Cognitive Behavioral Deception pt1

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by plain_n_simple, Apr 28, 2014.

1. plain_n_simple

plain_n_simple
    Expand Collapse

"Cognitive Therapy

Developed by Dr. Aaron T. Beck, Cognitive Therapy (CT), or Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT), is a form of psychotherapy in which the therapist and the client work together as a team to identify and solve problems. Therapists help clients to overcome their difficulties by changing their thinking, behavior, and emotional responses."

I was hoping this "Christian" man would say "Therapists help clients to overcome their difficulties by changing their thinking, behavior, and emotional responses.....by leading them to Jesus, for He is the only Truth, the only way.
    Nope. Aaron developed this doctrine on his own. If he did it by direction of the Holy Spirit, why would he not uplift the name above all names? Maybe he forgot to glorify Jesus. Beck is also known as the "father" of CBT. So I guess now he is the father of a new Christian based therapy?

I am hoping to see parallels of Beck's mind and Christ's mind as I read the book Ancient Christian Wisdom and Aaron Beck’s Cognitive Therapy: a meeting of the minds
    My first thoughts were "Ancient Christian wisdom"? How about a live Jesus living in me? Transformed to the mind of Christ?

I still look and seek on Beck's website where the doctor explains to an unsaved patient that salvation comes only by Jesus, and His truth can set you free.

I've yet to see how Aaron tells the Christian patient to focus on Jesus, who took captivity captive, and set the captives free.

In fact, in Aaron's model of therapy, there is no distinction between the saved and the unsaved. No heaven, no hell. No Holy Ghost. No calling on the name of Jesus who is the deliverer. No preaching the gospel here. Just a Christian label on a man made system of thought.

It is shaping up as I study this cognitive behavior theory, that a Buddist, or an athiest, or a Catholic, or anyone can use this model of healing equally. It has no Christian distinction, it is as if Beck is ashamed of the gospel.
    To develop a new way to deal with man's mental/soul condition, is saying that trusting in Jesus for sozo is ancient, out of date, wont work. A bad tree cannot produce good fruit. If Beck is a good tree, I will look for the millions he has brought to Christ, by whose stripes we are healed.