1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

COMMON GROUND COFFEE HOUSE #34

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by I Am Blessed 24, Feb 2, 2004.

1. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

[​IMG]

The only RULE here is NO fussin', fightin', or feudin'!

I will try to be here to serve you; but if not, feel free to help yourself.

First one in every morning puts the coffee on, last one out at night turns the lights off...

We serve donuts, cinnamon toast (dry toast available upon request), crumpets, bagels, scones, croissants, brioche rolls, yogurt, salads, light lunches, popsicles, ice cream, homemade cookies and homemade pies, and homemade jams.

We also serve coffee (with caffeine and without), hot chocolate, hot tea, iced tea, fresh squeezed lemondade and orange juice, cappucino, Mountain Dew, DP, DDP, Coke, Pepsi, Diet Sierra Mist, milk, milk shakes and Kool-Aid.

If you don't see your drink or food of choice...just ask, we will do our best to stock it for you!

Our aim is to please...come and sit a spell, enjoy the fellowship and come back often!

As Christians, we are ALL on common ground...

[​IMG]

[ February 02, 2004, 09:03 PM: Message edited by: I Am Blessed 16 ]

2. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    And a pleasant good evening to you all. Just in from the clinic where we were "swamped". Many people suffering from candida yeast problems, lung problems and seeking better nutrition.

What a joy to be able to help! Trust everyone is enjoying the night - snow for Sue, swimming lessons for Diane, and LATIN! Boy Howdy!

Just asked a question in Baptist Theology and any who would like to jump in would be appreciated.

3. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

So, tomorrow should be a little more quiet but then we're forecast to have freezing rain and ice. Hubby was to start traveling with a man from his new job tomorrow morning. The guy is quite sick and is also up in S.C. and doesn't want to brave this weather. He's going to come in on Wednesday instead and Jim's going to go out on his own tomorrow. He already has lots of contacts.

Whoops.... time to fold another load of clothes!

Diane

4. following-Him

following-Him Active Member

Diane,

Thank you so much. You are a star.

Well, I see it is almost 1 am here so I spose I had better be off to bed.

Rob says there are 60 flood warninngs for the midlands (that's us, sort of) on the news :eek: some rivers are up to the banks and more rain coming and the ground waterlogged. We are about 3 miles from the river Severn, so we won't be affected, but the city of Gloucester could well be.

God Bless,

Sheila

5. I Am Blessed 24

I am turning in people. I will have to get up extra early tomorrow to scrape the ice and snow off of the car and probably shovel the walk to GET to the car! :eek:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    §ue

6. Dan Todd

Dan Todd Active Member

Ice should be enough to cancel school!

Was very glad to assist Blackbird and Gib in the investigation of the Super Bowl halftime fiasco! But I'm not sure how many more times these old eyes can take something like that!

Dan - just be helpful - again!

PS - to Sheila - seems that if Rob can get help with his crosswords from BB - that ought to change his mind about our lovely forum! ;)

7. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

You're quiet welcome, Dan! Having to referee the halftime show what quiet an accomplishment!!! Now that Blackbird has been exposed to world wide air time---it should mean a hefty raise in salary and benefits from the referee's union!!! Blackbird now has the boldness to barge into the Commissioner's office and demand a new contract complete with fringe and perks!! He deserves it--because he saved CBS from further embarrassment and turmoil!

If raises are not in the near future picture for us(me, you and Gib--for helping spare millions of eyes from viewin' what ought not be viewed)---Blackbird plans on "packin'" up and headin' on home!!! We'll just see how long the NFL and CBS can survive without Blackbird's assistance!!!

8. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Good monring to all.

Off to Dublin to teach today "If Its Tuesday it Must be Dublin" [​IMG] .

See you all later on in the day!

9. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have a safe and blessed day, C4K. Share with us when you return what you're teaching.

10. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

HAd a couple of minutes before I leave into the rain and 60mph winds.

