1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CNN Airs Enemy Video of Sniper Attacks on Americans

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Oct 20, 2006.

1. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Is the saying "birds of a feather" fitting here? I guess you missed the other thread where he called me Jane Fonda for not agreeing with his point of view.

I am not knocking the military. I did my time and would do so again if I was needed. I am proud of everyone who ever put on a uniform and know the sacrifice that takes. I also feel an obligation to make sure they are only sent in harms way for good reasons. Good american reasons!

I knock the reason and pretense we went there and nt the soldiers for being there. They are there because they were ordered to go and as good soldiers they went.

Brother Joseph loudly says he supports this war and what we are doing there. I feel if he is that supportive, he should prove it with his actions. Read my post, this is the position I have had all along. In an anology, he is saying Lima beans are really great and good for ya but won't eat any (yuck!).

It is no secret the american people were deceived when we went to Iraq. Osama bin Laden gets some guys to fly planes into the WTC and we know he is in Afghanistan, so in response we say Sadaam Hussein has weapons of mass destruction, go take over his country and stick him in jail. If we can find Sadaam in a hole in the middle of no where, why can't we find Osama? Or do we want to?

Now we Americans are funding the effort to restore a government in Iraq because the profits from the oil which should finance the war is financing the insurgents and their cause. Another large percentage is lining the pockets of the government we stuck in office. Meanwhile we finance the war and feed the citizens who want us to leave.

We need to do one of two things, start fighting or honor the people's request and leave.

2. Daisy

Daisy New Member

No, I am no traitor of any kind. It is Freakshow rhetoric on your part to shut down discussion of the issues.

3. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

What about him calling everyone on here almost a traitor. jeepers, I don't know another poster who would do that.

4. Daisy

Daisy New Member

He didn't call everyone here "almost" a traitor - he called several people here a traitor.

It's possible Ralph agrees with him.

5. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I meant "almost everyone", here is what he posted on this thread, plus he has another thread going in "General Baptist Discussion on Abortion and vote, calling everyone a traitor".

Darken in 1 vote for you having no honor and traitor.
    Joseph Botwinick

Nope. It is called broadcasting propaganda for the enemy and giving aid and comfort to the terrorists while demoralizing our troops and weakening the resolve of Americans. Liberals are pretty good at this. They have been doing this ever since helping the North Vietnemese defeat America over 30 years ago.
    Joseph Botwinick

I have no doubt in my mind whose side CNN is on: The side of the Terrorists and Democrats. All three are on the same side.
    Joseph Botwinick

Nothing is a lost cause until you surrender and give up. You left wing wackos just don't want to admit that you are really hoping above all else that the terrorists do win and rooting for us to lose, all for political gain. That is the only way you can regain power. You guys are a bunch of traitors and a disgrace to the nation. You are on the side of the terrorists.
    Joseph Botwinick

Fonda Style Traitor.
    Joseph Botwinick

I will do my patriotic duty and teach the children of those who are gone to Iraq and continue to stand against traitors like yourself. One does not have to be in the military to be patriotic, and spouting the enemies propaganda is not patriotic. If my nation decides they need me, I will go to war and not to Canada like so mant of your traitorous friends.
    Joseph Botwinick

Back at ya, you self righteous Arminian.
    Joseph Botwinick

1. You assume too much.

2. You are a self righteous Arminian. Every Arminian is at least a little self righteous about their free will decision for the Lord.

3. I'll pass...I think I would rather recieve counseling from OBL than from you...
    Joseph Botwinick

God called me to be a teacher. He called others to be soldiers. Wasn't my calling...but if I am needed, I won't be heading for the Northern border like many of your teasonous buddies. I'll put you down as 1 vote for teason.
    Joseph Botwinick

1. That is counsel from OBL rather than you. He at least is honest about where he stands.

2. I only call those who are traitors, traitors.

3. I am glad we finally have an understanding about where I am coming from.
    Joseph Botwinick

Thank you for your service that was honorable. It is sad to see you tarnish that honor by spouting off the propaganda of the enemy. If my nation needs me, I will be there and not in Canada.

Darken in 1 vote for you having no honor and traitor.
    Joseph Botwinick

Let me make this clear that a two year old could understand it:

I don't admire in any way OBL. I do, however, acknowledge that he is at least honest about where he stands whereas, you are not.
    Joseph Botwinick

#65 Brother Bob, Oct 23, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2006
  6. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Sometimes he goes off the deep end (evil twin posting). Otoh, I've seen him post remarkably lucid statements as well.

7. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

Well he is consistent, and he does have good grammer.:laugh: :laugh:.

8. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Spelling not that great!!

9. Ralph III

Ralph III New Member

Daisy I have called nobody a traitor! I took offense with CNN's manner of reporting this event and as given to them by our enemies. Then I saw where the posts had turned personal and poor in nature on both sides. So I asked us to be conscious of such. "First, I would hope some would take a deep breath and remember what forum you are on. I know emotions over such can get heated but the same can be said without personal attacks".

However, it would be ignorant to think there are none within America who would not like to see us fail. Which can be due simply out of ideology and/or spite. I am not accusing anyone of such an extreme position on this board. But I do strongly disagree with a few and believe some rhetoric simply tends to embolden our enemies. I have seen numerous positions taken simply out of apparent hatred for Bush. Yet never a post or follow-up praying for him and our leaders in making the proper decisions!

