flylady's site yet? You might find it helpful. Basically, the idea is to KEEP the house clean instead of waiting until it's filthy before you clean it. Work in short segments. For example, if you dread cleaning out your junk drawers because it takes "forever," just spend 15 minutes a day working at it until the job is done. Use a feather duster every few days instead of waiting until the dust is thick enough to write your name. She has lots of great tips on her site.

I like to use clear storage totes for organizing, because you can see at a glance what's inside without having to label the box.

3. Gwen

Gwen Active Member

I love the flylady's site! There are some great recipes, too.

My best tip is to have a schedule. That way, things get done and I don't procrastinate.

4. givengrace

givengrace New Member

Yes I know about "FLYLADY" And I've tried it a Couple of times. It is WAY STRESSFUL to me and doesn't work. My 'DREAM" is that I'll Win a Whole House Organizing Makeover! or Find someone who's close and Loves it so much it's her ministry!

5. PJ

PJ Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Organization is the best tool, and, organization can't work unless things are pretty well down sized. Staying down sized is the hardest part.

Good luck! :wavey:

6. givengrace

givengrace New Member

Isn't that the truth!! I wish I had or could find the time to go room by room and just get rid of everything that I or We don't NEED everyday. But then what in the World would I stress about!! LOL:laugh:

7. donnA

donnA Active Member

Throwing out what you absolutely don't need, or haven't used in so long you don't remember, or if you have more then one. Just throw stuff out. When you watch the shows about organizing thats the main point, throw it out, if your having trouble getting it organized or keeping it clean it's probably because you have too much 'stuff'. And it actually does work, I go through the house and basement a couple of times a year and throw stuff out. I do it more then once, because what i saw a s necessary to keep last year I know I'm more likely to throw out this year.