1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Coke or Pepsi?

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by SaggyWoman, Jun 19, 2007.

?
  1. Coke

14 vote(s)
    25.9%
  2. Pepsi

8 vote(s)
    14.8%
  3. Diet Coke

12 vote(s)
    22.2%
  4. Diet Pepsi

9 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. Cherry Coke

8 vote(s)
    14.8%
  6. Cherry Pepsi

6 vote(s)
    11.1%
  7. Diet Cherry Coke

3 vote(s)
    5.6%
  8. Diet Cherry Pepsi

4 vote(s)
    7.4%
  9. Other Coke product

12 vote(s)
    22.2%
  10. Other pepsi product

13 vote(s)
    24.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Whatever you say, then. I'll let you have the last word, as this isn't a debate forum.

2. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

For Cola drinkers, there is a taste difference between Coke, Pepsi, RC, etc. Ask root beer drinkers if they prefer A&W or Barqs? There is a difference.

For coffee drinkers, yes there is taste difference between some coffees -- why do you think Starbucks is so successful? Marketing has a lot to do with it, but the products are better too.

Lastly for beer drinkers, there's a taste difference between Coors, Miller, Bud, etc.

3. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is a fine difference between these different brands of the various drinks (makers don't share their formuilae with competitors), but it is, in fact, so fine that the brainwashing is what leads gullble consumers to think 'their' brand tastes better. If brainwashing advertising is applied strongly and thoroughly enough, those who fall for it "get used to" [as it's commonly said] the the taste of that certain product, so any difference just doesn't 'seem' right-- like crossing your arms with the one usually 'on top' on the bottom. If you really don't think it works that way, what is the reason for spending so many millions to push images, slogans, jingles, and associations?

But if you're on top of all this-- that is, you realize how they can hook you-- then you'll notice the difference is not so great; in fact, it's so trivial as to result in your buying habits being always the least expensive. That's why, for me, it's almost always Sam's Choice diet cola-- if I have any at all, which is not often.

4. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Amen, I'm a Pepper, too.

5. TC

TC Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't know about that. I grew up listening to how everybody was choosing Pepsi over Coke in the Pepsi Challenge. I took it and chose Coke over Pepsi - I was quickly ushered out of the area. I was also one of the only ones that liked the New Coke in its short life - at least in this area

6. Psalm 95

Psalm 95 New Member

I used to drink coke with ordinary sugar, but now I drink tea or sparkling water.

7. faithgirl46

faithgirl46 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I don't drink soda much anymore.

8. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I prefer a cold beer...after about three or four you don't care what they taste like!!

9. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Recently had Pepsi Max. (Diet Pepsi with Ginseng and more caffein)

Definately a thumbs up (coming from a Coke person).

10. Sopranette

Sopranette New Member

Coke with a squeeze of lemon juice, and ice cold. Out west I heard it refered to as "pop". At first, I thought they were talking about some kind of candy. They were, in a way.

Sopranette