1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Clinton to offer health care plan

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Ps104_33, Sep 17, 2007.

1. Ivon Denosovich

Ivon Denosovich New Member

This issue does bring smokers to mind. What about us? I've tried to find an official response from the candidates who favor UniHC and can't. Anyone got a cite?

2. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

Never happened. Congress authorized this war in 1991 and it was never ended. Weve been in a cease fire until we just went back in. You might want to get your history straight.

No evidence can be provided to support this notion. ZIt is all specualtion from the trwirly hat guys.

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    With the liberal advocacy of putting government in charge of every aspect of our lives, and democrats in power, I would imagine smoking will one day be illegal or maybe taxed out of existence.

In the meantime, liberals may find some way to penalize you or completely deny you coverage in their dream plan of national healthcare.

4. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Wow! A strawman and a slippery slope fallacy in one post!

5. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by carpro
    With the liberal advocacy of putting government in charge of every aspect of our lives, and democrats in power, I would imagine smoking will one day be illegal or maybe taxed out of existence.

In the meantime, liberals may find some way to penalize you or completely deny you coverage in their dream plan of national healthcare.

Think so?

Let's see what's happening in the UK:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/health/article1364697.ece

Hewitt: smokers should stop before they’re treated

Isabel Oakeshott Deputy Political Editor

PATIENTS who are overweight or smoke should be denied operations until they are fitter, the health secretary has declared.

Patricia Hewitt says it is right for doctors to order individuals to lose weight or give up cigarettes before they are treated.

That sounds like a strong effort at government behavior control or no operation of any kind.

Fat people and smokers will be refused certain coverage and all operations unless they toe the government line.

And then there's Canada:

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/new-brunswick/story/2006/01/19/nb_smokersurgery20060119.html

Two-pack-a-day smoker denied leg surgery
    Last Updated: Thursday, January 19, 2006 | 10:58 AM AT

CBC News

An Albert County man says a Moncton doctor refused to operate on his leg because he's a smoker.
    Robert Randall, 42, broke his knee in a snowmobile accident two years ago. He's already had four operations and is waiting for a fifth.

Randall says his doctor refuses to operate, even though he has screws sticking out of his knee, his femur is bent and his right leg is about 7.5 cm shorter than the left.

#65 carpro, Sep 19, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2007
  6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is practically the case now.

7. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I vote we make you the surgeon general… You seen to know about medical stuff...

8. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Better yet, I think he should be appointed National Poet for the Hillary Administration.

9. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

OK SN, this really ticked me off..........till I sat here awhile composing this response.

Just like slick, I pray for this president regularly.