1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Coach Richt is coming home

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by FriendofSpurgeon, Dec 3, 2015.

1. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Thank you UGA for getting rid of the best coaches in the country. Mark Richt is coming home to the Miami Hurricanes. So very glad to have him back.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If there ever was a program that needs Mark Richt, it's Miami. Maybe he can right the ship and work on the reputation down there. He's a good man and I think he can do well there. I feel that the Bulldogs are going to regret this soon.

3. FriendofSpurgeon

Site Supporter

UM was one of the most talented, athletic teams in the country, but also one of the least disciplined, most penalized teams as well. Hopefully, he will bring that discipline to the program. More importantly, I'm very excited about how his faith will impact the program and the university as a whole. A friend heads up Cru (Campus Crusade) at the U, so I am sure that he is very glad that he is coming here.

4. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I've always been a fan of the Hurricanes. I think this is a wonderful move on The U's part. The University of Georgia (booo! Go JACKETS!!!) let go of a class act that has done much more for that program than just win games. I've gotten to spend a little time with Coach Richt and he seems to be a really authentic man who is concerned about the eternal lives of his players first and the football field later.

Some might think that he just couldn't be successful without being a die-hard, football first, second and third type guy. But he proved just what could be accomplished when keeping Christ first.

So praise God for expanding his territory to South Florida again!!!

He will continue to be an asset to The Kingdom and as such to the football program at The U!!!

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    If he likes snow, he could come to Syracuse. - but we do have a domed stadium

6. FriendofSpurgeon

Site Supporter

Even as a dyed in the wool Ramblin' Wreck, it was hard to pull against the farm boys too much when he was the head coach. From everything I've ever heard, he's first class. Don't understand how/why they let him go, but so glad to have him at the U. My wife knows the football team's chaplain. I'm sure he's elated to have him!!