1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured CNN is lying when they say Ferguson protests were ‘peaceful’

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Dec 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    CNN is lying because they are scrambling to deflect thinking from the fact that Ferguson and its mishandling by Nixon and others partially caused the massive defection from the Democrat Party. Two thirds of white working people have left the Democrat Party. That is why Hillary so desperately needs extra-terrestrials and zombies to register and vote Democrat in 2016.

2. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

Zaac, you've said a couple times that there are standards that keep black men off the police force. I can't quite wrap my head around that. How can a universal standard be racist? Can you give an example of an actual standard that could possibly be racist?

I'm not saying there isn't. I just can't understand how there possibly could be.

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is a good question but it is off topic in this thread. Maybe you should start a thread on that.

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I can't hardly wait to hear it, if he answers at all.

5. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Hey Sapper. Long time no speak. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

I didn't say racist in reference to the standards. But they can be discriminatory. If you can show that the qualifying standards or something about them disproportionately disqualifies people of a specific race, color, religion, age, etc, then the qualifying standard is deemed discriminatory.

That's why I said that it's probably not a bad idea to have the DOJ look into the hiring practices of the Ferguson Police Department. 3 out of 53 when nearly 70% of the town is Black? That's just crazy and dangerous because anything the police department does is going to be looked at like an "us against them" situation.

If I were the mayor, the first thing I would have done upon taking office is started to even out those numbers.

It creates a very dangerous situation for the police when you've got communities of black people who essentially feel like they are once again being lorded over by white slave masters on a plantation.

People, no matter what their skin color, need to be able to have a connection to the people who are policing them. But the Ferguson situation is just crazy. 3 out of 53.

I believe there was a case against BMW a few years ago where they were using criminal background checks as a condition for hiring. There was also one against Pepsi. It's not illegal to require a background check. But if your requirement disparately impacts one of those protected groups, then it's considered discriminatory.

And when there is only 3 out of 53 black police officers in a town that's nearly 70% black, something is wrong.

6. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

What if only 6% of the qualified applicants are black? Would something still be wrong?

7. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

It still presents a case of prima facie discrimination. In a city that's nearly 70% black, what are you including in your "qualifications" that's disqualifying so many Blacks in comparison to Whites?

This is where the EEOC violations occur.

It could be something perfectly innocent or that looks innocent to the people doing the hiring.

But if the disparate impact presents a case where a disproportionate number of individuals in a protected class are being "disqualified", then legally, the qualifications need to be looked at.

8. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have such a high opinion of yourself, I'll bet your feet never touch the ground! :smilewinkgrin:

9. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Look like the green-eyed monster got you again!

Song of Solomon 8:6 - Set me as a seal upon your heart, as a seal upon your arm, for love is strong as death, jealousy is fierce as the grave. Its flashes are flashes of fire, the very flame of the LORD.
    1Corinthians 13:4 - Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it his not arrogant.
    Philippians 2:3 - Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves.
    James 3:14-15 - But if you have bitter jealousy and selfish ambition in your hearts, do not boast and be false to the truth. This is not the wisdom that comes down from above, but is earthly, unspiritual, demonic.
    Psalm 37:1-3 - Fret not yourself because of evildoers; be not envious of wrongdoers! For they will soon fade like the grass and wither like the green herb. Trust in the LORD, and do good; dwell in the land and befriend faithfulness.
    James 3:16 - For where jealousy and selfish ambition exist, there will be disorder and every vile practice.
    Proverbs 14:30 - A tranquil heart gives life to the flesh, but envy makes the bones rot.

Oh, one more thing Mr. Wade .... I believe you meant to say "write' not ' right? And you claim I "ramble" when I get angry; silly wabbit. Trix are for kids, not immature adults!

The truth is, I'll let the Bible do my speaking about your anger and hate towards me. I think you need to put me on IGNORE, since reading my comments causes you to stumble over your own admitted hate and wanton disregard for me.

10. matt wade

Trust me, I'm not jealous of you.

You are correct. I made a misspelling, from my phone, in my haste.

No ignore for you. You provide a daily dose of amusement for me. I enjoy laughing at the absurdity of the things you post.

11. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

He's not going anywhere Matt. You present a challenge for him and he has to show those who think like him that he can keep the mean and nasty schtick up and remain in the group.

Plus it gives him the attention that he CRAVES.

12. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your ego must be huge. Did your wife hide all your mirrors?

13. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    BINGO! Man you are good at what you do! I's craves da 'tention, man!

14. matt wade

Speaking of absurdities...

The funniest part is that you still have me on ignore, so you have to take extra steps to see every one of my posts.

15. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your ego must be a difficult thing to avoid! In fact your knees must be pretty skinned up from tripping over your ego all the time. So don't flatter yourself. I took everyone off ignore, because like you I was getting bored and needed some late night entertainment. Man I miss Leno :laugh::

16. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Man you took us off IGNORE because we make you feel relevant. For a good minute you kept up that sham of "somebody else read your comments and told me about it".:rolleyes:

You can't stand not having attention. That's why you make ridiculously inane threads and posts that make no good sense or serve any purpose other than keeping you "relevant" with the board's "political conservatives". :laugh:

17. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And your only reason for being on the board is what???

You hardly create a post thread. However, you are always in the mix, stirring the pot of racism and religious bunk. If you think, I am here only to be relevant with other conservatives, then you must be here to be a constant pain in the rearward portion of everyone's conservative derriere. :smilewinkgrin:

18. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread is closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.