1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Closer look at the Constitution Party

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by BillyG, Dec 7, 2004.

1. Conservative Christian

CMG continues on and on with his childish semantic games.

Try to stay on topic, lad.

2. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Big man, no one intentionally tried to misrepresent you. It was all an accident. How are things in Houston?

3. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Go read some of Pennsylvania Jim's posts. </font>[/QUOTE]I ddn't realsise that Jim posted official statements for the CP.

4. NaasPreacher (C4K)

I ain't either ;)

However, my friend cmg and I are certainly not in cahoots [​IMG] .

5. Pennsylvania Jim

Pennsylvania Jim New Member

Go read some of Pennsylvania Jim's posts. </font>[/QUOTE]Sure, go ahead. You'll find nowhere that I made any such claim. Why don't you deal with facts and back up your opinions rather than making silly and false claims?

6. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Three charges here - I still have not seen any one of them backed up with a statement by the CP.

Here is room for the answers.

1) The CP has declared jihad against the GOP

Can you fill in the blanks. CMG?

7. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't let that guy in Houston see that post.

8. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Isn't this proof that we are not on the same side, CMG? ;)

9. Pennsylvania Jim

CMG simply makes unfounded accusations (called "bearing false witness" in the Bible) against his brothers and sisters in the CP, and it doesn't seem to occur to him that it's a sin.

10. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Three charges here - I still have not seen any one of them backed up with a statement by the CP.

</font>[/QUOTE]Still nothing, CMG?

11. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, this is politics. You know that you have gone to far in your religious claims and have retracted from time to time.

Secondly, the CP is not my brothers and sisters except in the general sense that Moslems are my brothers and sisters, etc. I suspect that your religious affiliations may be cultic or tied up with militia as they seem to be in Indiana by the association with the notorious Greg Dixon.

The CP does not get any respect from me. They do not value loyalty but expediency. Therefore the individual person that strays into their territory is sure to find himself doublecrossed by the CP that would not value his new loyalty anymore than they value his old loyalty. A leopard cannot change its spots.

The CP has suggested that foreign aid is illegal. Therefore the current $350 million sent to relieve suffering from the tidal wave would not have been spent under Peroutka and the CP.

Of course, the major betrayal by the CP is to declare that the American people are acting illegally in Iraq.

Therefore, I consider the CP unworthy of any sort of respect whatsoever except as an enemy.

12. NaasPreacher (C4K)

</font>[/QUOTE]Still waiting for these charges to be answered, CMG.

And now we add a new one to the list:

= that anyone who voted CP is a cultist.

You are fast losing any credibility, my friend.

13. Pennsylvania Jim

"This is politics" does not excuse lying. As to my "religious claims", I don't know that I have ever posted anything outside the realm of orthodox Christianity. And yes, sometimes I have been wrong, and am willing to admit or correct if shown.

Wrong. If you could see through your hatred, hyou'd find out that the vast majority of CP members and supporters are Christians...your brothers and sisters in Christ.

Obviously.

Loyalty to what?? I think that you will find the CP members to be fiercly loyal to their faith, and to the American republic. It seems that the thing that bothers you is that they are not loyal to a bunch of liberal politicians who call themselves "Republicans".

Your comment about expediency is a joke. The CP folks pour their time and money into campaigns that lose most of the time, in an attempt to get a start on things. Peroutka refused any sort of government campaign money on principle.

You sure have a knack for getting things exactly backwards.

Any evidence that anyone has been "doublecrossed" by the CP folks? Or just more empty accusations?

No, President Bush handled it magnificently by asking his father and Bill Clinton to head up a voluntary effort. That's how it should be done, and probably how Mr. Peroutka would have handled it, also.

More precisely, the CP would probably say that the administration is betraying the American people by acting illegally in Iraq. But I know that you disagree.

I know. You have only respect for Republicans...any Republicans...regardless of how badly their policies conflict with your beliefs or the good of our country...because you're loyal.

14. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Just to make it a little easier for CMG I am putting the charges issued into a new list.

Or is number 4 simply a personal attack on Jim? In which case it would be in violation of BB rules.

[ January 05, 2005, 08:23 AM: Message edited by: C4K ]

15. Stratiotes

Stratiotes New Member

All law must be based on certain presuppositions. If they are not Christian (theo-centric) then they will be anti-theistic by default. There is no "middle ground" in this issue. Either our laws are God-centered or they are man-centered. Until someone can overcome that rule that God programmed into our nature, I'm afraid the CP detractors don't have much of a case for opposing it and only end up in the awkward position of challenging God-centric law in favor of man-centric law.

16. NaasPreacher (C4K)

bumped - looking for a reply

17. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wow, how are things in outer space? To say that the IN CP is corrupt is a personal attack on PennJim--that is far out even for the CP!

Jihad is a good word to describe the CP attacks against the GOP. They even quote the Libertarians.

Read the threads about Rumsfeld.

The CP has failing memories about how often they have told us how they are Christians and should not be given a rebuttal about their politics.

Really, C4K, you should not worry about the reputation of the CP since you just won poster of the year in spite of your politics.

18. NaasPreacher (C4K)

I am still looking for the blanks to be filled in. Where did the CP:

Declare jihad?
    Criticise Rumsfield for the signature machine?
    Claim they were the only true Christians?

Not individuals who posted thoughts, but the CP as you charged.

Here is an equivalant:
    The Republican Party has said that the Constitution Party are an enemy. Just because one poster says it does not make it policy.

Admit it - your charges are groundless. Your constant vituperation against an insignificant, tiny, powerless, political party are costing you credibility.

19. Pennsylvania Jim

If you're going to be blinded by hatred, it would at least be nice if the hatred were not directed toward Christians who are working for the things in which you claim to belive.

20. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Tell the truth--I never had any credibility with the CP--LOL! You guys are overboard with your charges of hatred, etc. You are just a hapless political party that cannot answer a direct question and that is standing on an especially rotten platform. And quit saying that you don't deserve your political fate because you are Christians. Your party includes all types and some of the extreme right-wing that makes up your party worships the god of money--I know because I know some of the old taxpayer party guys. Also, you have that cultic Greg Dixon to expel.