1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Collecting e-mail addresses from my website

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by Brian30755, Jan 22, 2006.

1. Brian30755

Brian30755 New Member

I know this may be a very basic question for those with website design experience, but I'd greatly appreciate your help.

Suppose I have a website (which I do, www.JustWitness.com ), and I want to offer visitors to my site a way to subscribe to a newsletter.

I'd like to have a box where guests can enter their e-mail address if they would like to subscribe.

Can someone give me a general idea of how this is done? And once someone enters their e-mail address, where does it go? Can it be e-mailed to me, or do I have to set up some sort of database to collect the e-mail addresses?

I'd appreciate any help I can get with this, or if you could just advise me where to go to learn how to do this I would be grateful.

I use Microsoft FrontPage 2002.

Thanks,

Brian

2. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you don't find out, you could just put a tab and use mailto:(your email addy) and it would open their email program and they would be done.

I'd look around the help file, I'd think with front page they could set that up for you.

3. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    e-mail to you is the simplest, using what exscentric provided.

If you want a form, then you have to set up a script. There's lots of them already available; do a search for scripts and newsletter.

4. standingfirminChrist

Dynamic Drive is a great site for html scripts. you can find forms there.

5. sovgrace79

sovgrace79 New Member

Have you looked at Constant Contact? They have done all the work to get newsletters easily published, as well as handling sign-ups, and providing an easy way for people to opt out.

http://www.constantcontact.com

They are free if you have under 50 subscribers, and their pricing isn't too bad if you have more than that.

6. Brian30755

Brian30755 New Member

Thanks for the help guys.