1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Common Ground Coffee House #112

Discussion in '2008 Archive' started by I Am Blessed 24, Feb 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Rob - Thanks for breakfast! I had a late start today and this will hit the spot.

Sue - I'm sorry you're still not feeling well. Take it easy and let your body do what it needs to do to fight this thing.

MK - I really think that sometimes God gives us an "unknown" illness to make us take a few days to let our bodies catch up with us. Rest and drink lots of fluids. You may find it helps.

Tim - I'm having a hard enough time with my blog as it is! I have one that I started last year to put the audio of my adoption testimony on, and I also posted my long drawn-out process on how I got my kids to sleep on their own without CIO. I JUST started a new blog on Sunday and we'll see if I even keep it up. That place reminds me a lot of Facebook though - it's a neat site! :)

Today is once again the same old same old. Laundry, housework, homeschooling and such. Tonight is church so dinner will be early.

2. Friend of God

Friend of God Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Column A
    Smothered Patties with Onion Au Jus
    Garlicky Mashed Potatoes
    Roasted Vegetable Salad
    Chocolate-Cherry Bread Pudding

Column B
    Harvest Chicken
    Sausage with White Beans
    Mashed Potatoes with Cauliflower with Sour Cream
    Peppermint Ice Cream Pie

Column C
    Italian-Style Meatloaf
    Broccoli Cheddar Salad
    Thyme-Scented Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Onions
    Tropical Dream Cake

Column D
    Southern Border Meatloaf
    Pea Salad with Cucumbers and Red Onion
    Mashed Potatoes with Green Onion Patties
    Key Lime Cheesecake with Strawberries and Fresh Mint

Column E
    Glazed Stuffed Pork Chops or Seared Pork Roast with Cherry Currant Salsa
    AuGratin Potatoes
    Poached Spice Apples with Raspberry Sauce
    Chocolate Cinnamon Cake

Okay Ladies, pick 'n choose as you wish, substitutions are permitted.

You know if I could, I would cook for both of you until you got feeling better.

Hope you see something you like, but are feeling better soon enough you won't need to choose.

#102 Friend of God, Mar 26, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2008
  3. Gayla

Gayla New Member

Menu (column) A here!!!!!!:wavey:

Start back on the chemo tomorrow.:BangHead:

Y'all have fun!:wavey: :wavey:

4. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

Good Early Morning, Everyone!

Gayla, that was a fast two weeks! I'll be praying for you.

Poor T has to be to work at 7:30 this morning so I'm up early. Since I feel halfway alive this morning I'm taking requests for breakfast. Would you like Cap'n Crunch or Corn Flakes? :laugh:

Back to reality: The coffee at least is hot and fresh this morning. :)

Ya'll have a good day!

5. Friend of God

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good Morning Everybody,

That is great news Cuz! Even half-way is better than 100% sick. See, my imaginary menu worked. All I had to do was threaten to cook for you and you got better so you could cook for yourself. Who needs a Doctor and Antibiotics when you have an Imaginary Take-Out Menu? Reality is vastly overrated, don't you think? Still no news from Sue? Praying you're both back on your feet and good as new any day now. :praying:

We're going to have our Easter Dinner today. Brenda seems to be a bit better. Still fighting the exhaustion and the joint/muscle pain, but breathing a bit better. Actually the Gkids have a half day today and tomorrow and Spring Break begins on Monday.

If Brenda continues to improve, I promised the Gkids that we'd take them to a Water Park sometime this week, that is located at a Hotel close to the Michigan/Ohio border.

Praying for you Gayla, and that the markers stay down.

Tell you what, I "bring in" breakfast and that should have MK doing somersaults, and Sue up and making millions on ebay. Hmmmm Waffles, Eggs, Bacon, American Fries, Sausage Gravy and Biscuits, and Orange Scones should do it.

Time to start getting things ready to cook "Easter Dinner."

#105 Friend of God, Mar 27, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2008
  6. menageriekeeper

Cuz, don't you think it's a little cold where you are for swimming? :eek:

Glad to hear Brenda's better. This stuff's not nice!

7. Friend of God

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry, my bad. It's an inside water park.

