1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

COMMON GROUND COFFEE HOUSE #34

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by I Am Blessed 24, Feb 2, 2004.

1. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I concur Sue. Just a week ago we had a windchill that was -65. Now they are predicting that in a just a couple days it will be 35 F. That is change of 100 degrees F., in just ten days or so. It certainly will seem like spring to us. But it is doubtful that those kind of temperatures will last long. We'll enjoy them while they're here.
    DHK

2. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are EVIL, Sue, and many impreccatory psalms are now flooding my soul.

I will not "rejoice" with you at hitting 15k as long as you honor that reprobate Lincoln.

Next thing you know, they'll be naming CITIES after that old codger!

Dr. Bob
    "Springfield is home of the Simpsons"

3. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Uh Oh! One worker is going to be out sick! She's got pharyngitis and pink eye! Oh I hope the other helper is coming! I tried calling her house but she lives WAY out of town and drives in to pick up her kids. She doesn't always go on home but will do some shopping or go to the library before church.

Well the lesson is all planned for tonight and I've got a video too that goes along with the lesson and game. Should be lots of fun. If all else fails, we can have a snowball fight after we clean up the room.... with cotton balls!

Diane

4. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

LOL Oh Dr. Bob! Did you package arrive YET? How frustrating!

Wow, Sue, 15,000 any minute now. I guessed 7:00 p.m. because of the 'corner' and supper fixing. Looks like Dan might be THE MAN!

Uh Oh! The lady who does the 'story' time for grades K-6 cannot come tonight. The church just called for me to bring some of my videos. Praise the Lord for Veggie Tales and Bibleman!

Diane

5. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes it did. 1:45 came the knock. And I am heading out as soon as I finish the dishes.

Hope YOUR evening with the young'uns goes better.

And HOPE SUE REMOVES THAT "LAND OF L-N" logo from her threads! :mad:

6. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

If this popped up somewhere forgive me, it disappeared.

Going to miss Sue's 15k party :( . Off to my cuppa and a little reading.

Congrats in advance!

7. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Thank you Roger! Enjoy your book!

Glad your package arrived Dr.B. , but shame on you for using a dead man for an excuse for not rejoicing in my arrival at 15K. Oh well, any excuse is better than none, I guess. [​IMG] :rolleyes: [​IMG]

Off to fry chicken....will be back later.

§ue (savoring the moment) :D

8. Barnabas H.

Barnabas H. <b>Oldtimer</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    WOW Sue! You are reaching your 15,000th post! Unbelievable. I haven't reached 1K yet and I thought I am on the BB a lot.... [​IMG] Well, congratulations dear, and keep up the good work! [​IMG]

9. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Since I'm leaving for church and won't be back online until around 9:00 my time, I wanted to say

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] and Well Done my friend!

Diane

10. I Am Blessed 24

Thank you Barnabas and Diane!

Barnabas: I bet if you added up the posts from all your names...no one would be able to catch up with you! ;)

[​IMG]

11. Gayla

Gayla New Member

Hello All,
    Sue: I expected the Horlicks to taste like Ovaltine, but it doesn't. For one thing, there was no sweetenter or sugar of any kind. It was good, though.

I think I'll check out that link and see about ordering the chocolate malt flavor. I need to gat all the calcium I can to rebuild the bone marrow that wonderful(?) chemotherapy ate up.

Sheila: Does it really help with a more restful sleep?

Hubby and I are gonna go to Orlando this weekend to celebrate out 6th Anniversary. Planning to go to The Holyland Experience. My parents went 2 weeks ago and really liked it.

12. following-Him

following-Him Active Member

Gayla,

I can't tell you about that as I only get about 2-3 hours a night if at all. Even sleeping tablets don't work for me. :rolleyes:
    Sorry, but I never thought to mention about the sugar.
    Glad you liked it tho.

God Bless

Sheila

13. Gayla

Gayla New Member

2-3 hours, ugh!!!!

Right now, with the radiation treatments, I sit still for a while, then Boom, I'm asleep.
    but I wouldn't recommend that as a way to get rest. [​IMG] :D ;)
    got to leave for Church in 15 minutes, so I better get away from the compeeter. (4-year-old pronounciation)

14. I Am Blessed 24

This isn't getting any better folks! I would love to share some of this with you!

HEAVY SNOW WARNING IN EFFECT THUR and THUR EVENING.

SNOW WILL DEVELOP DURING THUR MORNING ACROSS THE IL RIVER VALLEY & CONTINUE INTO THUR NIGHT. BETWEEN 5 & 7 INCHES OF ADDITIONAL SNOW IS LIKELY WITH THIS WINTER STORM. EAST WINDS 10 TO 20 MPH WILL COULD CAUSE SOME BLOWING & DRIFTING SNOW IN OPEN AREAS.

A HEAVY SNOW WARNING IS ISSUED WHEN AN AVERAGE OF AT LEAST 6 INCHES OF SNOW ARE EXPECTED IN A 12 HOUR PERIOD. SNOWFALL INTENSITIES WILL BE HEAVY ENOUGH TO SUBSTANTIALLY REDUCE VISIBILITIES TO A QUARTER TO HALF MILE AT TIMES.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. jimnky

jimnky New Member

well its 30 degrees here at 8:11 pm and all is well. :cool:

16. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Guys, I just don't know what to say here. Jim called before I got home and I just called him back. He had driven up to North Carolina to begin his new job and had worked all afternoon learning things about the warehouse, etc. At 6:30 a woman called him from the main office and said they had lost their two largest lines in Georgia and they wouldn't be able to pay him. So, he has no job! Can you believe this? She kept telling him it had nothing to do with him and they're so sorry but he is driving home, sobbing.......

Please pray for us.
    Diane

17. I Am Blessed 24

Diane: I am so sorry! I can only imagine the disappointment Jim must be feeling right now! I don't understand, but I know that when God closes a door, He opens a window. He must have something better in mind for Jim! Try to keep looking up! [​IMG]

jimnky: Welcome to the Coffee House and STOP BRAGGING about your warm temps! [​IMG]

18. Dan Todd

Dan Todd Active Member

Jim and Diane,

I am praying about your situation!

Proverbs 3:5-6, "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths."

Dan

19. Dan Todd

Dan Todd Active Member

Well, Miss Sue hit 15,000!

Here is your prize!

[​IMG]

From the looks of your weather forecast - you're going to need them to get to work tomorrow!

Dan - keep that weather in Illinois - we don't want it in NY!

20. Dan Todd

Dan Todd Active Member

I learned something new about BB!

I was under the impression that when your BB mailbox got filled up - the program automatically deleted the oldest messages.

WRONG - so I just deleted 75% of the stuff!

Dan - you can now reach me again!