1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Colts

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by fbcodr, Dec 24, 2009.

1. fbcodr

fbcodr New Member

Well what are your thoughts about the Colts resting people. It's an on going debate now. If they rest the wrong ones to long they won't play well. If they don't some (including the quarterback) could get hurt and ruin their chances. What think you'all?:wavey:

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Play to win. If a team is not going to play to win, then they might as well go ahead and forfeit. That way they can make very sure that no one will get hurt.

3. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

What about the people who paid good money for tickets to watch Peyton Manning, Reggie Wayne, etc.? Play to win.

4. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Hasn't worked for them in the past. The NBA used to fine teams who did this and that stopped the practice for a time at least. The Colts will have a week off after the reg season is over. They can rest then. And injuries happen in practice, in pre-game warmups, and early in playoff games. They're part of the game. It's just not a good idea.

5. fbcodr

fbcodr New Member

I think you are all right. But I see the coach's point of being healthy and partly resting the ones who need the rest. We played Dwight Freeny and Robert Mathias only on 3rd downs a week ago. The other team scored more and more often also though. I especially agree about the getting injured in practice, pregames and ect... It's just that type of sport so playing to win is the best plan. If they're going out there worried about getting injured that's no good either. They have to go out and give it their best!!!:thumbs:

6. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

It was a mistake. They had a chance to do something special and they ripped off their fans and the entire NFL. I think it could backfire on them - the Chargers may be headed to the S.B.