I teach at a centre for early school leavers. These kids are roughly 14-17 years old nad have quit school or been kicked out for any numbers of reasons. They have very poor family situations, are dabbling in drugs, alcohol, and "petty" crime. A pretty rough bunch of kids. I am in teaching literacy one day a week. Why only one day a week? Because a govt who spent $8 million building a 120 metre tall nail LINK "can't afford" more than that!

Bye for now [​IMG]

11. following-Him

following-Him Active Member

Good Morning from a wet and windy England. [​IMG]

Dan, I don't think you are ever going to change Rob's mind about BB. I admire your persistence tho.
    Roger, I hope your day goes well.

Sam has just brought us coffee, which is very nice of him.

Well, I am off for a quick wander to see what everyone has been up to while I have been tossing and turning. (big yawn)

Later, God Bless

Sheila

12. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for the update, C4K. Sure there is a sermon in there somewhere!

Did not know the wind was so fierce in your part of the world, although I walked around Buckingham Palace one January night (took a train into Victoria Station) and LIKE TO FROZE!

Well, since you and Sheila are up, I shall retire. God bless.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

13. I Am Blessed 24

Good Morning Dr.B., Sheila, and Roger!

Snow, snow, and more snow! Wind chill is -9ºF right now. Oh, goody! :rolleyes:

I don't think I'm quite awake yet, but I wanted to pop in and say mornin' before I make myself two cups of decaf. It doesn't wake me up, but it does keep me warm until the chill gets off of the house...

[​IMG]
    §ue

14. Watchman

Watchman New Member

Good morning one and all, must leave off posting for now, just wanted to wish one and all a blessed day. I have the next two nights off and, who knows, I may even post from home!

15. I Am Blessed 24

Good Morning Watchman!

Good idea (posting from home). You know you can't go two days without popping in here! :D

Enjoy your time off. [​IMG]

16. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Sue! Speaking of being cold and icy---one of my favorite uncles told the story of some Army training he was involved in during World War 2! They were in the upper mid-west---near to Lake Superior(though he didn't know it at the time!)---it was the dead of Winter---booger cold!!! I mean, forevermore cold!!!

Orders were one night for them to get up---and do some Tank maneuvers---they had to chip ice from the treads of those tanks to get them rollin'!! There he was--from warm Louisiana---chippin' ice from tank tracks with a hammer and coal pick!!! In the dark!!

They finally got the tanks rollin'---and maneuvered out to a wide open area---he ain't never seen it as wide open as that---it was still dark---so he still wasn't aware of exactly where he was at!!!

They were given "coordinates" and were told to commence firing on the given targets!! Those Sherman's started shootin' out into the open area! Then they were told to jump from the tanks and run jump into the shell hole----when he did---it was ice!!! A hole in the ice!!! Surrounded by ice!!!

They were told then that they were standing on Lake Superior! Those 30 ton Shermans drivin' out there like it were concrete!! Maaaaaaaaan, thats cold!!!!

Your Southern Baptist preachin', anti-icin' buddy,
    Blackbird

17. I Am Blessed 24

Good Morning Blackbird!

Wow! What a story! And I thought I had it bad having to chip ice off my CAR!

I will let it run for about 15 minutes first. I am always afraid I will chip the windshield!

I am not looking forward to it! [​IMG]

All of the schools are closed in Lincoln (including the High School) EXCEPT the school I cross at!!! I keep watching the TV and hoping!

18. moondg

moondg Member
    Site Supporter

Good moring everyone how do ya'll keep up with when the posts were made no time and date on the posts.

19. I Am Blessed 24

Good Morning moondg!

There is a date and time stamp at the top of every post. Otherwise, it would be impossible to tell when they were written!

Welcome to the Coffee House!

[​IMG]
    §ue

20. moondg

moondg Member
    Site Supporter

all mine sayes is posted what am I doing wrong? do I need to check something to make it work?