1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Coakley Press Release Charges Ballot Fraud

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by carpro, Jan 19, 2010.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

I've had news for the election on a google page since I got home. Someone's been tweeting (and tweeting and tweeting) that there were 6 people who said their ballots were already marked for Brown.

3. Steven2006

Steven2006 New Member

I wouldn't doubt that they are coming up with this as a way to justify delaying Brown being seated until they could try and vote the HC bill through.

4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Exactly the Dems have no shame

5. FR7 Baptist

FR7 Baptist Active Member

I'm sceptical as well. If there was a massive effort to pre-mark ballots for Brown then there should be more than six people with the ballots.

6. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

If this were the other way, you'd be singing a different tune, Mitch. Prefilled ballots for the GOP candidate and you blame the Democrats without one shred of evidence to support your allegation. SO typical.

7. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It seems the press release was written yesterday. :laugh:

8. FR7 Baptist

MP, as usual you're right. I guess great minds do think alike. :tongue3: Not everything that goes somewhat wrong has to automatically be a partisan issue.

9. Magnetic Poles

That is true if you have the ability to think rationally, and facts matter to you.

I am against ANY voter fraud. If Mr. Brown wins, so be it. It just need to be a fair election.

10. Magnetic Poles

I also find it noteworthy that some are already assuming if (and it is still an "if" at this point) Mr. Brown wins, he will be delayed in being seated. Funny, but that is from the GOP playbook. Just ask Senator Franken and his constituents how long it took to get the Senator seated.

11. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

So you addressed only me why? The evidence is the backroom deals and exclusion of the repubs in this healthcare deal. The consistent lie Obama has told and has been well documented on this board time and again. The current demcoms are not to be trusted and even more compelling they are desperate.

Add to that you do not have one shred of evidence that the Brown campaign had anything to do with it. They are certainly more trustworthy than the demcoms.

12. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What is it with liberals inability to make legitimate comparisons. There is a huge difference between this and that election. There is a huge difference between one candidate disputing votes for an opponent ( which boths sides did) and the entire Senate delaying the seating of Brown to get health care through.

Apple and tornados

13. FR7 Baptist

Wait, it just fully hit me- you're blaming the Democrats for wanting to help Mr. Brown. No one is blaming the Brown campaign for anything. It could be the Brown camp, it could be a corrupt election official not associated with any campaign, it could be made up, or it could even be your conspiracy theory. We just don't know. The problem is you automatically jump to a partisan conclusion and it's so transparent and we see right through it.

14. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have to quit drinking the MP koolaide. Just a few posts ago you said:

At least maintain some pretend presence of consistency.

15. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just stop. You are lost.

16. FR7 Baptist

I fully believe in all of the posts I've made in this thread. It's not that hard to fit together, Reverend. I am both skeptical and not jumping to partisan conclusions.

17. Magnetic Poles

As Paul pointed out, I made no such claim, therefore no evidence required to support anything.
    Maybe, maybe not. That remains to be seen. At this point, it is just your opinion. And name calling doesn't help your position.

18. Steven2006

Steven2006 New Member

I brought it up, so if you feel the need to jump on someone, it should be me. I believe I am fairly open minded on most issues, but this is the first thing that came to my mind. You are responding as if it was said in fact, when what I did say is I wouldn't doubt it, and I don't. The entire political machine is run by democrats in MA. Brown wouldn't likely have the opportunity to do this, or even better why would he? He has all the momentum at this point.

Even on Hardball they raised this issue and the reporter said when she pressed Coakley's camp it they are claiming fraud they backed off that. It seems like it has been raised as an excuse. Excuse for what is the question, was it for her embarrassing campaign, or so they can delay. I think it is a reasonable question to ask.

19. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

If the Dems delay Brown being seated, if he wins, then this will cause more skepticism about Obama and his minions.

20. Steven2006

Steven2006 New Member

Not to derail the thread, but isn't it ironic that the death of Ted Kennedy just might be the death of health care reform.