Clinton speaks truth to power...President clean up your mess!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ASLANSPAL, Jan 28, 2007.

?

Do you agree with Senator Clinton

1. No! the next President should take responsiblity as well

8 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Yes, I agree this is a result of this administrations incompetence and they need to clean it up

12 vote(s)
    60.0%
  1. ASLANSPAL

ASLANSPAL
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

"I am going to level with you, the president has said this is going to be left to his successor," Clinton said. "I think it is the height of irresponsibility and I really resent it."

I agree with the Goldwater Girl and I think the people of this country in majority will have righteous indignation ..if he does not clean up his own mess as for the other 15 percenters....they are the semi-fascists who only seek to divide this nation and only want war and war mongering to fill their wallets or their arm chair egos of hatred seeking only to blame others as they enable a poor performer.(bush/rove culture)

bush has made billions of dollars for war cronies and that will come out and it will come out as a major reason(greed) why he lingered too long to make it a quagmire..imho.

I think the war profiteering as it runs its natural course and is exposed will get bush either impeached or he will resign from the weight of righteous indignation from a nation that has been deceived. imho.

2. KenH

KenH
    Expand Collapse

Only in your dreams. :)

3. Dragoon68

Dragoon68
    Expand Collapse

The war was started by our enemies and it will continue until it's done either by their victory or ours. The next President will find it no easier than the present or the ones before him. Some people will actually do something constructive towards the effort and the rest will either remain silent or complain loudly no matter what's done or what's not done. Many people will continue to look for someone to blame other than our enemies and will continue to demand instant victory free of all suffering and hardship.

4. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX
    Expand Collapse

In the 2004 election , I asked people at my work place why should Bush be re-elected and one the most common responses that I recieved was finish the war in Iraq. I just hope he does finish what he started, Kerry was certainly not up to the task of taking on this conflict. I am not optimistic that Bush will put a close on this war, Bush will never have the kind of victory that he desires, most likely it will fall on the Congress and Senate to apply leverage to end it.

5. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry
    Expand Collapse
    <b>Moderator</b>

Part of the reason we are in this mess is becasue the previous president left it to this president. Had we been taking strong action throughout the 90s, this would be a far different world.

Furthermore, from the beginning, Bush said this would be a long process. He never lead anyone to believe that it would be done by the time his administration was done.

This gives us good evidence that Clinton is not ready to be president. She cannot handle tough situations like this. She simply wants to play the blame game.

6. Dragoon68

Dragoon68
    Expand Collapse

The fight against our enemies is a national problem to deal with. It's not a personal issue of one President verses another. To demand that President Bush "clean up his mess" tries to shift the blame from those we're fighting against to the one who's taken to lead to fight them. There are always mistakes made in carrying out wars at every level. Nations, and troops, that win don't get caught up in beating themselves up over it. They learn from any errors, regroup, and pursue the goal no matter what it takes. It one strategy or tactic isn't completely successful they try another. Plans are made based upon the best intelligence available and it's often incomplete and sometimes inaccurate. When better information is available adjustments are made in force structurre and tactics. Winners figure out what to do next when the enemy counters in an unexpected way or our first plans don't work as well as we'd hoped. This happens from the lowest to the highest levels. The next President had better be ready to accept responsibility for continuing the fight because it's going to last a long time. "Ending the war" is not the goal we should have! Blaming our current President doesn't win the fight. Finding a culprit among ourselves isn't going to convince our enemies we're serious about stopping them. Defeating the enemy is the goal we should have. Expanding the war is likely going to be necessary to accomplish that goal. The nation needs to condition itself to accept the pain and suffering and sacrifice necessary to sustain the fight for as long as it takes.

7. Martin

Martin
    Expand Collapse

==That is silly. Bush has less than two years left in office and the Presidential campaign is now in high gear. Neither party wants to get sunk in impeachment trials (etc). Besides impeachment is a very difficult thing constitutionally. I don't know that Bush has done anything to warrant impeachment. Is Bush a failure? Yes. Is Bush a criminal? Probably, but no more than Hillary Clinton or Bill Clinton. This is a waste of time and nothing but smoke and mirrors. Let's move on. Let's take a look at ALL the folks running for president over the next two years and let's make the best choice. Let's not allow the media to choose our candidates. Believe me the media is trying very hard to do that. I saw Edwards on CNN this morning. All of the questions Miles O'Brian asked Edwards were about Hillary and Obama. I think he also, indirectly, asked Edwards why he was even bothering. The media is doing the same thing to the republicans. The guy I am support, Sam Brownback, will not get the media attention that John McCain or Mitt Romney will. The media thinks they can choose our candidates, we should all seek to prove to them that they can't. I have turned off Bill OReilly, I have turned off Shawn Hannity, I have turned off Spencer Hughes, I have turned off Wolf Blitzer, I have turned off Alan Combs, I have turned them off. Why? Because they think they can tell you how to think, they think they are smarter than we are. Well guess what. I am smarter than all of those mental migits put together. And so is most of the people on this board and 95% of the American people. It is time we turn those clowns off and make our own choices.

8. The Galatian

The Galatian
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Martin, I know you're a smart guy, and I know it's a typo, but do you think the term "mental migits" might be leaving your flank exposed? :tongue3:

(a comment by the Barbarian, who can't pass up a straight line, even when it's by someone he respects)

BTW, I agree with your point; let's move on. Impeachment would do the country no good.

9. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX
    Expand Collapse

10. Martin

Martin
    Expand Collapse

==Yea, my posts are probably full of typos. I type fast and, to be honest, I am a very poor proof reader when it comes to my own works. :type:

I do, however, stand by what I said. They are all mental midgets.

11. hillclimber1

hillclimber1
    Expand Collapse

The poll results to this point reflect how effective the evil left has been over the last 6 years in their Clintonian "slash and burn" (I can't think of the right term) policy of political destruction.

12. hillclimber1

hillclimber1
    Expand Collapse

I think these leftists of the Democrat party are tools of the principalities and powers currently trying to shape the political landscape worldwide. Things are moving fast.

13. ccrobinson

ccrobinson
    Expand Collapse

I thought a big part of her saying this is because she doesn't want her agenda as president to be set by the current president. If we aren't out of Iraq by 2009, then she would be forced to deal with it, thus defining her agenda for her.

14. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry
    Expand Collapse
    <b>Moderator</b>

That may be too. But by a stunt like this, she can try to separate herself from it. Many on both sides are running away from it hard, in hopes of avoiding any responsibility in case of failure as in Vietnam. The better tactic would be to help make it work. This just shos a lack of leadership on Clinton's part. She has no solutions that she will offer. She just sits back and whines.

15. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Your funny. :laugh: Wrong, but funny! :laugh:

16. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

And humble on top of that :saint: :laugh:

17. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4
    Expand Collapse

She resents it. Who cares and just what does that mean really. Her statement show a lack of understanding about what is going on in Iraq and quite a bit of imaturity.

18. bobbyd

bobbyd
    Expand Collapse

OK...was it Hillary that said this, or was it the on the latest Al Qaida video sent to Al Jazeerah?

19. NiteShift

NiteShift
    Expand Collapse

Campaign season starts earlier and earlier, doesn't it?
    Good thing Hillary has all that strategic & tactical experience to draw on!

Interesting idea. Basically, up till now he just wasn't trying hard enough to win. :eek: