1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Colin Powell Endorses Barack Obama

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by JustChristian, Oct 19, 2008.

1. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Colin Powell Endorses Barack Obama

By admin on Oct 19, 2008 in Barack Obama

Former Secretary of State (for President Bush) Colin Powell endorsed Barack Obama for President this morning on Meet The Press.

The Republican Powell was a part of both George H.W. Bush & George W. Bush’s administrations. But this year he is voting for Democrat Barack Obama.

Powell cited the inclusive nature of Obama’s campaign as well as the negativity of McCain’s campaign among his reasons for his support of Obama.

He also noted John McCain’s lack of judgment in selecting the unqualified Sarah Palin as his VP.

Remember that a VP can become President of the United States at any moment. The selection of Sarah Palin as his VP was McCain’s first “Presidential” decision and it was a massive failure.

Watch Colin Powell’s Endorsement

http://www.thepresidentialcandidates.us/colin-powell-endorses-barack-obama/941/

Powell’s Press Conference After MTP

Powell Donated $ To McCain

Powell donated $2,300 to the McCain campaign in 2007. So one must assume (especially considering what he said today) that it’s McCain’s disgusting low road campaign tactics and the extremely poor judgment McCain showed by choosing Palin as his VP that pushed Powell away from McCain.
    2008, Colin Powell, Endorsements

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Colin Powell is someone I respect and admire. In fact, I wish he were running for President himself.

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So does Qadaffi

3. TomVols

TomVols New Member

This should not surprise anyone. Powell has been about hitching to whatever wagon he could find for the past two decades. Don't forget that it was this man who made the most convincing argument for going to war with Iraq and WMDs there.

4. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Thats not what he said in the OP of another thread. He said he felt like Obama was a traitor who would be whiter than the whites.'

Not sure what that has to do with the OP here though.
    '

5. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I think his non-committal to denounce Obama coupled with his vague feelings toward Obama must mean he endorses an Obama presidency.

How can a guy as bright as you not see that clearly being said in his statement?

6. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

He discussed this on meet the press, he said his endorsement was based on the faulty intelligence.

7. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

As was Blair's. As was Bush's. As was most in Congress.

8. John Toppass

John Toppass Active Member
    Site Supporter

Powell's decision does not surprise me. Four years ago, Powell warned that he was not as conservative as thought. So it is not surprising that he sides with so many others who intentionally sides against Christian values. I know of no one, who puts Christian values as a top priority and endorses Obama.

9. givengrace

givengrace New Member

Food for Though?

Could he just be miffed that he wasn't McCains VP choice?

10. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

So what? I don't care about his views. I do listen to Colin Powell's thoughtfully given endorcement. You can follow Qadaffi if you like.

11. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

I was very disappointed with Powell's argument for WMD in Iraq. However, I still respect him tremendously.

I assume from what you said that you believe that Bush's whole WMD argument for invading Iraq was a LIE. Is that true?

12. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

I respect Colin Powell more than that. I suppose you don't.

13. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have a great amount of respect for Powell. I watched the endorsement with interest and an open mind.

I thought he was making a very good case for Obama until he started to criticize McCain. When he started criticizing McCain, he just listed the talking points of the dems. "Sarah Palin isn't qualified and that demonstrated poor judgement", "McCain's behavior was erratic during the financial crisis and he has changed his position constantly"

He claimed to have seen a part of the Republican campaign that was attacking Obama unfairly by asking about his relationship with Ayers among other things. I noticed he didn't criticize Obama's poor judgement in maintaining a relationship with Ayers after 9/11 when he was quoted as saying he didn't think he'd done enough bombings and killings.

He praised Obama's rhetorical skills more than anything else.

When Brokaw pressed him about Obama's experience he stated he was sure Obama would surround himself with knowledgable people until he, Obama, could learn to do the job himself. The presidency of the United States doesn't lend itself to on the job training.

Obama doesn't have the experience to be President and Powell acknowledged that fact. Yet, he will vote for him anyway.

I have, for the first time since seeing Powell speak, come to doubt his judgement.

peace to you:praying:

14. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I was just stating what he said, my comments were not intended as an endorsement or sign of approval.

Just curious, how do you know he wasn't asked?

15. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

This is no surprise, but if you listened to his comments, you recognize that Powell did not make a decision on substance. He made it on flash and appearance -- he speaks well, he inspires people, his campaign is inclusive (though it's not at all inclusive).

Powell has always been known as a liberal. So for him to support a liberal is expected.

16. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Still sad. He has been touted as a far-more-conservative and republican-leaning Black man and even mentioned as a VP candidate.

Talk about compromising your life and future for racial fluff. He has no one to blame but himself.

17. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Less liberal than McCain. How can any Christian with a straight face honestly say there is a difference between McCain and Obama? Are we getting out the microscope to examine the difference between liberal and more liberal?

Chuck Baldwin is the only candidate that reflects our values.

18. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

At least he's supporting the winner.

19. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Right On, Dr. Bob?

You and canadyjd are so righteously right on, I am finally caught for words.

Preach IT brother and sister, and let's hope the nation hears you!

Pastor Paul

#19 righteousdude2, Oct 19, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2008
  20. rbell

rbell Active Member

Gosh, did I sleep through election day? I thought we had to wait 'till then to crown the messiah.:laugh: