1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Common Ground Coffee House #108

Discussion in '2008 Archive' started by I Am Blessed 24, Apr 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TLB

TLB New Member

Ok, I am up. Not real happy about it but, I am up. Where is the grumpy face when you need him?

My kitty MiMi had to go to the vet yesterday. She ended up going in to be cut open from one end to the other. The vet had to remove 5 inches of her intestins (sp?). She is on an iv for fluids and meds. *I just got off the phone with the vet's office, MiMi is doing well. She had gone potty ok, the lady said she doesn't look like she feels great but, she is doing well. LOL...I wouldn't be feeling well if someone had cut me open from under my chin to my bottom either!!!!!!

I have Amie doing laundry, kid labor is great isn't it? When I wake up a bit I will be going to the church. Jeremy said I am to have the day to myself, no kids going with me! Cindi tell Jenna I'm sorry that Amie will not be there, daddy's orders ;o)

I'm going to get my day started, I think....
    Tanya

2. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Good morning all,

It will be another hot day. It's 73º already, heading for 85º, but the storms should be moving in before noon and it is going to rain every day through Saturday!

I slept in until 6:00, fixed breakfast, fed the fish, took Brent to school, worked my corner, and am now back home and am going to try and put the paneling up on the walls by myself. I'm not sure how far I'll get, but I'm sure gonna try.

Bob can't get back down here to finish it for at least 3 weeks now(another schedule conflict) and I'm getting more bruises bumping into, and tripping over, all the 4x8 sheets of paneling laying on my dining room floor than if I would put it up myself. It doesn't leave much room for walking...

I was so excited thinking of having 3 of my kids here for Mother's Day for the first time in years. Oh well, maybe next year. :tear:

I'm truly grateful that I will have my 2 daughters here. We are all going out to dinner after church - unless something changes again...

Got to get my carpenter's apron, mask, and safety goggles on and hook up the circular saw. No time to waste, as I have to work this afternoon, pick Brent up from school, and get to a doctor's appointment.

Have a good day all!

3. Friend of God

Friend of God Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sue you are turning into a real "Toolbelt Diva!" Good thing the kids took your ladder away from you, or who knows what you'd do.

Please be Careful!! I have it on good authority that 60-something IFBs tend to break and bruise easily. Not to mention "hitting the wrong nail" on a frequent basis. It could be a good witness though. What does a IFB say when they "hit the wrong nail?" Answer: OUCH!!!!!

Let me guess, you're going to surprise Pastor Bob by getting most of it done. YOU GO GIRL!!!

4. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

Okay now! :( I'm not going to cook if I have to clean up and turn off the lights too.

The food's gone so I know folks have been and the only one with an excuse is Sue. She's been working hard today. :) She better not have worked too hard today. :( How's it coming Sue?

I've been sewing all day and now I'm tired and headed to bed. This kitchen had better be clean when I get here in the morning.............

5. I Am Blessed 24

Good morning all,

Cindi: Keep up the good work on the cooking. I came in early this morning and cleaned up for you. I was too tired last night and still had to stay up and pick splinters out of my hands from the paneling.

I am having to use a hand saw instead of a circular saw because I'm only cutting off an inch on each panel and the last time I cut something that small I ended up with 16 stitches in my hand when the circular saw slipped...

I am stiff and sore this morning and when all of this is finished, I want a PINK tool kit all my own!!! Granny Power!

Another busy day today. Sorry I can't help with breakfast. Maybe Rob will give you a hand.

Take care all and I'll drop by when I can.

#45 I Am Blessed 24, May 2, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2007
  6. menageriekeeper

Hey now, Sue wasn't supposed to clean up. I've a good mind to cook just enough to give her a good hearty breakfast and let the rest of you eat cold cereal out of syrofoam bowls!

Then again, if I'm going to have to cook............

Sausage and bisquits, gravy and hashbrowns are ready for everyone to serve themselves. If you look in the back you'll find some fried apple pies under a cloth.

That should serve to give Sue a good start this morning. Oh and there is a bottle of Advil on top of the fridge, it'll help with the soreness.

Ya'll better pick up after yourselves today and get Rob to cook lunch. I've got to take Chris all the way to B'ham to the doc. While you are eating and cleaning, pray that this doc will have some ideas on how to get Chris better.

Gotta go find Jenna some sinus meds. I hate allergy season!

7. Barnabas H.

Barnabas H. <b>Oldtimer</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    So the kitchen is clean, ready for cooking. Ladies, can I have scrambled eggs with sausages, biscuits and hash-brown? And please make that coffee decaf with just a touch of Sweet & Low and plenty of fat-free milk. Thank you so much! :applause: :type:

8. menageriekeeper

Here you go Barnabas:

[​IMG]

Just make sure you stick your dishes into the dishwasher!

9. Friend of God

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good Morning Everybody,

It is 56 and foggy here this morning, headed for a high of 64.

I had to take my Mother-in-Law to the hospital for a back X-Ray this morning. She had a 12-hour fast for the X-Ray so when she got done she was starved. I took her to Denny's for breakfast. No, Nobody heard the trumpet of God, and the world didn't end just because I went to Denny's. I do feel like the V8 commercial on TV though....Wow!!, I cudda had a MK! (breakfast-that is.)

All kidding aside, I really hope the GI doc can help Chris, and that you have a safe, and peaceful drive to Birmingham.

I will bring in lunch, but it won't be as good as MK's breakfast. I'm just warning you in advance. I brought in Sweet Island Ribs, Banana-Pepper Slaw, Lemon-Herb Grilled Potato Slices, Ranch-Style Beans, and Lime Icebox Pie Cake for dessert. I also brought in paper plates to eat on. When you get done...just put them in the fireplace, I'll "do the dishes" later.

Glad to hear the "Toolbox Diva" that we know as Sue got her work done yesterday without any mishaps. Don't ever tell a Woman she can't do something...or at least have the courtesy to step back when you say it.

Not much going on here today.

10. TLB

TLB New Member

thank you Cindi for cooking...the pic of the eggs was not called for! The thought of food is ok, the smell of food & the sight of food is more than I can take this am.

My mother, who doesn't like kids & doesn't offer to help often, has said the older 4 can spend the night with her tonight. Todd (3) & Kacy (2) have to go to the doctor in the am...then I have to go to my doctor (b/p related..not ob) right after....while this "help" sounds wonderful....do I take the chance that Anna (5) may leak our "news" to my parents??? Will the benifit out weight the risk????

My parents are more pleased by "things" not "people". We didn't tell them we were expecting Kacy until 3 weeks before she was born. That was a great pregnancy. :) This time I don't think I will get by with putting it off that long as my mother doesn't have anything to distract her.....hummmmm.......

Well, I am off to start my day...have a good one!
    Tanya

11. menageriekeeper

Rob, you are hereby re-elevated to head cook. If you should choose not to accept this assignment, the Coffee House crowd may well starve for the next couple of days.

The stomach doc said Chris had to have an Uppper ....scope. I can't remember the exact name, but it means they are going to have to take a look at his upper digestive track (esphogus, stomach and the beginning of the small intestine, especially the valve between the last two). We have to be at Children's at 7 Friday morning. Somehow I failed to communicate the at least hour and a quarter drive we have to make to get there. We'll have to get up by 4:30! :eek: Oh well, if we get some answers it will be worth it.

My inlaws have my daughters and they are not here! I'm supposed to be at choir practice in 30 minutes.......

12. Friend of God

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I hereby accept the re-appointment as the co-cook of the CGCH, On One Condition: that MK is also a co-cook.

Chris is probably scheduled for an "upper GI." I would have box lunches made for you two, but I know he can't have anything before the exam, and MK will no doubt not be able to swallow anything until Chris' test is finished. You are both in my prayers for travelling mercies, and for a quick and definitive answer to Chris' digestive problems. Hopefully this test will show the docs what they need to know to help Chris.

Talk about being "under the gun." It's not easy to follow MK as a cook. If you don't believe me just look at her meals for the last two days. SHEEESH!!

All kidding aside: Please know that I can be serious, and I am now. Cindi, you and Chris are both being held up in prayer. I don't joke about important things, and nothing is more important than the health of you and your family. :praying: :praying:

13. palagislandgirl

palagislandgirl New Member

Hey all,
    Looks like I am the last one here tonight. It's a good thing that ya'll cleaned up after yourselves. I am in too much pain to clean! Cindi: You and Chris are in my prayers. I am kind of bummed out-I missed Rob's good lunch! I had better go the pain meds are kicking in so I hopefully can get some sleep.
    :godisgood:

14. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

It must finally be Autumn....my throat is made up of razor blades and my tongue had glass specks in it......in short a hi from a miserable confrere who is not working tonight............:tonofbricks:

15. I Am Blessed 24

Good morning all,

Cindi: I will be praying for you and Chris.

Rob: Thanks for doing the cooking in my absence, although Cindi was getting a good amount of 'practice' in...

Briony: Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Is it allergies? Have you had any rain yet?

Barnabas: You never ate breakfast here when I was doing the cooking! Harumph!

islandgirl: Hope you're pain medications give you some relief.

Tanya: That is sad. I cannot imagine a Grandma not liking kids.

Well, after two days of measuring, cutting, and hanging, I've only gotten 5 sheets of paneling up. I have to keep sitting down and resting in between. Brent helps when he gets home from school, but by then I'm almost too tired to do anything.

The paneling is laying on the floor of the dining room and the saw horses are on the sun porch. Carrying them back and forth by myself is not much fun, but it's raining outside, so this is the only way to do it.

We have our 'construction boo boo's' to wear proudly. Brent got cut once with the hand saw and so did I. No biggies that require stitches though. I've only hit my thumb once so far, with the hammer, and I'm sure all the neighbors heard my phrase for occasions such as this - a very loud Praise the Lord!

I'm going to take Brent to school and I may come back and plop on the couch for a bit. I'm right at the stage when I'm asking myself, "Why did I ever start this project?".

I have an appointment with Pastor at 4:00 this afternoon and then I have to fast starting at 8:00 tonight so I can have bloodwork done in the morning. My doctor put me on Effexor when I went for my check up Tuesday. I sure hope it works and has no bad side effects.

Y'all have a great day! I'll try to pop back in this evening.

16. Friend of God

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good Morning Everybody,

It is 45 and sunny, headed for a high of 67.

Praying that MK and Chris made it to the doctor, and that relief is on the way so Chris can get off Cindi's mind, and back on her nerves.

I brought in Sausage Scramble, Oven Breakfast Hash, and Filled Apple Breakfast Cake. Coffee, Tea, and Smoothies are ready for all. Enjoy.

Hope the Effexor helps Sue. It is easier to light a candle than it is to sit and curse the darkness. This is my therapist's favorite saying...and it's true.

Have to go grocery shopping today. Always a thrill, of course some people say that about being hit by a truck is a thrill too.

#56 Friend of God, May 3, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2007
  17. PJ

PJ Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sue, you're working way too hard! Then again, imagine the rewards when the job is done! [​IMG]

Cindi, praying for you and Chris today. Is Chris scheduled for an endoscope?

Rob, thanks so much for breakfast! How is Brenda feeling these days?

Briony, I hope you feel better soon!

islandgirl, I hope your pain is better today than yesterday.

Tanya, are you feeling okay? Are you having much morning sickness?

Barnabas, Jim, Gayla, Helen, followinghim ... how goes things in your neck of the woods?

- Pam

18. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Mornin' everyone! Sorry I haven't been here in a few - I've had very busy mornings and then the day gets away - ya know? Well, today I'm HOME - atleast until I go riding this afternoon.

I'll be praying for all who need it. Fortunately, other than Bob having his asthma kicking into full gear (between allergies and working on the church addition, his lungs are shot), we're all healthy. It's already 63 degrees at 10:30 AM so it should end up being a gorgeous day - and the 5 day forecast looks awesome!

Have a wonderful day everyone!!

19. menageriekeeper

Yes, the procedure is call and EGD and is scheduled for tomorrow.

Today I have to go keep the shop for my friend while she carries elderly members of her family to the doc.

Thank you all for your continued prayers. We are going to need them.

A bit of good news is that Chris felt like going to school today! Yay!

20. Karen

Karen Active Member

:laugh: How I know OK isn't really in the South! None of us carry our family members anywhere!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.