1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Common Ground Coffee House #112

Discussion in '2008 Archive' started by I Am Blessed 24, Feb 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brother Shane

Brother Shane New Member

It is time to go prepare for bed now. Sleep good tonight, y'all. Kacie and I are going shopping for her a blouse (oh fun!) for her skirt she made today. She made a jumper the other day and is wearing it to Church tomorrow night, but her silky hot pink, ruffled-edge skirt Sunday morning with a new blouse (she wants white). I must get my sleep before standing on my feet waiting on her to pick what she wants. I dread it, I dread it, I dread it! Goodnight! :)

2. Friend of God

Friend of God Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good Evening Everybody,

Caydon has gone home with Mommy and Daddy, and Papa fixed Layered Meatball Bake, Roasted Garlic Twice-Baked Potatoes, and Candy Crunch Pudding Pie for dinner.

Everybody has eaten, the dishes are done, and it's time for bed, last night was a short and very noisy night.

3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Well, we put off the road test for 5 weeks. Lauren is just not ready. She was so nervous about taking it tomorrow that we figured it would be better to postpone than to let her fail and have to retake it anyway. So July 22nd is the day. She was SOOOO thrilled that we did that - so I'm glad. :)

4. Brother Shane

Brother Shane New Member

Good Morning! ;)

It is the best part of the day -- right now. Quite frankly, this is probably going to be the best part of my morning, lol. I am going to get Kacie here in about 30 minutes so we can go ahead to Wal-Mart to get our shopping over with. I ain't got much posting time, so I'll stop it here for now.

I am gonna go sit on the swing and talk to the Lord drinking my quart of da smooth bayou blend. We have so much to be thankful for. See y'all later.

Count Your Many Blessings

When upon life’s billows you are tempest tossed,
    When you are discouraged, thinking all is lost,
    Count your many blessings, name them one by one,
    And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done.

Refrain
    Count your blessings, name them one by one,
    Count your blessings, see what God hath done!
    Count your blessings, name them one by one,
    And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done.

Are you ever burdened with a load of care?
    Does the cross seem heavy you are called to bear?
    Count your many blessings, every doubt will fly,
    And you will keep singing as the days go by.

Refrain

When you look at others with their lands and gold,
    Think that Christ has promised you His wealth untold;
    Count your many blessings. Wealth can never buy
    Your reward in heaven, nor your home on high.

Refrain

So, amid the conflict whether great or small,
    Do not be disheartened, God is over all;
    Count your many blessings, angels will attend,
    Help and comfort give you to your journey’s end.

Refrain

#344 Brother Shane, Jun 18, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2008
  5. Brother Shane

Brother Shane New Member

Well, I just got off the phone with her and made a groundbreaking discovery: Fred's is not open this early! :laugh:

We were goin' to both Wal-Mart & Fred's, but to save gas, we'll go later. Now, looks like I can get over there to the battlegrounds up north and fight off some of those people that have a problem with 17-year-olds actually making a lil' sense. "Children are to be seen, not heard." Well you have another thing comin', Bubba.

But first, my coffee and swing! :thumbs:

6. Brother Shane

Brother Shane New Member

Good Morning, Sleepyheads!

[​IMG]

Alright y'all! I have a fresh pot of coffee made... time to get up! The sun is fully up and shining down on this beautiful earth.

Sue, did you sleep in...again? :laugh:

7. Brother Shane

Brother Shane New Member

Did it taste that bad? :laugh:

8. Friend of God

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good Afternoon Everybody,

Brenda and I went out to lunch today [after running some errands] and she told me that she wants to switch our letters to the church that we have been visiting. I told her that while I like what I have seen and heard, I would still like to "visit" a couple more times. I just have a real strong dislike of "jumping" into something. Okay, I admit it... I'M A MAN!! Okay I said it [even if I do cook like a girl.] I'd rather visit a little longer and be sure [or as sure as I can,] rather than jump into something that we'll regret.

My doctor has put me on 500mg. of Naproxen for the pain in my right shoulder. All x-rays have been negative, so the tentative diagnosis is either bursitis or tendonitis, or maybe arthritis.

Time to get dinner started, unfortunately it doesn't fix itself. Can't figure out why either. :laugh:

9. Brother Shane

Brother Shane New Member

..and I can not figure out why my clothes never take themselves to the laundry room from the bathroom floor... I mean, I give them PLENTY of time! :laugh:

Time for church... :wavey:

10. Brother Shane

Brother Shane New Member

It is very much time for bed. On the way home, I stopped by my great-grandparents house and after that, went to visit some other people across the street from them that are members at our church. Now, it is way passed my bedtime and have a big day tomorrow. It seems that all of this goin' shopping has been rescheduled for tomorrow morning -- again, without goin' to Freds. I know, I know, lol. Have a good night, y'all. P.S. - Gayla, sweet dreams dear. I'm thinking 'bout you. xo

11. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Good evening all! Well it was a good day for me today. It started out taking my almost 16 year old to go shopping for an outfit for a mime/drama that some of the youth are working on. She's to be the "model" kind of person - who condemns the main character and accusing her of being fat and ugly (yeah, nice role for my sweet daughter). What worried me was how to find a "model" kind of outfit without being immodest (she even needs to fall down so dresses would have not worked well). We went to a bunch of stores and finally found the ENTIRE outfit at one place! She looks SO cute although the shoes will be only for this (3.5" heels in purple - LOL). The rest of the outfit is a longer shirt/short dress that she's wearing over leggings (LOVE those leggings to cover up stuff) and she looks SO grown up (sniff). Add in chunky earrings, necklace and bracelet, she's perfect for the part. :D Now to pray that she doesn't break an ankle - LOL.