Cold??? Heck, it's almost 42 outside right now. That's almost spring weather around here. The flowers are poking their heads up, shivvering, and going back down where it's warm. :laugh:

8. menageriekeeper

Cuz, it is sooo fully spring here that T's blue truck is yellow! I can hardly believe that we have this much pollen already. Gonna be bad for folks with allergies.

My azaleas are just about to bloom. They already have a flower or two but for the most part are just budding nicely. Another week of temps as warm as they are right now though, and they'll be in full bloom. The dogwood trees are the same way.

Folks around the neighborhood have already been mowing grass! The grass/weeds in my backyard could use it. The front is not to bad yet. Centipede likes it to be hot before it really starts growing. My hedges need clipping!

It's really amazing to me that it can be this warm here and still snow weather up where you are.

Ya'll have water parks inside? How's that work?

9. country girl

country girl New Member

Hello everyone, I get hungry every time I stop by the coffee shop. Thanks for the laughs Rob. Hope all of you that are sick is feeling better. Weather was real nice here today 70 degrees. My husband plowed the garden today, can't wait to get those fresh vegies. I get on here kinda late at night so I miss all that breakfast foods. gotta start getting up earlier. Save me some dessert, I can eat that late. ---------Mercedes

10. Friend of God

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good Morning Everybody,

Weelllll, it was 42 degrees and sunny yesterday, but; by 4pm we had a near blizzard with wet heavy snow. Overnight we had a Winter Snow Advisory. We now have 3-4" of snow on the ground with ice mixed in it.

One thing about living in Michigan - it's never boring. When I posted yesterday morning the grass was showing and the sun was shining, now we have that dirty white crap covering everything again. I love it when they say the high is going to be in the 40's and we end up getting snow - it proves that with all their technology the Weather Forecasters don't kow any more than the rest of us.

Our "inside water parks" are glorified pools with things added to them to make them like water parks. Where we are going has 5 pools with two of them reserved just for kids. The kids pools have inner-tube rides, a slide that is almost 1 story high, and various other amenities for the kids. This is where we're going for a few days: http://www.bavarianinn.com/Home/LodgingHome/7acresoffanilyfun/tabid/193/Default.aspx

Glad to hear that you feel well enough to be outside and active Cuz. You know you're making me jealous with all your grass, and flowers, and such.

Even your pollen, and ragweed sound good right now. How sick is that?

Glad you enjoy the food here Mercedes. This is where "the elite meet to eat." There seems to be a type of symbiotic relationship between Baptists and food, after all wasn't Fried Chicken served at the Last Supper? From time-to-time our inmates err I mean regulars will drop off something late in the afternoon or in the evening. Fortunately our virtual food [or is it virtual vittles?] is all calorie-free, sugar-free, and low in carbs. That's how our Women regulars maintain their perfect size 2 figures, after all.

Today is Country Ham and Eggs, Biscuits and Sausage Gravy, Hot Blueberry Muffins, and Hash Brown Potatoes. Enjoy.

It's back to running the snowthrower and sweeping the steps again. The ONLY good thing about the record setting amounts of snow this year is that it will add much-needed water to the Great Lakes. Their levels have been running a bit low the past few years.

The Only good thing about snow is that it makes everybody's yard look good.

#110 Friend of God, Mar 28, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2008
  11. menageriekeeper

Good Morning Everyone!

Cuz, reserve an extra room, we're coming for a visit! Seriously, that place looks really cool. My kids would have loved it when they were younger. Now they think snow and ice is fun. :eek:

Sheeh, when does spring spring up there. I've been gone too long I guess to remember this much snow into April. Your snow is going to be our rain I suppose. T was going to ride his motorcycle into work this morning only to discover that it was sprinkling outside. :rolleyes:

I'm up and moving some this morning. Yay! I don't know how long it'll last and I don't want to push myself but, the first load of dishes is through the dishwasher. That's progress. This morning was the first time in two weeks that I've had the strength to unload and reload it while the coffee perked (dishwasher duty is a normal part of waking up for me). I'm resting in between bursts of activity. I didn't do nearly as much yesterday, but was so exhausted I went to bed at 7:30! Feeling fairly well this morning is a pleasant surprise!

