1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

COMMON GROUND COFFEE HOUSE #27

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by I Am Blessed 24, Dec 19, 2003.

1. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Boy Howdy and blessed December 23rd t'you all!

Working hard to get the house straightened as we will have a dozen family here tonight. Taking them all to a local steak house for meal as a blessing to them, then to our place for dessert and small gift exchange.

I HATE VACUUMING. Love the new "shark" - rechargeable little lightweight sweeper that has amazing suction. $59 at Walgreens. Saw it and bought it and it is great. We crack a lot of nuts and little shards fly . . can easily zip them up.

BUT today is get out the big gun Kirby and really make it nice. Wife has to work at the Clinic until 15 minutes before the dinner, so if it's gonna be clean, it's gonna be me!

[​IMG]

2. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    BTW, am I the only one having difficulty with the BB connection this morning? Kept coming "page not available" and then just took 3 times to back up and redo before getting the previous message to "take".

Odd.

3. Debby in Philly

Debby in Philly Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep. I had trouble too. Same thing - page not found. I thought it was our firewall, but I guess not if others had a problem. Maybe the webmaster knows what happened.

4. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just for a few minutes this morning and now everything is working fine.

Hiccup in cyber-space?

5. Dan Todd

Dan Todd Active Member

Maybe BB needs to go to the clinic and have a check-up by a good doctor!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    [​IMG]

I'm off until late night. God bless all and trust the BB is functional.

Leave the Christmas lights on in the Coffee House. May be after midnight, but I'm comin' back!

[​IMG]

7. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Had the same problem with the BB today for a while.

Hadn't called by in a while so thought I'd pop in and say hi!

Our college aged daughter is home from the States and brought two friends with her (LONG time family friends, sisters, BTW). Our son, daughter-in-law, and grand baby are down from Northern Ireland. Its going to be a PACKED Christmas (12 in our little house) , but we sure are going to enjoy it!!

As we say in Irish, Nollaig Shona (Happy Christmas)!

8. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Good Afternoon all! I thought it was Bellsouth at first but had no trouble with job sites, etc. I'm STILL having problems getting pages opened here!

The man I was to work for today called late last night and his teenaged daughter wanted to work instead. I did go and train to work at the Antique Store where I bought Donna's Secret Santa items. I'll work at least 4 half days. No internet there so y'all will have to do without my smiling face for about 5 hours a day this weekend! LOL

Hope all are keeping well!

Diane

9. computerjunkie

computerjunkie New Member

[​IMG]

I'm OFF till January 5th, 2004!!! Hooray!!! (Now before some of you say I'm ALWAYS off...this one is official!!!) [​IMG]

I have gotten a lot of my gifts wrapped, and will have the task completed very shortly!! I'm feeling much better and actually beginning to enjoy the season!! Tomorrow I will make the stuff I am taking to my brother's for Christmas dinner, and then all I have to do is wait for Santa!!

[​IMG]

10. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, dinner and the party is over. And a lovely time had by all. Just cleared the table and straightened the house while the bride loads the dishwasher.

Light schedule tomorrow at the Clinic, then an early evening Christmas Eve service at the Free Church I pastored until June. One of the families came by and caroled at the house; welcome break from the party!

Then all day in Buffalo on Christmas. This IS what the holiday is all about - celebration of our Savior's birth and of family.
    [​IMG]
    Will be up a while now (letting the dinner settle) and see what fires need tending around the BB!

Like the gov would say, Ahhlll be back!

11. GloryBound

GloryBound New Member

[​IMG] Just wanted to jump in here at the Coffee House to tell you all Merry Christmas!!! Praying for all those who will be traveling during the holidays. May the Lord bless each one of you!

[​IMG]

12. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    And back at you in Florida. BTW, this is what you are missing by not taking the road less traveled and enjoying a Wyoming Christmas!

[​IMG]

13. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Tired. Turning down the lights. Putting on a kettle, but the corn-stove Diane gave us is not putting out much heat.

So will depend on the EARLY BIRDS to get the buns rising (nothing personal) and the water for Calli Tea on. And see you all later in the a.m.

[​IMG]

14. Gib

Gib Active Member

[​IMG]

It was a balmy 73 degrees yesterday on the Golden Isles of Southeast Georgia. We'll Probably spend Christmas day, BBQing, play yard darts and working on our tans.

15. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Heeeeeeeey!!!!!!

How come Blackbird doesn't have a corn stove????

16. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Here you go, Blackbird! It's perfect for you!

[​IMG]

Well MY KID comes taping me on the shoulder at 2:45. We always let him open one present on Christmas Eve and he figures almost 3:00 a.m. is close enough. He's never gone back to sleep even tho we made him leave us alone til almost 8!
    ....................... [​IMG]

Diane

17. Dan Todd

Dan Todd Active Member

Diane,

They say that you always spoil the youngest one - most of all. Looks like you're off to a good start!

Dan - didn't spoil any of mine - but the grandchildren are a different story!

18. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Oh Dan, I spoiled them all! LOL

................. [​IMG]

Problem is, now it's 9:30 and we're already ready for naps. LOL. Stuff to do today tho! Santa doesn't like messy houses (mine is NEVER really messy) and we don't want him to trip on Matchbox cars so I've got things to do today. Plus, I'll be working half a day on Friday and Saturday in an Antique Shop downtown Douglasville, Ga. so need to be ahead of the game!

................... [​IMG]

BTW.... The slow loading was Webmaster archiving all the old files from 2002 and 2003 and had NOTHING to do with graphics!

.............. [​IMG]

19. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Boy Howdy and a Blessed Christmas Eve to one and all. And isn't actually Christmas Day to our Australian contingent on the BB? Ncver can keep that +/- GMT stuff straight.

Think how tough Santa has it? [​IMG]

Since all the candles, etc were up for the dinner, when I woke up early the house looked like a bordello . . .

20. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Good Morning All!

And just how would you know that Dr.B.? [​IMG]

Merry Christmas Eve to everyone!

[​IMG]