1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Closer look at the Constitution Party

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by BillyG, Dec 7, 2004.

1. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

And the Republicans have the Log Cabin group to dump.

Greg Dixon - Log Cabin Republicans...seems like everyone has their baggage doesn't it.

BTW, I know nothing about the Dixon/CP connection. Is he a party leader? Or did he just vote CP?

2. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Peroutka says foreign aid is illegal. So I concluded that he would not have sent the $350 million (that Bush is asking Congress for). To which, PJ replied, "No, President Bush handled it magnificently by asking his father and Bill Clinton to head up a voluntary effort. That's how it should be done, and probably how Mr. Peroutka would have handled it, also."

PJ, are you saying that Peroutka supports the US government in sending $350 million of tax dollars to the survivors of the tidal wave?

3. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Again you shred logic. You say that the CP is Christian and then you run in Greg Dixon and some strange militia types from Southern Indiana. The GOP has no one to dump other than Duke at the moment because gays and lesbians are just mentally ill. It is not the GOP that is claiming to be the Protestant Party.

4. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Is Dixon a CP party leader?

I don't know.

5. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

I don't support sending tax dollars, it's not the Presidents to give. I support all the charities and individuals giving, but not using federal tax dollars.

Here is Peroutka's comments on the issue:

Mr. President, "Disaster Relief" Is Not Yours to Give

6. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

Again you shred logic. You say that the CP is Christian and then you run in Greg Dixon and some strange militia types from Southern Indiana. The GOP has no one to dump other than Duke at the moment because gays and lesbians are just mentally ill. It is not the GOP that is claiming to be the Protestant Party. </font>[/QUOTE]I don't think Dixon is a leader in the CP, he never even ran for office, he is a pastor that was supported by members of the CP, the GOP and the LP.

There are many others in the GOP that need to be dumped, GOP Orin Hatch is one of them, who is currenly trying to partner with a big homosexual group to push through a new gay acceptance bill, I won't be suprised when GWB signs it into law.

7. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's what I say--you lot would not send the $350 million to the survivors that Bush is asking Congress to send.

8. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

If I had $350 million to send, I would send it!

9. Pennsylvania Jim

Pennsylvania Jim New Member

Not that I know of. This is getting ridiculous. At what point does a moderator step in, when someone continues to post flat-out lies, and refuses to address them?

10. Pennsylvania Jim

No, I'm not saying that. My understanding is that the $350 million is to be raised from private donations. Great move by the President.

11. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Actually, IMHO, this thread has done a great deal to destroy the credibility of some who refuse to substantiate their charges. Hence, it does have merit.

12. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, PJ, you call for the moderator but you are totally incorrect about the $350 million but your friends NetPub and C4K refuse to correct you. It is $350 million taxpayer dollars from Congress that Peroutka would never have sent to the victims of the tidal wave according to his platform. Of course, once he got in office, he might doublecross his supporters.

13. Pennsylvania Jim

I could be wrong about the $350 million. But what I read was that Bush asked his father and Bill Clinton to head up the effort to raise $350 million in contributions.

I know that asking you for evidence to back up your claims is normally an exercise in futility, but I'm genuinely confused on this one. Can you provide a quote, or a link, or something?

14. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

I would support raising $350 million in donations, but am against giving away $350 million in tax dollars.

15. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I will do what your buddies won't do.

"Bush pledges $350 million in tsunami aid

By David Morgan

CRAWFORD, Texas (Reuters) - U.S. President George W. Bush, under pressure over the pace and size of American aid to Asian tsunami victims, dramatically raised U.S. assistance to the region on Friday to $350 million from $35 million.

web page Yahoo News Click here

16. NaasPreacher (C4K)

I believe and recognise that the $350 is taxpayer money.

However, no one has yet to provide evidence for the three-fold accusation of the CP in this thread.

17. Pennsylvania Jim

CMG,

Thanks for the link, that cleared it up for me:

Bush quickly made himself the hero by "giving" $350 million dollars that doesn't belong to him;

Then,

Made it look like he wasn't using taxpayers money by formulating a plan to raise an identical amount through voluntary contributions.

I should have known better than to give him credit for something without checking it thoroughly. When will I learn?

18. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, console yourself with the notion that Peroutka would have told the starving to eat cake that they would not get one red cent from the US treasury.

19. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Nope - the American people would have given generously out of thier hearts.

The $350 million is a paltry sum in the world total.

20. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you are saying that Peroutka would have doublecrossed his party and allowed foreign aid? The $350 million is taxpayer money in the form of foreign aid which Peroutka says that he is against and Peroutka claims that it is unconstitutional, but then he thinks that about electricity since electricity is not mentioned in the constitution.