12. Friend of God

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

#112 Friend of God, Mar 28, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2008
  13. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Just a quick stop-in to say "hi" and grab a cup of coffee. I'm at church working on Sunday's service AND our annual dinner which will be Sunday night. We have a big shindig (pot luck for 650 people) and we'll have skits, fun and worship along with the very fast vote on the budget. So there's a lot of graphics to put together for that! :) Thanks for the coffee and I grabbed a little bit of breakfast too - thanks Rob!

14. menageriekeeper

Good Morning Everyone!

Today will be karate, baseball and karate and after that we'll go help Walmart make payroll!

Ya'll have a good day!

15. menageriekeeper

Good Mor----

Huh! Who been in here this weekend?

Oh well, might just go ahead and clean up. Do my Coffee House duty for Sue finds out what folk were up. chocolate on the walls and cake mix splattered all over the cabinets. Almost looks like my and Tanya's 10 kids had a cooking lesson. Only Tanya and I don't cook. :confused:

Well, guess who is finally feeling better AND has a clean house all at the same time? Yay! This means I get to sew today and actually enjoy it without feeling guilty. ;)

Got get up sometime and throw some taco soup into the crockpot cause the kids all have karate workouts tonight and then T has a special practice for our instructors Master's demo that is coming up at the end of April. Gonna be a busy day.

I'm going to start it by actually getting dressed for a change. I've spent more than enough time wearing baggy sweat clothes.

Ya'll have good day!

16. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Whew! Well, THAT was a busy weekend. We had our annual dinner at church last night - a pot luck for 600 people. We had a wonderful time of fun and fellowship, celebrating our associate pastor's 25 years at the church (we had a 40th anniversary for our senior pastor a couple months ago), wonderful worship and then our very fast budget vote. LOL I brought BBQ pulled pork and Ghiardelli brownies and there was nothing to take home afterwards. :) It was a wonderful time!

So today is catch up. My house is a mess and we need to homeschool. Right now the littles are finishing up lunch but then it's time to get back to school. So I'll catch ya'll later!

17. Brother Shane

Brother Shane New Member

Warm southern greetings!

Howdy everyone! I hope that this day finds you all well. Things couldn't be better for me! Just a month and a half left of the 11th grade and then summer is here ... which brings a job for me and finally... homeschool! My longtime girlfriend, Kacie and I will finish up high school. She will fulfill her biblical role as a wife and mother if we're blessed with children, and I will be working. We are both in the same grade. Unique thing is... we've known each other since Kindergarten and have always been best friends -- or commonly found on the 500 letters we've written each other -- BFFL! We grew up together in the same lil' town ... on the same road da famous GrannyGumbo lives on now! Little did she know those two would become such a big part of her life 10 ten years later, lol. God has blessed me.

This whole week is bringing the UPS man to my doorsteps daily to deliver fresh coffee to start a new batch of my Bayou Blend. The name I got from Granny, but the recipe I make is my own. I ordered over $100 worth and they all are steadily coming in. I can't wait for that first cup in the morning. If any of you are ever in the bayou state of Louisiana and smell a buttery, nutty, sweet aroma that knocks you off your feet ... you know that a fresh pot of bayou blend is being brewed! It has over... I'd say 30 different coffees in it. When it is all here and I mix it all together... I'll have enough for a couple of years.

The hummingbirds arrived last week! From my view right here, I have two hummingbird feeders that they stay on all day long. They are so fun to watch! If any of you are interested, I have a "bird blog" I try to keep up with pictures from my backyard of the birds and other pictures of the homestead. Let me know and I'll post the link if you'd like to view it.

The day is winding down and storms are moving in! I will sleep good tonight! I better send this off before lighting zaps it and it's all gone! All of you... have sweet dreams. Don't forget to say your prayers. xo

[​IMG]

18. Brother Shane

Brother Shane New Member

It's Thursday!

Good morning everyone...

That bayou blend is brewing right now. My mouth is watering. I can't wait to get in there and try that hot java!

I hope you all have a good day today! ~Bye~

19. standingfirminChrist

Fax me a cup when it's finished brewing, Brother Shane!:wavey:

20. Brother Shane

Brother Shane New Member

Good morning, SFIC! :wavey:

The Bayou Blend is the best around...

Enjoy!

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.