1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Columbia International University

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Jamal5000, Jun 30, 2002.

1. Jamal5000

Jamal5000 New Member

This is where I will end up going to seminary probably next Summer/Fall after I finish up my Masters of Teaching starting this Fall.

I choose this place:

(1) because of it attracts denominations of all kinds and because I hope to gain a more ecumenical understanding of Christianity; I do not know much about these other denominations.

(2) because I need to stay in South Carolina close to my mother so that I can help her with my Alzheimer's stricken grandmother. It offers much more than any of the other seminaries (Luthern Seminary, Morris College, etc.) in the state--not counting BJU.

Has anyone else heard of this place? Here's a link to their website.

In Christ, Jamal5000 [​IMG]

[ June 30, 2002, 08:53 AM: Message edited by: Jamal5000 ]

2. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Yes, I'm fairly familiar with it. I have a catalog around here someplace. How far would you be from Southeastern Baptist Seminary near Raleigh? Maybe that's a bit too far away.
    How will you financially make it at Columbia?

3. Jamal5000

Jamal5000 New Member

Thank you for advice, TomV. [​IMG]

I live about 5 hours from Raleigh. I heard excellent things about Southeastern. Unfortunately, I need to stay down here in SC otherwise I would strongly consider going there.

I want to go CIU full-time and finish the degree in 3 years. I guess I will borrow the money, go on work-study, and find an inbetween job to bowl me over. I'd probably end up communting from about an hour away because I would save money staying at home. Blessedly, my mom and dad will help me through this because they can see that I really want to serve the Lord.

I would appreciate any input you have about supporting myself while going full-time to seminary. What do most people do.

[​IMG]

[ July 01, 2002, 10:09 AM: Message edited by: Jamal5000 ]

4. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Congrats! I have some friends who graduated from there One a pastor (M Div,ThD), and one a church musician (MM,EdD).

It a great place to go!