1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

College basketball

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by EdSutton, Jan 17, 2007.

1. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Whodathunk three months ago that the best record among Division I basketball, as of today, would be shared by Clemson and Wisconsin?

Ed

2. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

That is sure true. I would not have guessed it.

I have been pretty happy so far with IU's first season under Kelvin Sampson. He has them playing some really good basketball and has already made a big splash in recruiting by signing the top player in the state who was supposed to go to Illinios.

Of course we lost to KY this year, and that is always frustrating. KY looks as if they have rebounded nicely from their down year last year.

Should be a fun few months of college basketball.

3. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Tennessee is frustrating me. Vandy and Ohio State would've both been wins with just one more free throw here or there (OSU game refereeing not withstanding). But I love their effort and intensity. I just hope the malaise that cost Buzz Peterson his job (Not finishing games) doesn't catch this team like it has over the last week. GO VOLS!

Which reminds me: conferences need to not apologize when refs blow calls. What good does it do? The game is over, and no one gets the win or loss back. We all know the Ohio State player stepped out of bounds. We all saw it on TV. We're not going back and replaying the game, so let's move on.

Now, back to the topic...yes, it's going to be a wild ride! The SEC is going to be a wild conference, OSU and Wisconsin are going to duke it out late in March, and kudos to Clemson for making the ACC something other than a UNC/Duke affair.

4. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Big win today for Indiana on the road at UConn.

5. Nicholas25

Nicholas25 New Member

The SEC is tough! I remember when the SEC was known strictly for football; but those days are long gone..

6. TomVols

TomVols New Member

SEC road wins are few this year. Seems like everyone is holding serve at home. Well, except for Kentucky against Vandy over the weekend.

7. AF Guy N Paradise

AF Guy N Paradise Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did you have to mention that game?

8. AF Guy N Paradise

AF Guy N Paradise Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let us hope that Kentucky is placed in the South Regional since I have tickets!

9. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Sorry...especially since we could be limping into Rupp this Saturday, I should've kept my mouth shut :praying:

10. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

I note that it is still Wisconsin, and Oregon has now climbed into #2, with the W/L records. The "Race to Atlanta" is on, folks, and the 'upsets' are going to continue to abound, IMO, witness the last two weeks. There is no one team that stands "head and shoulders" above all the others, as I see it. However until someone really demonstrates that they can knock off UCLA or FLA, convincingly, I'd day they are still the teams to beat.

Ed

#10 EdSutton, Jan 23, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2007