Uh, I think it has been said we are at war with terrorists. Which is a fact within Iraq also! But you are welcome to believe otherwise.

Birds of a feather is saying one thinks and does as others. I have called you no names nor attacked you LeBuick.

I never said you were knocking the military and commend you for your service. Your position here is an honorable one. However, you should full well know how morale is impacted with constant second guessing and attacks upon the Military personnel or Commander-n-Chief. In addition LeBuick we have a strong form of government with many checks and balances. It is not ran by a Dictator or King by which their rule is supreme. We simply have to stand by our Leadership and pray they are doing what is best as they are fully informed. We are not! Be He Republican or Democrat. Our wars have always been one in a national defense type or in defense of others'. Not conquering, enslaving, and pillaging as some like to portray us in Iraq.

Though I disagree with you I can respect your position. But again he was a dictator who hated America and was in full violation of many UN mandates thus legitimizing war alone. He had WMD's of which 100+ ricin filled projectiles were found. It really surprises me that you, being former military, would seemingly support this airing by CNN. Film footage which was given them by our enemies in showing an American soldier being killed. You know it was wrong.

Well I remember a time when the left said Bush was going to war just for the oil. I am not saying you are liberal but it's ironic now he is in trouble for not using the oil. In addition, the Iraqi people voted on their temporary government with other elections to be held in future.

I can agree with your statement. Please do remember there are actually many people who do indeed welcome us. Again if Iraq stabilizes and turns out to be any sort of ally of America, such will prove immeasurable for us and great for them.

Take care, Ralph

Again :BangHead: CNN:tonofbricks: Pathetic!

God Bless our Men and Women in Uniform.

#69 Ralph III, Oct 23, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2006
  10. Daisy

Daisy New Member

I haven't seen it here. Many people, most sensible people, disagree with his policies, particularly in regards to Iraq.

Some people find it unseemly to make a show of piety; others wear it like bad cologne.

Yeah, I know it has been said, but that doesn't make it so.

Is it a fact? Do you know who all are fighting in Iraq? How do you distinguish between Iraqi nationalists fighting the invaders and occupiers, tribalists fighting for local power, rival sectarians, men paid to fight and anti-Western jihadis?

Gosh, thanks, Ralph!

11. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

First, let me start by saying I am netiher Rep or Dem. I don't vote party lines. I research each candidate, look at their position on all things and consider who i feel would be best for the job. They get my vote.

I understand you being offended, this is your view and you're intitled to it. I simply stated my view which was I'm glad to be shown unedited or sensored news so I can know the truth about what is going on. It was Joseph who began the attacks basically saying our view is treasonous.

I don't see CNN or any American as wanting to see us fail. This was simply reporting the truth which gives the appearence we are failing and it has offended some. If CNN had of paid for the film or somehow cmpensated their side for the sniper shot or footage then I could see your point. Only reporting the good and not the bad is what I can bad reporting.

When you single me out as the trouble maker. How am I supposed to take that? You also appeared to be in agreement with the one who did the name calling. Kind of like guilt by association.

Now you hit the nail, what happens when that form of government begins to present false information just to get its way? What happens when the one you trust to lead and oversee the good checks and balances presents false information to sway the decisions his way?

The implication being that Sadaam was also a terrorist or would assist them and had weapons of mass destruction. This presented an urgent situation to the American people and won him support for these actions.

The truth has surfaced that Bush was less than 100% truthful with us. There were some who also felt we needed the support of the UN. Did he listen?

Do we have a dictatorship, NO. However, if you can lie to get your way then have a press that gives us sensored news, how then are we to know truly what is going on? This is why I'm glad to be presented truth and not filtered truth.

12. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I don't think you are a "Jane Fonda" at all Daisy and if I remember right one of the planes in WWII had Daisy painted on the nose of the plane, so stand tall BB lady!

13. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not everyone is called to military service, even with a "draft".:smilewinkgrin:

But all can have political opinions regardless of calling. Demanding someone else join the military to earn the right to speak is pretentious, at best. To earn the right to speak authoritatively on certain issues, actual military service might be necessary. I don't believe the subject of this thread is one of them.

To my knowledge, there are only two known traitors alive in America today, Jane Fonda and John Kerry. It is doubtful either of them is posting under cover here at the BB.

14. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Why you call John Kerry a traitor because he is a Democrat?

If I never served I might say what you did, but doubt it.

15. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Many people are democrats. He and Jane are the only traitors that I know of in either party.

16. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

You didn't answer why John Kerry is a traitor when he fought in the war and was a decorated soldier.

17. Essene

Essene New Member

So...

What's the problem? CNN is the world's best-staffed news organization in the world. I depend on CNN to report ALL the news. This is something I needed to know and see. If you did not want to see it, then, perhaps you are ashamed of what your country is doing by "Occupying" another sovereign nation, for no good reason.

If we're "getting our butts kicked," do you feel this should be hidden from your rose-colored glasses?

18. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I'll give you $1 to say you're republican...

19. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Make it $10 and I'll say it. :laugh: Although, I'd have to take a shower because I'd feel so dirty and used.

20. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Really ?

You didn't already know it?

Had to see it? Bloodthirsty for a little American blood?

Sick.:(