After that, I fixed up a new recipe for dinner (potato and blue cheese salad - HUGE hit), then went to church for our VBS meeting. Planned out our layout for the refreshment department in the new addition, then went to hit the grocery store on the way home but sat in the parking lot with HAIL coming down with lightning hitting all over. We raced home to find no power (was OK - dinner was all stovetop or in the fridge), which has happened a lot this last week (there was a waterspout in the harbor about a 1/2 mile from our house on Tuesday).

After dinner, DH and I had to run back to the store where I got DD's outfit because I left my credit card there (and will be watching the card - and letting them know about it too), then returned something at another store and had a nice time just to talk. :)

Came home, relaxed on the computer and am now going to head to bed. I'll catch you all tomorrow!

12. Brother Shane

Brother Shane New Member

Good morning! This is one of those "busy" mornings. I do not get them too often, but when I do.... grrrrrrrrrrrrr~ lol! :laugh:

I am about to head out the door to go get Kacie -- it is shopping time! Am I smiling? :tear:

Have a great day 'yall! :wavey:

13. Brother Shane

Brother Shane New Member

Howdy!

I've done answered all that I'm gonna answer for the afternoon and evening here, so I think I'll close the computer down and get ready for bed. This morning wore me slap out! It took the ladies in the fabric department of Wal-Mart 15 minutes to figure out how to use their scanner to scan the price of the fabric to print out a label and when they gave up they said, "Oh well- we will just enter the price in at the register". I smiled.

Have a good night sleep, y'all. See ya early. xo

14. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

[​IMG]

It's another beautiful day! 61º right now, heading for a high of 82º.

I'm washing bed clothes today instead of tomorrow because I like to line dry them and it may rain tomorrow. I also have some Asian Lilies (gift from daughter) to plant outside and a fence post to repair.

I'm off to work now.

HAGD!
    §ue

15. Brother Shane

Brother Shane New Member

Good afternoon! We have had wonderful summer showers today to cool things off! I think the weather is to turn severe later on, but these showers have knocked the heat off by 10-15 degrees!

I am about to go have a glass of sweet southern iced tea to go along with this wonderful afternoon...hope you enjoy yours.

16. Friend of God

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good Afternoon Everybody,

It is 78 degrees with no breeze at all here, thunderstorms are forecast for tonight and most of the weekend.

Went to the Doctor for a routine check-up today and they might have found something during a routine EKG. So, I'm scheduled for a stress test on Friday July 18, and an Echogram on Monday July 21. If it isn't one thing - it's another. :rolleyes: I told the doc I can't have anything wrong because I have to stay healthy to drive everybody else to the Doctor.

The Gkids go to my Son's tonight [and come back tomorrow night], so I made an executive decision that Brenda and I and our Daughter would go out for dinner tonight. I might have made the decision for us to all go out tonight, but the women are deciding where.

I once told Brenda that I was the head of the house. She said that was fine she'd be the neck...because it takes the neck to turn the head.

#356 Friend of God, Jun 20, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2008
  17. Brother Shane

Brother Shane New Member

It is time for bed! I put clean bed clothes on the bed today... oh I'm gonna sleep good~ Have a good night, y'all. See ya in the morning, Lord willing. [​IMG]

18. Brother Shane

Brother Shane New Member

Good morning! It is around 72º right now and misting rain. My bayou blend smells better than ever! The oldest cat jumped up on the window seal when I turned all the lights on this morning - so I let him in. He is now asleep on my chair over there. He must not have liked that mist on his purrrrrty coat of fur first thing in the morning, lol.

I sure have been thinking a lot about Gayla lately. Does anyone have an update?

I saw on the news last night high school girls formed a pregnancy pack -- and 17 of them got pregnant! Now, since everyone was hot to jump onto to backs of the FLDS bunch, why aren't they on the cases of these parents? They were all under the ages of 16. It amazes me how you hear NOTHING about this in a legal sense, but when mothers are actually going to take care of their children, such as in the FLDS case, you want to throw them all in foster care. I'm sure all 17 girls will be excellent mothers... together, right?

Time to get off here and get down to business. I turned the coffee pot on... better get it while it's hot.

19. Brother Shane

Brother Shane New Member

[​IMG]

Menageriekeeper!

May your day be filled with love and hapiness!

[​IMG]

20. Barnabas H.

Barnabas H. <b>Oldtimer</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good morning Shane! It was awful nice of you for turning the coffee pot on. But what are you doing up so early, before 5:00 AM? You should be sleeping with your cat. :) Be sure you have a nice day!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.