1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Color Giuliani Yellow

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Jul 27, 2007.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Looks like Giuliani has a big ol' yellow streak down his back.

"Plans for a CNN/YouTube debate for the GOP seemed to be falling apart Thursday after front-runner Rudy Giuliani said scheduling conflicts would keep him away from the planned Sept. 17 face-off, although an aide said discussions were continuing about a possible alternate date. Formal invitations went out Thursday."

- www.startribune.com/587/story/1327545.html

2. TomVols

TomVols New Member

What did y'all think of the YouTube debate for the Dems?

Maybe it's the format. Who knows. Maybe he's scared of facing Fred :)

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's more likely that Rudy "Chicken" Giuliani is afraid that Ron Paul will whip him once again.

I enjoyed the Democrat debate on Monday night. I think it was the most entertaining of any of the debates for either major party so far this year.

I also came away from it convinced that Senator Clinton will win the Democrat nomination and be sworn in as our next president on January 20, 2009.

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe Rudy "Chickenheart" Giuliani doesn't have time to debate because he is still working on reading the books that Congressman Paul gave him a list of back in May.

The books don't have pictures but are full of words so I guess it is taking Chickenheart longer than expected to read them.

5. Analgesic

Analgesic New Member

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

6. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

Rudy isn't the only GOP candidate who is skipping the CNN/YouTube debate. Only Sen. John McCain and Rep. Ron Paul have agreed to participate in the debate, co-hosted by the Republican Party of Florida in St. Petersburg.

"Aside from those two candidates, we haven't heard from anyone else," said Sam Feist of CNN, which is co-sponsoring the debate with the popular video-sharing site.

Romney said he's not a fan of the CNN/YouTube format. Referring to the video of a snowman asking the Democratic candidates about global warming, Romney quipped, "I think the presidency ought to be held at a higher level than having to answer questions from a snowman."

The Sept. 17 Republican debate was announced last Friday by YouTube, CNN and Florida Gov. Charlie Crist, who called Monday's Democratic showdown "the people's debate."

Patrick Ruffini, former eCampaign director at the Republican National Committee who served as online adviser to Giuliani for a few months earlier this year, said it would "very problematic" if the Republican candidates declined. "What's worse -- questions from the public, many of whom are supporters, or questions from the media, who many Republicans believe are biased? This is YouTube. That's not something they'd want to snub," Ruffini said.

Source: The Washington Post

We saw in the first debate the majority of the answers were nothing but scripted, rehearsed campaign speeches. In the second debate many of the candidates still gave the scripted responses, going as far as ignoring the question to discuss other issues. They did a better job getting the questions answered during the third debate, but they questions were still all coming from the media. I wonder why the GOP candidates are scared of answering questions submitted by the voters via YouTube?

Would CNN still hold the debate if it's only McCain and Paul? McCain's campaign has been dying, having a one on one debate with Ron Paul would be the nail in his campaigns coffin.

7. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Yeah, that's it :laugh: Reminds me of when Nutt said that they "played well" against USC :laugh:
    :laugh:

Dr. Paul could use some reading, too. I read a list someone suggested for him...contained the Constitution, the 9/11 cmte report, some Western History books, et.al., but I can't remember them all and can't find it. But we could all use some reading. Economics, history...just to start.

Like Ken, I thought the debate was entertaining, but I want debates to be informative. I don't care if they wear boxers or briefs or flew private jets or use Macs or PCs. I want real answers to real questions. Although I tend to think CNN will let some harder questions through the wicket when a bunch of GOP candidates are standing there. However, I'd like to see all the GOP guys there. Not just the two pygmies that have already accepted ;)

I'd like to see the candidates be able to ask each other questions. That was a good feature in one of the 2000 primary debates. Let Paul question Rudy directly. Let Paul get some questions directly back. Let Tancredo question all of 'em! Not this sterilized Anderson Cooper garbage.

8. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think you agree with me that anyone who thinks that Congressman Paul is not familiar with what the federal constitution contains is not to be taken seriously.

9. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Unfortunately, most of the current crop of GOP presidential candidates are more distant from the average American than are the current crop of Democrat candidates. A sad statement, but one that I think is accurate.

10. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I don't doubt anyone would question his familiarity. I have seen many question his willingness to consistently apply it.

Like you, I wish for a more Constitutional govt (which you already know). I think we're in the minority. Thus, I hate to think the Dems are more mainstream than the GOP. I think the GOP tends to be more along the lines of average voters, but that's just my opinion.

11. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If there is a current U.S. representative or U.S. senator who does so more consistently than Congressman Paul does, then I would appreciate you posting his/her name.

Thanks.

12. Analgesic

Analgesic New Member

Ken, whether or not another Congressman does so more than Ron Paul does is irrelevant to the question of whether Ron Paul is himself willing to be consistent in his own application.

13. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

Your right but it was a great try though.

14. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    True, and since Congressman Paul is more consistent in his fidelity to the federal constitution than any other currently serving representative the question is actually mute.

The only currently serving senator who can match Congressman Paul's fidelity to the federal constitution is Senator Tom Coburn of Oklahoma.

15. Analgesic

Analgesic New Member

It was, at that.

As for the second, I cannot say, but I certainly think that Ron Paul's willingness to be consistent in his constitutional interpretation is of a great deal of importance regardless of that of his comrades in congress.

16. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

What's with this Ken? (Rudy "Chicken" Giuliani) Is this lending credibility to your position as a RP promoter?

The man cited scheduling conflicts.