1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Comments By Chairman Greenspan

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Baptist in Richmond, Aug 28, 2005.

1. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

What do you think of these comments by Alan Greenspan? I found this article on the Drudge Report.

I was rather shocked to hear these comments coming from the Chairman of the Federal Reserve.

Out of curiousity, how are the real estate prices in your area? Prices here in the Commonwealth are going through the roof. A co-worker of mine sold her two-year-old home for a $100,000 profit....after only TWO years.

Amazing....

Regards,
    BiR

2. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mr. Greenspan is not God, so anything he says may not be considered infallible.
    BUT, he is an economist, is he not, and like a weather forecaster who may forecast snow and actually get sunshine, he has certain past experiences and empirical data that he may be basing his conclusions and/or forecast on.
    I think it is wise to listen to him, though with a little grain of salt.

3. One View

One View New Member

I agree, but when Greenspan talks people listen. If Greenspan frowns, the markets drop.

I too, am rather shocked by this. He's creating a self-fulfilling prophecy. Markets here have had a steady 10-15% annual gain.

4. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

How about this remark?

SOURCE

A plug for the FTAA and more "free trade"?

I figure it's way past time we give the boot to the fed and the honorable congressman from Texas agrees with me.

SOURCE