1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Coach "P" (Syracuse U) Keeps His Job - For Now

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Salty, Dec 6, 2004.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    At 730 pm,tonight (Monday) Syracuse University announced that Coach P will keep his job, at least for next season. However, the new AD will have the option of a change. (SU still is searching for the perfect AD)

GO SU! BEAT GEORGIA TECH !!!

2. JackRUS

JackRUS New Member

That's good news. I will be rooting for SU as well. It's the least I could do after seeing how they sent off Boston College.

And BTW...GO PITT!

3. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Paul Pass-the-baloney couldn't coach a high school team into respectability. Coach P's AD buddy and a trouncing of BC saved his job for a season. Watch what happens on 12/21 when the Orange get squeezed on the national stage. He'll probably get hire by the Cleveland Browns as head coach. [​IMG]

4. padredurand

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey saltcitybaptist, how will Coach P stand now that Georgia Tech conducted their football clinic for the Orange? I took the SU sticker off my car. Oy! There's always basketball. Maybe I'll put it back on?

5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    At 1330 hrs (thats 130 pm for you civillians) SU announced that Coach P has been fired. According to TV 9 WXIT TV a poll indicates 80% of fans consider it a good decision.
    Now for a bit of background. 6 weeks ago, the SU AD resigned. The Chansellor ( who has only been at SU for about 4 months) stated that a nation wide search would begin to find a new AD. It only took 4 weeks to hire a new AD. Something tells me that he had been contacted well before the offical resignation was made public.
    I know Coach P has not had a great record the past three years, but he was to be given one more year. Then SU stabs him in the back!

Your thoughts?

PS Padre, are you going to put a new bumber sticker on your car?

6. padredurand

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We'll see after the Big East BB gets under way. I don't pay that much attention to SU playing teams like O'Toole's Bar and Grill and Lower Podunk Truck Driving School.

You didn't think P was really going to stay for a full season with a new AD, did you?

Now, now. SU is a Methodist-related institution of higher learning. You don't think they'd do anything like that, do you? Along that line of thinking do you think Coach P could fit in at Cicero-North Syracuse as, say, equipment manager?

7. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist

8. padredurand

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You mean Clinton wasn't a committed Baptist?

Where do you think Coach P will go? Who may be in line for the SU job?

9. padredurand

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Coach P goes to the 'Boys. May he do for them what he did for us. AP Wire story

10. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thats right Padre, Coach P is now with the Big Leagues. Dallas has seen how good he his. From reports, he will coach the tight ends.
    I used to be a Cowboys fan, when I was at Fort Hood, but lost interest over the years. Well, now, I will be getting my Cowboys shirt out!