1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Common Ground Coffee House #113

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by I Am Blessed 24, Jun 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Was that a cry for help I heard?!

You'll be fine. No, you won't have enough food. You can never have enough food for a party, and look at me. LOOK AT ME! It's OKAY. They'll come through and devour it like a herd of wild beasts, so you don't even have to make it look nice. In fact, you can just save yourself the time and put out empty plates with some crumbs on the bottom, they'll never know. Stand there and say "oh my goodness, look at how much food is gone!" and they'll just go listen to some weird, modern music that'll give you a headache and then they'll all be gone and you won't know what happened but you'll take some Motrin and it'll all be over and...LOOK AT ME! That is OKAY.

:laugh:

I'm sure it will be wonderful. Tell us about it when it's over!

Nothing too exciting to report here. Just busy, tired, bought some of THE yummiest grapes ever, and

WAIT A MINUTE!

Yes there IS something exciting to report!

We picked two fat, ripe tomatoes out of our garden today along with a handful of snap peas! I can't believe I forgot!

They are SO delicious, and we're all happy and wiggly and are you allowed to be proud of God for making the earth able to produce such neat and things? Because I think I am! VERY impressive it is. :godisgood:

2. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

Ann? Ann?? Ann??? Ann?????

You still alive??

:D

3. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Send out the royal hounds!

4. palagislandgirl

palagislandgirl New Member

Still no sign of Ann.... I hope she is okay. Today has been relaxing. I was supposed to go with some girls from work and get a pedi but we didn't connect so we will try for next weekend. I sat at home and cleaned all day! Mom and dad have gotten a house in town closer to his doctors' offices so I am at the big one in the country by myself. It has been so peaceful and quiet. Dad is doing better. He is scheduled for another skin graft in two weeks and the first one looks good! I had better go, y'all take care!
    :godisgood:

5. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Ann was probably so tired that she fell into bed after the party without even cleaning up! :)

I'm sure she will come on this morning and tell us that it was a huge success and all her worrying was for nought.

I can't sleep and I'm finding out I can't type this early either. LOL

6. standingfirminChrist

Fresh doughnuts and coffee in far corner. Also hot water for tea or hot chocolate sitting on the wood stove.

Please be careful, contents are very HOT!!

7. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Sue is right - I put away the leftovers, started doing the dishes then went to bed. I was SOOOO tired!

It went well - we had more than enough food. The kids were weird and spent the whole part OUTSIDE in the 95 degree humidity. The adults were all smart and came inside to the AC. It was a great evening and one of Lauren's friends gave her the BEST gift - a real honest to goodness snowcone machine for the party! His dad has one for carnivals and such so he brought it, 7 flavors and 40 lbs. of ice. Can I tell you that was the BEST gift - not only for Lauren but for ME?? LOL - That was the coolest thing.

So now it's time to clean up the aftermath. OH but wait! Bob wants to go "relax" on the boat today! Which means we take all of the leftovers, pack them up and spend today's 95 degree humidity sitting on the water (PLEASE let it be cooler there!). There's no swimming because we have lion's mane jellyfish EVERYWHERE but we do have a shower on the back of the boat that I think we'll use a lot. So maybe we'll clean up tomorrow. Wait! Tomorrow is Lauren's road test.

Oh goodness! I think I need a vacation! Unfortunately that's still a few weeks and a VBS away. LOL

So I survived - you can call off the dogs. But maybe send that St. Bernard with some coffee??

8. menageriekeeper

Kids are always weird! Glad she had a nice time.

now I wanna snowcone!!!

:D

9. I Am Blessed 24

[​IMG]

Glad things turned out so well, Ann. I knew you would be tired because I've hosted four open houses for my kids. Each one gets easier. In fact, the last two, I think I waited and cleaned the house after.:laugh:

Ron: Make sure you make those doughnuts with Splenda 'cause DH and I are both on a diabetic diet...

Since DH won't be eating solids for a while (having all his teeth pulled today), I fixed fried mush (in olive oil), buckwheat, blueberry pancakes with 'lite' syrup, scrambled eggs, and skim milk for breakfast.

