1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Common Ground Coffee House #112

Discussion in '2008 Archive' started by I Am Blessed 24, Feb 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brother Shane

Brother Shane New Member

"And that's the way...ugh-huh ugh-huh....Shane likes it.....ugh-huh ugh-huh." :D

Good morning to all of you! It is misty and dark here on the bayous this morning... after all, it is only 3:40 right now. I'll start to see the break of day 'round 5:45ish. The punks have been out riding the roads I hear....scanner is busy. One officer has already got a motorcycle and a four-wheeler within the 3 o'clock hour. From about 7-2, I am sleeping, so I don't know the rest, but I guess I caught the tail-end of a long Saturday night for the sheriff's office.

Well, I have talked about today all week, and now it is here! Kacie and I are gonna be so excited through church...we won't be able to sit still! We are gonna have so much fun today over in Monroe! I hope to bring back some "new" coffee...some I ain't never had. My cup of bayou blend + some other stuff sure tasted jazzy this morning. That first sip sat me straight up in bed, lol. Sho nuff...it was time to start the day!

"It keeps getting better
    His love is forever
    You can't make me doubt it
    I know too much about it
    It keeps getting better
    His love is forever" Amen.

"Bring me up to Heaven... I don't want to stay here"

~just a few words that I am hearing on the radio this morning... southern gospel music morn'~

2. Dan Todd

Dan Todd Active Member

Stopping in to say "HI"

Just a quick stop at the Coffee (I'm a tea drinker myself) House - to say that I'm still alive and taking nourishment.

As you may remember - I retired from my secular job with New York State in April 2007. In September 2007 - I returned to New York's employ as a seasonal construction inspector - I did this until just before Christmas last year.

In April of this year - I went to work for a consulting engineering firm - doing the same things I did with New York State.

I'm still preaching - I'm not sure how one retires from doing the Lord's work!!!

Last Sunday (6/22) - we celebrated my mother's 90th birthday. Her desire was to have all her children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren in church with her - her desire was met. Later we all went to lunch at a local restaurant that is normally closed on Sunday - but they opened up and served us in fine fashion. (If you are ever in Canisteo, NY - try "Big Papa's" - on Greenwood Street. Great food - good prices.

That's all for now - have a great Sunday - and a good week!

3. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

Good Morning Everyone!

Hey Dan! Sounds like you all had a great time! Tell you mother Happy Birthday for me!

Shane, you better sit still in church or some mama will aim her switch in your direction! :D

Cass got us all up in time for church this morning. Blackberry picking about wore me out yesterday! We found and picked wild plums while we were out there! Kids had a blast with those. There were dozens of plums lining each branch and not a bird peck or worm anywhere. All you had to do was run you hand along the branches and they fell right off.

I gotta get all of it put up today. Those blackberries won't last long. I got enough for a couple of cobblers and hopefully for a batch of jam. Nothing I like better than wild blackberry jam! The plums can hide out in the fridge until we've eaten as many as we want and the rest will make jelly. Probably sometime later this week.

TLB tells me she has 15 pounds of fresh peaches to put up as well! :eek: How'd everything manage to come in season all at one time?

4. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

We have once again outgrown our surroundings.

Please join us at the Common Ground Coffee House #113.

See ya there!

Thanks!
    §ue :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.