1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Clint Eastwood?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Don, Feb 6, 2012.

?
  1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    85.7%
  1. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Heard a radio talkshow host this morning ask the question, "what if Clint Eastwood decided to run for president?"

Would you vote for him?

2. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

He's pro-choice and an advocate for homosexual marriage. So, no, I wouldn't vote for him.

3. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Should've included in my OP, I have no idea what his politics are, and therefore haven't voted myself.

Thanks, Matt, for the heads up on those items. I also want to look at the state of California at the end of his term, and two years later.

4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is he pro-choice or pro-abortion?

5. matt wade

It's the same thing. I don't play word games.

6. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is not the same thing. If you believe Abortion is ok - then you are Pro-abortion.

and it is not a word game.

7. matt wade

I thought you were the guy that was vehemently opposed to thread hijacking? Why then do you insist on doing it to play your word games (like when you also insist that people stop using the word gay and instead us homosexual)?

8. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    (actually, Matt, while I understood what you meant, I agree with Salty: pro-choice is actually pro-abortion. The pro-choicers just don't want to call themselves pro-abortionists. Anti-abortionists are not anti-choice; you can still choose to give the child up for adoption. We're just anti-choice when the only "choice" is life or murder of the unborn child, and we refuse the premise that anyone should be legally allowed to "choose" murder of an unborn child.)

9. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Much of Clint Eastwood's attraction is his movies. The only real stuff that people really know of him is what writers have written for him as Dirty Harry or some other character.

He was Mayor of a sleepy California city, other than that, there is not much more about him.

His current claim to political fame is a 60 second commercial about half-time in America. They claim there was no political bias, but with this being the President's chance for a 2nd half presidency, it seemed a veiled attempt at drumming up support for a failed Presidency.

10. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Eastwood, a fiscal conservative who is more liberal on social issues including gay marriage and environmental protections, has mixed with politics before. The former nonpartisan mayor of Carmel, Calif., who supported GOP presidential contender John McCain in 2008, told the Los Angeles Times last November that he can't ever recall voting for a Democrat for president but expressed admiration for California's Democratic Gov. Jerry Brown.

On Monday, he told Fox News he is "certainly not politically affiliated with Mr. Obama."

"It was meant to be a message about just about job growth and the spirit of America," Eastwood said of the Chrysler ad. "I think all politicians will agree with it. I thought the spirit was OK."

http://www.startribune.com/politics/national/138815994.html?page=2&c=y

11. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is a Reason, I Believe, that He Plays...

...the role of Dirty Harry so well. That is because he has a lot of the Dirty Harry characterizations in him, and I don't know if we need a Dirty Harry character in the POTUS. :laugh:

12. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist

You are absoutely right - my first statement should have been sufficent - you replied - what I should have done was start a new thread - which I am doing now.