1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

College of Biblical Studies

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Sly Fox, Oct 6, 2007.

1. Sly Fox

Sly Fox New Member

Anybody have any thoughts on America's largest predominantly minority Bible College?

The new president Jay Quine just arrived in Houston from DTS. I realize that brings its own debate. I have some connections to the school and I'm curious to hear from the board's "scholars".

2. PatsFan

PatsFan New Member

Do you have a link for us?

3. PatsFan

PatsFan New Member

4. PatsFan

PatsFan New Member

I didn't find any classes in Greek in the catalog. If that's the case, I'd see that as a flaw.

5. Sly Fox

Sly Fox New Member

While technically they are a non-denominational Bible college, in reality they are Baptist at their core. They have a campus inside Ed Young Sr.'s church and a strong representation of Baptists in faculty and student body. It is located in Texas, for crying out loud.

6. Humblesmith

Humblesmith Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've lived in Houston for many years, and known a few of the folks that have taught there, and a few that have taken classes. For what they're trying to do, they do a pretty good job.

Their original goal was to provide bible college education to inner-city pastors and teachers who wouldn't otherwise have an opportunity to get an education. From there, they've grown over the years, and now offer a decent amount of classes. They also give building space to DTS faculty who offer seminary-level classes at their campus. From what I've seen from them, I can recommend them.