1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Colleges/Universities/Seminaries that Chose To...

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by TCGreek, Sep 27, 2007.

1. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

Colleges/Universities/Seminaries that chose to remain unaccredited for whatever reason (s), maybe to keep the government out of Christian education, could they be accredited, whether Nationally or Regionally, if they then decided to seek such?

2. mjohnson7

mjohnson7 Member

I think there are a few that could. Greenville Presbyterian Theological Seminary comes to mind. Also, there are a few independent Baptist seminaries that could: Detroit Baptist Seminary, Central Baptist in Minneapolis.

Did I understand your question correctly?

3. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

I checked out that Greenville Seminary and I am impress with its approach though unaccredited. It attracts the likes of Jay E. Adams and George Macknight.

4. mjohnson7

mjohnson7 Member

Re: Greenville Presbyterian Theological Seminary

Greenville Presbyterian Theological Seminary is also an approved seminary of the Presbyterian Church in America (not to be confused with the liberal PCUSA) for the ordination of ruling elders in the church.

It is most definetly not a mill.....which can't be said for most unaccredited schools. Their emphasis on the orginal languages and a freshman year of classical studies is impressive. However look at the number of hours you're taking for that MDiv.... around 120 if I remember correctly!! A graduate from Greenville earns their degree.

5. jshurley04

jshurley04 New Member

Accreditation

Unless things have changed, it is not the government that accredits any school of higher learning. It is generally an independent body that is not affiliated with any government that provides accreditation.