I don't have any of Shane's 'bayou blend', but I did make coffee this morning (decaf and regular).

Help yourself to the goodies, and if you think of DH this morning, please send a prayer his way.

We have to go back this afternoon to pick up his dentures.

We will be driving about four hours today.

On the road again...
    [​IMG]

10. menageriekeeper

Whhewwwwhoooo! Can I borrow that car when you are done with it Sue?

Praying for your DH today. My parents have had this done. They say it's not as bad as it sounds.

Good Morning Everyone and welcome to Monday!

The house needs cleaning and there's sewing to be done! Whether or not any of it actually gets done is another question. :D right now I have two kids and a cat sprawled across my bed, relaxin' and the third kid hasn't crawled out of his own bed yet! Just another lazy summer morning at the menagerie. I'm letting 'em enjoy it while they can, school starts back in just 3 weeks. :eek:

Thanks for coffee and breakfast Sue!

11. Friend of God

Friend of God Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good Morning Everybody,

Praying for Dale right now. :praying:

Thanks for breakfast Sue!!

Oh Great!, now the gals want to go cruisin' in the 'vette. Please don't go "Thelma and Louise" on us.

Today I have my cardiac ultrasound and carotid doppler done, then hopefully I'm done with cardiac tests.

You keepin' your eyes open for storms Cuz? In the nawth we have tornados, and in the Sawoth you have hurricanes. Now if we could find something to do with the snow and ice. :laugh:

Gotta make Rosemary Chicken and Potatoes, and Apple-Stuffed Acorn Squash for tonight's potluck at church that is before Bible Study every monday night.

Now I have to go wash and gas the 'vette so you gals can cruise.

12. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

SHE PASSED HER ROAD TEST!!!! WOO-HOO!!!

OK - I can begin to relax. That is until Wednesday when I need to go shopping for VBS. OY!

Off to go horseback riding in the heat, come home and shower then take my 16 year old to get her permit.

Give me strength!

13. I Am Blessed 24

Good morning all!

Thanks for the prayers for Dale.

The dentist PRAYED before pulling Dale's teeth.

PRAISE THE LORD!

He has no swelling, no bruising, no pain!

God works in mysterious ways and it never ceases to amaze me!

I made him a Smoothie last night and Cream of Wheat for breakfast. It was three days before I could eat anything!!!!! I'm jealous. :)

We had a 'gully washer' again last night and tree limbs are down all over town. We also had 70mph winds! The sirens go off automatically if the wind hits 55+mph and they were wailing for over an hour.

It has cooled things off and I'm certainly glad. It has been so hot and humid here lately.

Going to play 'catch up' on the housework today. Anyone wanna help?

HAGD!

14. PJ

PJ Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So glad to hear this, Sue! :godisgood:
    HAGD :wavey:

15. menageriekeeper

Good Morning Everyone!

Ann, tell your daughter congrats on her drivers liscense! :applause:

Cass will hers next Monday. :eek:

I've hurt my back again this morning in the simple act of bending over. I've just got to quit doing that! So I'm not going to be up to much, but, Cass has to go buy her locker and pay school fees at noon today so we'll get out to do that. I think the rest of the day will be spent resting cause I test for my next rank in karate on Saturday and I've waited nearly a year to be well enough to and I'm NOT planning on missing it.

That's pretty much all that is going on here right now, 'cept I need and $1100 miracle by the 8th of next month. Ya'll could help me pray for that.

I've put smoothie fixin's in the fridge cause it's too hot for coffee!

Ya'll have a good day!

16. Friend of God

Friend of God Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good Afternoon Everybody,

Congratulations Ann on surviving the Open house, and on your daughter passing her driving test.

Praying for your health and your miracle right now Cuz.

