1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

COMMON GROUND COFFEE HOUSE #42

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by I Am Blessed 24, Mar 14, 2004.

1. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Not much change in yesterday's "strangeness" but its still yesterday for several of you!

Good morning all, especially to Sue! Wow! Close call on the corner yesterday, huh? And a close shave for Jim.

Hello to everyone, Tuesday so I am gone most of today. We see you all later in the day.

2. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    C4K - Hello back at you and bless your day serving the Lord. I'm up late (as usual) working on lectures on the chronology of the kings of Israel/Judah. Did the Exodus-Judges last week (we have 3-hour classes on Tuesday evening).

Supposed to get to Malachi, but this is the end of our Module. So gues the new Module beginning April 6 will just start wherever we end up here!

3. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Dr Bob,

I really enjoy OT teaching, a just a little envious of you!

Roger

4. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Chronology from Malachi-Apostles (500 BCE to 100 CE) will focus much on the events of the life of Christ in the Gospels. LOTS of misunderstanding there.

And of course, I'm a nut for the Hasmoneans and the Herod family tree, so will probably spend too much time in the intertestamental period!

5. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    And since no one to talk to and I'm heading off to bed (after hitting 16k in posts), I wish you all a blessing new day to walk with God.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Watchman

Watchman New Member

For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel, not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be of no effect.
    1Cor. 1:17
    Baptismal Regeneration?
    If to be baptized was necessary for salvation, then what you have in Paul here is somewhat like a surgeon who rarely finishes the job and most of his patients die.
    This is just another effort to add to the finished work of Christ on the cross; it is false doctrine.

Sue: It is true that to live is Christ and to die is gain, but we want you here with us. Be carefull on that corner!

Everyone have a blessed day!

7. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Good Morning Watchman! I am trying to stay alive!

Woke up to a 'white' world this morning. It is still snowing and looks like we may have 2-5 inches before it stops... Weird weather!

Gonna scoot around the board.

BBL!
    §ue

8. Gib

Gib Active Member

Good Morning Sue! I am trying to do as little as possible today.

Weather looks great. Kids are wearing shorts to school and look forward to a day of being outside.

I had to tell 8 contractors yesterday, it's our way or the highway. They said, "Oh, okay." I suppose they are used to hearing that. She said they would sleep on it and let me know today. I'm a heavy guy, but don't like being the heavy.

I will check in later to see you all on page 13.

9. I Am Blessed 24

Good Morning Gib!

I surely do envy your weather! It is snowing very hard here and the ground is already covered!

Today, I have the privilege to [​IMG]!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

I really wish Illinois had an "open" primary. :(

10. Dan Todd

Dan Todd Active Member

Morning to all!

Great verse and thought - Watchman - thank you!

Sue - be careful - and don't vote for a Clinton!

It's starting to snow here - calling for 6-12" - I wish Jim would keep his snow in the north country - where it belongs!

Gib - don't you enjoy the power you have over those contractors?

Doc - is Malachi - the Italian prophet?

Where are our European friends?

Dan - just babbling!

11. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Gib---it has been revealed to Blackbird that we have two informants on the thread---you'll have to turn the radio up louder to where they can't here you think!!!

Since you are the "heavy" who does the "light" work??

12. I Am Blessed 24

Good Morning Dan and Blackbird!

Hubby cleaned the car off at 4:30 AM. It is covered again! The snow is very wet and has lessened visablility. The corner should be 'fun' this morning!

Dan: Closed primary...couldn't vote for a Clinton if I wanted to (and I DON'T)! [​IMG]

Blackbird: We also have informants on the BB and they are watching your every move! But they think you are so [​IMG]

13. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Wow, lots going on already this morning! Morning everyone!

It rained most of the night so maybe the pollen is way down. Sure hope so! All our trees are blooming and it's already near 60°! Going to easily hit 70° here today.

I am SO glad I gave in to the antibiotics. I feel MUCH better today. Other than a little stuffiness, back to myself.

Diane

14. I Am Blessed 24

Morning Diane!

Glad to hear you're feeling better! I usually wait until I am half dead before going to the doctor...not a good thing!

I need to go scrape the car off - second time this morning! I will turn it on and let it heat up for a bit also, so the windows will defog.

[​IMG]
    §ue (hungry for corned beef and cabbage tomorrow)

15. raisingchildren4Christ

Morning everyone. [​IMG] Well we have snow here today. Actually its a SNOW day for my girls so they are home. [​IMG] We are suppose to get anywhere from 10 to 14 inches YIKES...
    Liz

16. I Am Blessed 24

Morning Liz!

Keep that snow in Ohio, we have all we need!

Swept the sidewalk and car off and car is running. I had to come back in and put my boots on, my shoes were too slippery! :eek:

I have to make a quick trip to the USPS and the grocery store after work. I will check in when I get back home.

Play nice while I'm gone! :rolleyes:

§ue (who is gonna get wet this morning!)

17. following-Him

following-Him Active Member

Hello Sue, Diane, Liz, Dan and Blackbird,

Just a quick visit as I am off out again. Hope you are all ok, and I will look in for a chat later.

Blessings

Sheila [​IMG]

18. Barnabas H.

Barnabas H. <b>Oldtimer</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good morning Roger, Dr. Bob, Watchman, Sue, Gib, Dan, Blackbird, Diane, Liz, Sheila, and Barnabas... oh, that's me! [​IMG]

We have a white morning as well here in the Big Apple. They predict 3-4 inches, and up to 6" in the suburbs. So, it is still winter huh?! Hope you all have a good day.... and Sue be careful at the corner! Put on a neon, blinking sign, which says... "Proceed on your own risk!" (If they don't want their hood dented from your fist, that is) [​IMG] ;) [​IMG]

P.S. Sue, did you consider a whistle?

19. I Am Blessed 24

Morning Barnabas; (Afternoon) Sheila!

I have been to the Post Office, grocery store, gas station, have one load of laundry in the dryer and another in the washer! Busy morning!

The snow is not sticking to the roads and sidewalks, just to the grass. It is very wet. If I could not see the big white flakes, I would think it was raining!

Barnabas: If my loud mouth doesn't get their attention, I doubt if a whistle would! [​IMG]

Have some work to do in the 'real' world.

BBL,
    §ue (folds clean clothes right away so she doesn't have to iron!)

[ March 16, 2004, 10:48 AM: Message edited by: I Am Blessed 16 ]

20. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Morning again all!
    Sue, I don't have a doctor since we don't have insurance. Nick's pediatrician would see me for things like this but his practice has now said no more adults. (He was seeing me for only $24.00.) My dentist called in the prescription. My teeth were aching so bad from the sinus problem... but I feel GREAT today! Not even a headache! Slightly stuffy but that's it!

Ug... work tomorrow and didn't get anything done with being sick yesterday so I have MUCH to do today! I pray as I work and just jumped on to bump the prayer need for Joseph B's baby for tomorrow. He's having an MRI done because the doctor's are concerned about his head being too large for his age/ etc. Do pray for only good results!

Love to you all!
    Diane