1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cleansing

Discussion in 'Health and Wellness' started by Benjamin, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Certainly, we all have heard a lot of hype about cleansing and can reasonably conclude much of this may be motivated by marketers trying to sell their products, and often it appears to be exaggerated. But what about some of these claims, such as “removing stored up toxins” in the intestines and/or liver, or the “whole body” cleanse, etc. which are intriguing to think about, if true? Do you give them much credit? Ever done it?

I suspect most, or even all of what can be accomplished through these cleansing products could also be accomplished through an everyday better diet, though this could possibly be hard to maintain long enough to achieve the same degree of purity, and at a slower rate. All in all, it does seem to have the possibility of some real and useful benefits if done wisely, moderately and in the right circumstances.

Here is a 5 minite audio:

http://blog.wholefoodsmarket.com/2010/01/part-3-healthy-liver-for-healthy-weight/

#1 Benjamin, Feb 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2010
  2. Johnv

Johnv New Member

While cleansing has some positive health effects, you can't simply purge "stored toxins" just by using the aforementioned cleansing techniques. To mitigate toxins in the body requires a lifestile change, not a simple "get cleak quick" routine once in a while. Further, even if you were to get off the grid, and grown your own food and raise your own cattle, many "toxins" are simply unavoidable. Simply choosing to live right and eat right goes a lot further than an occaisional multi-day cleanse routine every few months.

I'm not against such cleanses, btw, I'm simply against using them for the wrong reasons.

3. TC

TC Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I looked at the ingredient list of a couple of cleansing products. The main ingredients seem to be psyllium fiber followed by milk thistle and other herbs and roots alleged to support liver, kidney, and other bodily functions. If you eat a fairly balanced diet and get enough fiber (both soluble and insoluble) then such products are worthless to you. IMO, these products only good to cleanse money from the checkbooks of the gullible.