We had a little excitement yesterday. There was a drug raid just down the street from us yesterday afternoon. About 2pm two unmarked cars pulled up in front of the house involved and out came police officers. Some headed for the house itself, some went around the back. It was exactly as you would see on an episode of COPS. A total of five marijauna plants were seized, but no arrests were made. After the raid I was walking down the opposite side of the street when I spotted one of the officers that I know. He came over and we talked some, he was kidding me about having a raid on the street I live on, and told me I was" 'showin my age" lettin that go on where I live. I grinned at him and quietly said " and who do you think made the tip, sarge?" I knew the raid was goin' down, that was why I made sure all my Gkids were in our house, and not near the front of the house. I was outside "washing" the car. I have a CCW to carry a 9mm handgun and it was in my rear waistband under my tee-shirt. I was pretty sure that with all the manpower nothing was going to happen anywhere near my house, but when my family could be involved I like to make sure, hence my deciding to "wash the car" yesterday afternoon.

After yesterday today seems kind of dull and quiet - just like I like it too.

I see the 'vette is gone again and so are Sue, Ann, and PJ, guess they're out "testing the environmental air quality" around the Coffeehouse. The best way to do that, I hear, is to have the air blowing through your hair in a convertible. Good to see they're so civic-minded. :laugh:

17. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Wasn't me cruisin Rob. I was looking for Nicole's social security card for 2.5 hours - driving to the bank twice to check the safety deposit box but it wasn't there. FINALLY found it in the file cabinet then drove off to DMV. Guess what? They got struck by lightning and had no power. Poor Nicole. God just does NOT want her to get her permit today. :laugh:

So now I'm about to go out to do the VBS shopping. This is the larger of the Costco trips - I'll get all the trail mix ingredients, the cookies, lemonade and paper goods. We have dry run tomorrow and I'll pick up stuff for that too. I'm going to shock everyone and NOT get bagels because of the price of bagels now. :D Hopefully there won't be much of a mutiny. LOL I'm hoping the cash advance is ready so I don't need to put out my own money for this to start. I end up spending $1300 plus the bagels next week (I order 6 dozen a day and that's billed directly to the church) for all of the refreshments - I don't have that kind of moolah just laying around! YIKES!!

MK - I hope your back feels better! I can recommend a book for you to get - it's called "Overcoming Neck and Back Pain" by Lisa Morrone. She's a friend of mine who's a physical therapist and it's an amazing book. It just might help if this happens often for you. It's available on Amazon.

18. PJ

PJ Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Awwww, it's a great day for a drive with the top down ... [​IMG] :laugh: :thumbs::wavey:

19. preacher

preacher New Member

Evening Folks,
    Been busy the last few days with Agee. She's been having a lot of health issues lately & they have been running all kind of tests. She had another appointment this morning and the Dr. informed her she has lupus. Neither one of us really knew what it is till we got home & did some reasearch, now I'm more than a little concerned.
    With that & me being out of work the past month it's piling up on both of us. I was supposed to go out of town next week to do a job up in DC but I told her I'll look for something a little closer to home. I had been installing industrial carousels, thats why I haven't worked...was waiting on another contract to be finished. But I don't want to be 500 miles away if she needs something.
    Something seems to be wrong with BH too, hasn't been eating right. Usually she will pig out, but the past two or three days she barely eats. Hope it's just a temporary thing. Can't have her checked by a vet here being wildlife.
    Sorry to ramble on, but thats what I've done all day I guess....ramble here & there.

20. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Oh Preacher - I'll be praying!!

Well, it looks like Nicole REALLY is not meant to get her permit. I was going to take her tomorrow but now she's going to be doing her mime with some of the other kids in the youth group for a homeless mission (last minute booking) so that shoots tomorrow. Monday is VBS and then I ride afterwards so I can't take her then. Tuesday is a youth group thing that she wants to go to. Wednesday MIGHT work and then Thursday is dental appointments with 2 of the kids (we're getting our dental issues worked out, it looks like). So it will be probably another week before she can get her permit. LOL - I think it's pretty funny.

Well, tomorrow is work and I'm taking care of my friend's horses so that will take up much of the day. I'm also getting stuff ready for VBS so my work will have some extra stuff to do. Atleast the weather has cleared up and now it's not only NOT 95 degrees, we had rain so we're also not dry. The humidity broke and it's actually nice enough to open the windows!

I've left the coffee set up for the morning - just need to plug it in. Enjoy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.