1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

COMMON GROUND COFFEE HOUSE #54

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by I Am Blessed 24, Jun 21, 2004.

1. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Hi Everyone, it's just 80 here this afternoon and overcast so quite pleasant for Georgia!

Church tonight! Thank the Lord I cut out all my sheep last night because the cut on my index finger is throbbing today. I should have gotten stitches for sure. It's pretty wide open still but the bleeding stopped not long after the cut. Just took some Ibuporfen for the discomfort. Hurts to type and the bandage hits more than one key. Oh well.... I got a tetanus shot at the health dept. but without insurance.... had to treat it myself. Maybe by tomorrow it won't hurt so!

We had our big meal at noon today. Poor hubby has missed out since he leaves at 2:45 each day and I planned ahead and made him a big lunch. He was quite pleased. He's working so hard for so little. Spent much of his time on the internet still searching for another job (or second job).

Diane

2. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

Just got back from Bible study and visiting dad. Thanks again for all your prayers. Time to get ready to teach tonight. We are in the book of Romans.

3. amixedupmom

amixedupmom Guest

My prayers go with your Diane. And, thank heaven it's Wedensday. I need the mid week service [​IMG]

4. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

I forgot to report.... I called about the Yellow Pages delivery job I did and my check was ready. I asked if I got the 'bonus'. The lady said 'yes, but you have a redelivery to do on Old Town Road'. I didn't HAVE old town road. So, I go to pick up my check and ask to see my list. Sure enough.... the redelivery paper had been stapled to the wrong file. I not only got my bonus but an extra $27. in gas money so I made $296.54! Praising the Lord here, folks!

Diane

5. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Praise the Lord!!

6. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

7. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Yep! That's almost half the July mortgage! Hard work... but praise God for His provisions!

Diane

8. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Good night everyone.

See you all tomorrow.

Sleep well.

9. amixedupmom

amixedupmom Guest

Intresting I just read up a little bit. Watchman and I are in the same City (Area). And, he's correct it's an awesome day here

10. amixedupmom

amixedupmom Guest

Awesome Diane. [​IMG] All that hard work paid off!!!

11. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Evening folks:

Good job Diane! [​IMG]

It was hard work, but you got almost $100.00 more than you were expecting! PTL! ;)

Going to fix us an 'after church' snack and go to bed early tonight. Brent and I weeded all the flower gardens today...

Pleasant dreams all!

§ue [​IMG]

12. Dan Todd

Dan Todd Active Member

Jan saw the family doctor this afternoon.

She will be seeing a gastroenterologist next.

Dan

13. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Is that for acid reflux Dan? I must have missed something. I thought all the tests came back good.

Diane

14. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Late evening and finally a coupla minutes peace. The noise level IN the house, with 5 kids under 5 is deafening.

So a chance to post here while I start therapy. Have to crash to bed early, so exhausted. But praying for the Tim Lee Youth Alive ministries going on this week (pray each night at 1:00 am) IF I can keep the eyes open!

15. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Bright cool day here - breezy and 9C.

Really enjoying my broadband and listening to BBN. Getting ready for Chuck Swindoll speaking on Job.

Going to the doc for some "unusual" neck and shoulder pain this morning.

16. I Am Blessed 24

Good Morning All:

68º and fair here this morning, heading for a high of 80º, with scattered strong thunderstorms expected this afternoon and the humidity standing at 88%.

We will be running errands this morning. We need to run (i.e. drive the car) to the bank, the post office, the Court House (to pay the property taxes) and grocery store.

Dan: I thought Jan's tests came back all right too. Are they doing a 'process of elimination' thing? :confused:

Dr. B.: If I had 5 kids under 5 for very many days, I would need therapy too! [​IMG]

Roger: Sorry to hear about your 'ills'. Are you sleeping in the wrong position? :eek:

Cruising...
    [​IMG] §ue

17. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Good news. I was a little concerned about the neck/shoulder/upper chest pain since my dad had heart problems at my age. Doc said heart, BP, etc were all fine, it was only a muscle strain of some sort.

I did get the "you need to lose weight" lecture though. Maybe I will get serious about it now. But, since the heart and BP are fine... [​IMG] ;) ?

18. Barnabas H.

Barnabas H. <b>Oldtimer</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good morning Dr. Bob, Roger and Sue! Hope all is well with you folks, and are ready to tackle the world. [​IMG] Remember the words of our Lord, when He said: "Ye are in the world, but not of the world."

Sue, if you can spare, I'd like to take two Dr Peppers on the road. Are you going to your corner today, or is school over in your neck of the woods? [​IMG]

Have a nice day all! [​IMG]

Hey, Brother Roger, I haven't see you coming into the Coffe House. That's good news about not having any major problems, except losing weight? :confused: Where on earth did you lose it? Maybe if you trace back your steps, you can find it again.... [​IMG]

19. I Am Blessed 24

Good Morning Barnabas!

You know I always keep Dr. Pepper on hand just for you! School was over May 26th, so I am on vacation until Labor Day!

Roger: Good news!

20. Dan Todd

Dan Todd Active Member

Good morning all!

Back in training today - so you'll not see much of me till later this evening.

Regardging Jan - she has iron deficient anemia - though it appears she is doing better - the doctor wants to find out the root cause of the anemia.

First round of tests was to rule out heart problems - as she had been having some chest pains. Heart is OK! She passed those tests with flying colors.

So now - we expect the gastro Dr will be having a look from the mouth down & and the bottom side up! Sounds like fun to me! NOT!

Dan