1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

~~COFFEE~~

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by Kathy, Sep 26, 2001.

1. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

I don't regularly drink coffee, but I love the way it smells.

I will drink it occasionally, and have to add a good dose of sugar and cream to offset the bitter, but I love it.. ..

2. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    God made all herbs for a purpose. My wife, the doctor, reminds me that the coffee bean that is so destructive to the human body and one of the worst things you can ingest (soda pop and alcohol are further down the list of "evils") that it should certainly be shunned by believers! [​IMG]

Why did God make coffee? Well, it is for our good, but we simply put it in the wrong end! If coffee is brewed (not instant) and allowed to come to room temperature, it is one of the most effective means of lowering fevers, stopping parastaltic cramping, flu, diarrhea, etc. [​IMG]

By enema, of course. THAT is the way to get your Starbuck's fix. :eek:

And it really does work. Have some documentation that shows the medicinal benefit of coffee, but not orally! Thought this might brighten up your early morning! :rolleyes:

3. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Mmmmm...that answers a whole lot of questions I had about some of his replies to my posts...he was just a little cranky! S'ok, I understand now. :cool:
    da Gina
    (I humbly apologize in advance...but that one was too easy to resist [​IMG] :rolleyes: )

4. Footwasher

Footwasher New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Purple Lady:

OK, I NEED to know, where do you get those cute little guys??
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://www.plauder-smilies.de/

5. GloryBound

GloryBound New Member

Coffee....hmmm I gave up regular coffee a few years back. Everyone said my coffee was so weak it was like drinking stump water :rolleyes: I read somewhere that 2 cups of regular coffee a day, can destroy all the calcium in a womans body. I have been drinking Taster's Choice decaf ever since. Now, no more complaints about my stump water :D

~Becky~

6. Kathy

Kathy New Member

In viewing the posts by Dr. Bob here on this thread and the soda thread, I will attempt to translate what he is saying...

Anything that tastes good will kill you.

Yep, I think that about sums it up! *hehe*

Kathy
    &lt;&gt;&lt;

7. Kathy

Kathy New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Footwasher:
    [​IMG] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Totally cool! [​IMG]

Kathy
    &lt;&gt;&lt;

8. JPCambetas

JPCambetas New Member

Here in Brazil, people drink coffee like you guys drink Coke.
    I realy like drinking coffee, but I tell you that the smell is much better then the taste of it.
    Every morning I wake up with that nice smell of the coffe being made by our maid.
    JP ;) ;)

9. Rockfort

I drink more coffee than just about anyone else I know. I normally work nights, and long hours at that, so coffee is a big part of my sitting at the desk for that long. Then I have a hangout, the local Dairy Queen in my small Texas town, where I put away 2 or 3 cups in the afternoon. At Sunday Bible Study I am the one unofficially in charge of the coffee pots, and I see to it that the stuff is hot and ready, and of course drink some of it myself.

Since the coffee at work is not very good, I also take my own gourmet coffee with me. My favorite flavor is Swiss mocha almond; but for some reason that is harder to find any more. So I ususally buy chocolate macademia nut, which tastes very similar. I wait for a grocery store to put that kind on sale from their supply where shoppers grind it themselves with the electric grinder, and then I stock up with as much as I am sure will not go stale. It is usually 2 dollars a pound higher when not on sale, and at my consumption rate that can mean a lot of bucks.

I can only drink it black. Sugar, cream, or anything else only ruins it (for me). The only time I stopped drinking it since about the age of 16 is once when I had stomach problems which I thought were ulcers. But after a few weeks, that got better and has not resurfaced. I have not 'fasted' from it for more than 2 days otherwise, and then I do not get the headaches that other nicotene consumers claim happens to them. Going without it is like spending the whole day indoors; missing coffee is like missing sunshine.

10. preacher

preacher New Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    You better look out! If da Gina ever gets ahold of this...... [​IMG]

[ September 27, 2001: Message edited by: preacher ]

11. Barnabas H.

Barnabas H. <b>Oldtimer</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JPCambetas: Every morning I wake up with that nice smell of the coffe being made by our maid.
    JP ;) ;)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Very cute JP, very cute! [​IMG]

12. Barnabas H.

Barnabas H. <b>Oldtimer</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by preacher: You better look out! If da Gina ever gets ahold of this...... [​IMG] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You see what you have done Footwasher, you turned a gentle soul like the Preacher into a monster with these forreign smilies. We may just have to eradicate them all before they contaminate the entire BaptistBoard! ;)

13. Kathy

Kathy New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Barnabas:

You see what you have done Footwasher, you turned a gentle soul like the Preacher into a monster with these forreign smilies. We may just have to eradicate them all before they contaminate the entire BaptistBoard! ;)
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Please Please Please can we keep them? [​IMG]

Kathy
    &lt;&gt;&lt;