1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Colin Powell's Former COS says "My Party is Full of Racists"

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Zaac, Oct 26, 2012.

1. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

After seeing the level of bitterness of some about this election and getting Obama out of office, i think the Colonel may have a point to a degree about the President's race.

2. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

Sure because everyone knows that in order to be against Obama's policies is really to be against the color of his skin.

Give me a break. Most of us would happily vote for Condoleeza Rice or Alan Keyes. Or any other well qualified person that shared our values regardless of color.

3. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

This post is more evidence that you are in the pocket of the Obama camp.

And for the record I'd have no problem voting for Keyes (actually would prefer to) or Rice.

4. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Right because everyone knows that for all those black people to be for Obama's policies is really to be for the color of his skin.

Perhaps yall need to give Black folks a break. Most of them could probably say they would happily vote for a Romney or a Bush or any other well qualified person who shared their values regardless of color.

5. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

So it has to be a certain type of Black candidate. Well I'm sure that all the Black folks in America will happy to find out that Obama's skin color isn't a problem with a lot of republicans, and the proof is that folks on BB would vote for Alan Keyes or Condi Rice. :laugh

That's like saying "i can't be racist. Some of my best friends are Black". :laugh:

6. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

I'd like to think that one day you will go in maturity to realize just how immature that sounds.

Anyone I vote for has to be a certain type of candidate. That's why we go to the polls. If every candidate were just alike, just stick one of them in office and leave them there. When they get too old to serve, stick another one in the office.

I don't care if a candidate is purple (as long as he's still breathing) if that candidate supports the principles upon which this REPUBLIC was founded. The trend seems to be among liberals to use the "race card" at every opportunity to try to silence those who do NOT support this republic's rapid decent into one of the 'ism's -- take your pick.

I was born with a physical limitation. Every day I have to make a choice. Either I can use that limitation as an EXCUSE for every thing in my life that doesn't go the want I want it to go. (I have experienced discrimination based on it.) Or, I can get off my duff and try to do the best I can with the gifts that God did give me. The ones He expects me to use instead of whinning about what He didn't provide.

Thus, I have a strong distain for anyone with a similar limitation making excuses for failures based solely on that limitation. And an even stronger distain for others offering excuses, on my behalf, for the same reason.

7. billwald

billwald New Member

>Most of us would happily vote for Condoleeza Rice or Alan Keyes.

That would be the ultimate "front office" appointment to "prove" non-discrimination.

8. Winman

Winman Active Member

Yeah, this thread is a joke, when the Republicans were first running for President I supported Herman Cain until he dropped out of the race.

I voted for Alan Keyes back in the '90s.

It is the Democrats who use racism.

9. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Isn't that the truth.

I was a Herman Cain supporter as well and was saddened to see him drop out. I also was a HUGE Condeleeza Rice fan and still am. In 2000, when the nation first met Ms. Rice, I naively thought that the Republican Party was grooming her to be president in 2008. And I will always believe that they were until she strongly stated publicly that she would not be running.

I really like Allen West, too. Whenever I see him on the news, I always make it a point to stop and see what he has to say.

Zaac, you just don't know how silly your comments sound from this side of the aisle.

You assert white Republicans who are grossly disgruntled with failures of President Obama are secretly racists and that our support of other African American politicians only make us MORE racist?

Do you see how that makes absolutely no sense?

I'm not allowed to say that I don't like President Obama's governing, but I do like other African American politicians? That's like saying "some of my best friends are black"???

You make us weary, Zaac. Awfully weary.

10. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Of course I will only vote for a certain type of candidate: one whose platform is acceptable to me. Race has no bearing in my decision.

Tack on as many ":laugh:"s as you like, but it is still apparent that you mean to be insulting to people here who do not agree with your politics.

11. billwald

billwald New Member

Party platforms are a joke. Don't pay them any mind.

12. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

Isn't that the same thing satan tells his unsaved when Christians share the scriptures with them?

:BangHead: