1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Common Ground Coffee House #111

Discussion in '2008 Archive' started by I Am Blessed 24, Nov 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Yep - she stopped all milk products on ..... umm .... Friday I think?? She still had the runs yesterday and today. :(

SOOO - we had an exciting dinner tonight! Made wine-braised Italian sausages - put the hot pasta in the bowl, poured over the Italian sausage and sauce, went to stir it and the BOWL EXPLODED!!!! Glass everywhere! This was a bowl I've used for stuff like this for atleast 10 years - it's oven proof and everything! I got it from Williams-Sonoma and never had any issues with it. But "KABLAM" it's gone. Here are some pics:

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e110/annsni/bowl4.jpg
    http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e110/annsni/?action=view&current=bowl3.jpg

Scary stuff! Atleast I didn't get hurt and I think we got it all cleaned up (it flew over 8 feet away!). So we had canned soup for dinner. :( I was counting on those leftovers too! SIGH

I'm still shaking from it too! LOL!

2. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

Eew! What a mess! You must not have been around a few weeks ago when I had a 9 x 13 Pyrex pan break in half in my hand as I was taking a pan of lasagna out of the oven. Same sort of mess 'cept yours is worse cause I only had two pieces of glass.

I'm of the opinion that glassware just isn't made as well as it used to be. I know my mother is still using (or was a year or so ago) the same glass pan she used when I was a kid for making baked beans or lasagna in. That one has to be at least, well, I'm 43 and I know I made sheet cakes in it when I was 10 or 12, so that makes it at least 30 years old. My glass pan was probably only 18 years old or so. :mad:

I have had a glass bowl to shatter like that, but seems like it was hot out of the oven or microwave and one of the kids turned a cold faucet on it. The sudden change in temp made it go kerpop! That doesn't sound like what happened to you though.

So, what's for dinner now? I'd share my pork loin, fried okra and baked taters with you, but it'd be cold (and maybe green) by the time you got here. ;)

So aggravating! I'll fess up and tell you that I ordered pizza the night my pan broke.

Oh and poor Nicole, I almost forgot about her. BRAT is what we use (over and over and over here lately). Bananas, rice, applesauce and toast. We've had some doozies around here. Jenna got one that earned her a weekend in the hospital a couple of years ago while they tried to figure out if it was a virus or appendicitus! This past year, we've averaged one stomach virus about every six or eight weeks. Had one that got everyone but T, just this last week. :rolleyes: I keep telling the kids that eventually we'll build up our immunity and to STAY AWAY FROM WATER FOUNTAINS!

#82 menageriekeeper, Nov 18, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2007
  3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

MK - Wow! We ended up having canned soup to go with the salad and Italian bread. It wasn't bad but certainly not a yummy dinner! I just sent off an e-mail to Williams-Sonoma and we'll see what they say. I could so use that bowl for Thanksgiving - oh well!

Nicole is using the BRAT diet as best she can. She ate some applesauce today, had toast for lunch, and just had a banana. She also had some chicken soup for dinner. Her gallbladder was actually a little sensitive so we need to watch out for that - doctor said if she's not better by tomorrow or Tuesday to bring her back and he'll do some bloodwork on her. Oh, these kids are so great! LOL! They certainly keep us hopping, huh? What would our lives be like without them? Lonely and void of excitement. LOL!

4. menageriekeeper

Yep, my three little ones and my big one are currently holding a towel snapping fight behind me. :laugh: I think the biggest one is winning by default.

Uh Oh, T suffered some 'natural consequences'. Since I wasn't participating in his one sided towel fight, he decided to aim a karate kick toward my head (something I generally ignore). Tonight's attempt earned him a nice sharp pain in his leg muscles (yes all of them). :laugh: T spent yesterday moving 30 lb cement retaining wall block from the pallet into the wall they are building at his dad's house. He's been way too sore today to be starting trouble with me! :laugh:

5. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Yikes! I think these guys think they're kids! I hope he feels better soon!

I have friends who are 3 brothers. When they were teens, they'd lock themselves in the basement - in just boxers. They had wet bandanas and did the "snapping" thing to each other. The first one to run to mom and dad lost. ROTFL!! They said they'd have absolute WELTS on them and not give in!

6. menageriekeeper

No welts allowed at our house, especially on Dad! :laugh:

I have to fess up though, I've snapped a few towels in my day. I perfer, though, to sneak up behind them and poke them in the ribs. I have the most ticklish family in the universe. :laugh:

Chris' new thing is to hide around a corner in wait for his sisters and then jump out and screech. he screeches like a girl. You'd think the girls would learn to expect it. LOL! So far, they haven't and at least twice a day I hear screech, scream and the thundering of feet as whichever sister he has attacked tries to chase him down for some well earned revenge. Good thing Chris is fast and has good reflexes! :laugh: Crazy kids.

Of course, if I try to put an end to such nonsense, the girls do an about face and protect him. "Oh Mom, we were just plaaaayyyinnnngggg..." :rolleyes: Kids!

7. Friend of God

Friend of God Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good Morning Everybody,

HOLY COW!! I've heard of flying saucers, but not pans. You both were very lucky you wern't hurt.

My Cuz has been saying for years that the reason she doesn't like to cook is because she's afraid somebody'll get hurt, and the poor girl gets criticized and ridiculed for being safety concious.

Why do I bother to watch WWE when all I have to do is get a ring-side seat at Cindi's or Ann's? Counter-punching with Karate kicks in the kitchen. Now that's a video to go to Top Chef or America's Funniest Home Videos. Who says cooks aren't dangerous??

I brought in Chili-Cheese Omelettes, Banana-Bran Bread, Bacon, Sausage, and Home Fries. Enjoy.

Have to go in to the store to pick up some last minute items for Thanksgiving.

8. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Good morning all,

I'm doing my Thanksgiving shopping this afternoon (when I'm full). I can hardly believe that I've waited this long. There are only going to be four of us, so I'm cutting down on the amounts and number of different dishes this year.

The kids at the Christian school are hosting a Thanksgiving dinner for the 'Senior Saints' today, so I should get a free lunch. Each child is bringing something. Of course, since I am raising Brent, I have to make something for him to bring!

I guess the old saying is true: There's no such thing as a 'free lunch'. :laugh:

MK: Your pictures look like the time my pressure cooker exploded and flung green beans all over the walls and ceiling in the kitchen (exept no glass). :BangHead:

Ann: I make my Lasagna in the microwave. It's delicious and so much easier!!!

Well, time to hop in the shower and get myself all fixed up. Wouldn't want to embarrass Brent. :saint:

HAGD!

9. palagislandgirl

palagislandgirl New Member

Good evening all,
    Not much going on tonight. I need to get some work done for my job but I am procrastinating. I am trying to stay awake and it's not working real well...:sleeping_2:! I am going to get out of here and get my work done so I can go to bed. I only have one kid tonight youngest nephew has decided to camp out here until further notice. He is pretty good about going to bed by himself. Y'all have a good day!
    :godisgood:

10. menageriekeeper

Good Evening Everyone!

Guess what I have? :D

Give you a hint. I now have as many ________ as TLB has kids (including the one on it's way).

I'll post pics as soon as I get them off the camera.

Tanya, check your pms.

#90 menageriekeeper, Nov 20, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2007
  11. TLB

TLB New Member

:laugh: and i have one less _________ than cindi has kids:laugh:

12. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I'll most probably be even more scarce in the next few days than I have been in the past few days. We have the 2 Chinese graduate students coming tomorrow night - AFTER I finish cleaning this dump, putting together the Thanksgiving Eve service, and make a snack for tomorrow night. They'll be here until Friday morning around 10. Pray that we can minister to these girls (most of these Chinese are not Christians and some of those who have "raised their hand", have done so to be more like the Americans. This might be a nice time to be able to have some time to talk and answer their many questions. :)

13. palagislandgirl

palagislandgirl New Member

Evening all,
    I got the majority of the Thanksgiving day shopping done-I forgot a couple of things but it shouldn't take more than 10 minutes to finish up the shopping. Everyone in our county was at Wal-Mart. They shouldn't have trouble meeting payroll. Well, I need to go, mom isn't feeling really well after her MRI's she had done so she has probably gone to bed for the night. The nephew went home so I am doing what house cleaning I can get done in the next hour then I am going to hit the sack myself. Y'all have a good day!
    :godisgood:

14. Gayla

Gayla New Member

Hi:wavey: ,

Tomorrow (actually today) is treatment day. I haven't called to find out the latest Tumor-Marker, guess I'll ask while at the hospital.

I'm so tired of this chemo stuff . . .:sleeping_2:

15. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Grabbing a quick cup of coffee and running. I still have a lot to do.

Have a happy Thanksgiving everyone! May your turkey be moist, your mashed potatoes and gravy not lumpy and your fellowship lovely. :D

16. menageriekeeper

Good Morning Everyone!

I think we've finally hit a slow down in our week. We needed it. I slept past 8 o'clock for the first time in ages. T and I have our internal clocks set a little too well I think. Even....

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k89/crhmadeit/Boots1.jpg

....and....

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k89/crhmadeit/Sally1.jpg

....didn't wake us up. Such good little things, though they certainly add a good 20 minutes to the morning routine.

I have finalized (I think) our menu for tomorrow. We'll be having turkey, chicken and dressing, garlic mashed potatos, shells and cheese, green beans, corn on the cob, brocolli, sliced tomato, deviled eggs (yuck), pumpkin pie and pecan pie along with all the trimmings. Maybe this year I'll be able to keep the food volume down to a level that will not feed the entire neighborhood. ;)

I need to bake the cornbread and start some bread dough and some cookie dough. Jenna wants chocolate chip cookies and I found a recipe for Russian tea cakes thta I want to try. Sometime today, my crew wants to go fishing at my Dad's, if we can get ahold of them.

Wait! Didn't I say we had reached a slowdown? Maybe I was mistaken.....

#96 menageriekeeper, Nov 21, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2007
  17. Friend of God

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Cuz: Your pups look so cute! Got 'em named yet?

Good Morning Everybody,

Not much going on here. Supposed to have 1"-2" of snow tonight and tomorrow.

Thought I'd better check in because I sure won't be around much tomorrow.

Your menu sounds great Cuz.

Gayla: Praying for you with your chemo treatments. How many more are you scheduled for?

Time to star getting my cooking ingredients together. Nothing worse than cooking and finding out you either don't have enough, or have run out of something.

Everybody have a safe Thanksgiving.

18. PJ

PJ Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hidee ho, ladies and gents! Wanted to wish each of you a HAPPY THANKSGIVING before I go awol for a week or so. Enjoy your families -- and make some great memories! :1_grouphug:

19. menageriekeeper

AAACCCKKK! Cuz, please tell me you haven't left your shopping til today! The stores will wild! :eek: I have to say though, when I went yesterday Walmart was in a lot better shape than it had been over the weekend. You could actually walk the aisles without having to push people out of your way because they are standing there yakking with folks they haven't seen since last Thanksgiving! :laugh:

Still I have to back. I forgot the coffee and something else. Sally (the white and black puppy) has food issues and won't share the food bowl with Boots (the brown puppy) so I need to pick up another food bowl. I need to hit up Food World cause I need black walnut extract for the tea cakes and Walmart didn't have it. So that'll make for going to two stores. :rolleyes: At least I won't have to be out for long.

The pups got named on the way home! Boots was the hardest cause she is very laid back and very brown. Sally on the other hand is a pip! She moves almost constantly! Poor Boots doesn't get a choice when it comes to wrestling, Sally just jumps on her head. Boots had rather just lay up on someone and sleep.

PJ, have fun!

Gayla, somehow having a treatment the day before Thanksgiving just doesn't seem fair. I'll be praying your numbers are down and you can dispense with chemo soon!

#99 menageriekeeper, Nov 21, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2007
  20. Friend of God

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No way Cuz. My shoppings been done for quite awhile. I just had some small extras [like spices,stc] to get.

What took the longest time is the prep. I have everything I'll need to use all measured and set to go. All I have to do is cook.

All the counters are covered with ingredients in premeasured containers. This way I don't have to use time chopping, slicing, dicing, etc.

This way I can actually enjoy some of tomorrow instead of being a kitchen-rat all day.

Enjoy your day and count your blessings with your family and friends.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.