1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

College students! let's talk!

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by TJAcorn, Dec 9, 2001.

1. Brother Adam

Brother Adam New Member

Welcome aboard! Glad to have you here at the Baptist Board. Have you ever been to Dallas Theological down there? That is where I want to go to seminary. How is the weather this time of year? I live WAY up north and we have yet to see any snow :(

Talk to you later!

UNP
    Adam

2. Grace

Grace New Member

I think I'm going to manage to cram 4 years of college into 5 :D This semester I'm taking psycology, biology, special education, and other stuff. It will be tough, but I've finally got my head on straight. Aside from the fact that my psyc teacher is definitely very strange, this looks to be a promising semester.

3. TJAcorn

TJAcorn New Member

Hey folks,
    Hope you all are back and ready to hit those books again! I start Monday, how about the rest of you? I just nailed down my classes and schedule for sure. What classes are you all taking this semester?
    I've got
    Calc3
    Statics
    Engineering Phys2
    English Lit 1800-Present
    That's it. Hope you all had a great break.

Trevor

4. Brother Adam

Brother Adam New Member

Your schedule puts me to shame! [​IMG] Of course i'm waiting to go to Moody so there is only slim pickings left as far as what will transfer to Bible school at my community college. Anyways, im taking shakespeare, interpersonal communications, and bowling. (I'm going to school half time, working full time this semester).

UNP
    Adam

5. TJAcorn

TJAcorn New Member

Hey all - How are things going so far?

I am computerless for at least another week so I'm dependent on my roommates for my computer usage which usually means that I don't have much computer time. Which also means that I haven't been on this board very much lately. So that's my sob story.

I had to give a speech this morning in Lit class. It was on T.S.Eliot and it was such a success that everybody clapped when I was done - how cool is that! did you know that Eliot became a Christian while he was at the height of his career? From his new Christian worldview he produced some of his best poetry including "Four Quartets" which is considered his poetic masterpiece. He has some really interesting things to say about literary criticism too which I thought where beautifull.

Calc3 I am finding to be very easy - much easier than Calc 1&2. Statics is also very easy - just long and time consuming. Physics 2, however, is not so easy. In fact, it's hard. I mean, who needs electricity anyhow, right? it's such a waste of my time.

Right.

I love the shool life, so much freedom and always a good debate going on somewhere.

So tell me what's going on at your university, al'right?

Trevor

I got a new guitar for Christmas! It's a Guild - beautifull - cut-away, fishman electronics, cedar soundboard, gold tuners, non-reinforced back, and a smack amesome finish. mmmm.....

6. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

I agree with you. This thread sounds more like a chat room than a Baptist Board. I am very surprised at some of the questions AND answers...

7. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am blessed,

Why did you resurrect the thread, then?

8. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Oops! Sorry! I didn't look at the date. It was showing in the topics as I was viewing the board so I thought it was new.

I guess the mods of this forum can ignore my complaint. :eek:

9. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

Okay,

I believe I have the thread cleaned up and I see no reason why it should not continue.:saint: Just do not return to the discussions that I had to edit out due to an inappropriate question from the OP.:tonofbricks:

Yours in Christ,

Bible-boy,
    Forum Moderator