1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Come Ye Sinners ....

Discussion in 'Music Ministry' started by Scarlett O., Apr 6, 2011.

1. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Come, ye sinners, poor and needy, weak and wounded, sick and sore; Jesus ready stands to save you, full of pity, love and pow’r. Come, ye weary, heavy-laden, lost and ruined by the fall; if you tarry till you’re better, you will never come at all. I will arise and go to Jesus, He will embrace me in His arms; in the arms of my dear Savior, oh, there are ten thousand charms." (Joseph Hart - 1759)

Joseph Hart wrote a tract DENOUCING Christianity before he was saved. It was called "The Unreasonableness of Religion....". After he was saved, he wrote an entire hymnbook and became a preacher, dying with a congregation estimated in the tens of thousands.

(a beautiful rendition below with scenes from "Passion of the Christ")

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VRevkal-Sk

2. thegospelgeek

thegospelgeek New Member

love Todd Agnew's version of that song.

3. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

That is a beautiful rendition indeed and the only one that really captured me apart from the version Ortega did with Amy Grant a while back...the old one anyhow.