1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

COMMON GROUND COFFEE HOUSE #58

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by I Am Blessed 24, Aug 20, 2004.

1. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

[​IMG]

WELCOME ONE AND ALL TO THE

[​IMG]

The only RULE here is NO fussin', fightin', or feudin'!

I will try to be here to serve you; but if not, feel free to help yourself.

First one in every morning puts the coffee on, last one out at night turns the lights off...

We serve donuts, cinnamon toast (dry toast available upon request), crumpets, bagels, scones, croissants, brioche rolls, yogurt, salads, light lunches, popsicles, ice cream, homemade cookies and homemade pies, and homemade jams.

We also serve coffee (with caffeine and without), hot chocolate, hot tea, iced tea, fresh squeezed lemondade and orange juice, cappucino, Mountain Dew, DP, DDP, Coke, Pepsi, Diet Sierra Mist, milk, milk shakes, Kool-Aid, and Carb Options.

If you don't see your drink or food of choice...just ask, we will do our best to stock it for you!

Our aim is to please...come and sit a spell, enjoy the fellowship and come back often!

As Christians, we are ALL on common ground...

[​IMG]

2. Gib

Gib Active Member

Last patron out, first patron in. [​IMG]

3. amixedupmom

amixedupmom Guest

LoL Hello everyone! I'm submitting a few resume's to companies. Maybe i'll hear something back. Then again maybe not who knows [​IMG]

Spegetti is on the menu tonight (the kids favorite ) ;) see you all later

4. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Hello all, I checked in on the other thread just before closing time, [​IMG] and hope everyone is having a blessed day in Jesus!

It seems we'll be having afternoon thunderstorms for the next week and I'm thrilled! I like the cooler nights. Better for sleeping. [​IMG]

Since it's just Nick and me for supper, I'll make some of our southern favorites that hubby doesn't really enjoy. ;)

Diane

5. I Am Blessed 24

It's been raining all day here Diane! It is not going to be pleasant delivering the papers!

Speaking of which, it's time to go pick them up.

CYAL!
    §ue (fixin' to get wet!)

6. Barnabas H.

Barnabas H. <b>Oldtimer</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    My, oh my, aren't you all so busy today? [​IMG]

Well, wife number one and I will be going out to the country early in the morning, so we'll be out of town. Work, work, work, you know. There is much work around the house, and you know who is going to do it.... [​IMG]

So, see ya all! Have a nice weekend, and a blessed day in the house of the Lord on Sunday. [​IMG]

P.S. I forgot to tell you. You have to behave while I'll be away. [​IMG]

7. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

The storms are about 30 miles from us and I'm awaiting them anxiously. I love a nice storm as long as no tornado's pop up. We haven't had even one warning this year.

Do you have plastic bags for your papers, Sue? I used to help our kids with their routes back in the 80's and 90's and that's when I got mauled by the dog so be careful.

Tomorrow is a very special day for us. First, it's Jim's 57th birthday. Most of his relatives died in their late 40's so every birthday is a true celebration of life for us.

Tomorrow is also the day we get to meet the pastor chosen by our search committee to preach Sunday, 'in view of a call'. He and his wife are meeting us by age groups first and then a general open meeting time. Tomorrow night they'll have a pizza party type meeting with our college aged, teens and parents.

Tomorrow is also the yearly WMU banquet and I was invited as a guest of honor. I've not ever been involved in WMU and really don't have the time or desire to be on any other committee or club membership but it was nice to be asked. Guess that means I'm old now. LOL

Diane

8. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Oh no! Behave? Well Sue's busy with her men folk and I've got loads to do this Sat. and Sun. so I guess we'll have to leave Roger in charge.

Diane

9. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    OH NO. NOT ROGER!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I'm back in pocket for lunch, then running again. Did some marriage counseling (wedding is next Thursday) with a bilingual couple. Problem was he spoke ONLY Spanish. So I am not sure what his "answers" were, as she could have interpreted them any way she wanted.

Her family is Baptist (hence asking me to do the service) and he was baptized Catholic but works as a hired hand at a ranch 20 miles from town and doesn't have weekends off. So going nowhere. I tried to see if she was saved/he wasn't (my suspicion) and I wouldn't marry them.

But she "said" he answered yada yada yada and I could not tell. She translated, "it is not the church, it is my faith in Jesus Christ that will get me to heaven" sounded better than some of my deacons!!

We shall see.

10. I Am Blessed 24

That doesn't SOUND so good! [​IMG]

I either caught a cold or bronchitis delivering papers in the rain today. My chest is feeling very congested and my voice is an octave lower. :eek:

Tomorrow I get up at 3:30 so the papers will be delivered by 6. I will have to insert the TV section into the regular paper, then band, roll, and bag before delivering and it is supposed to be cold and rainy. :(

Brent went for his school physical today and could not remember ever having one before. A problem was found and he has an appointment with a urologist. Please pray that this can be taken care of without surgery...

I am going to take some meds and go to bed. It's gonna be a short night.

Pleasant dreams all!

[​IMG] §ue (I hope!)

11. Gib

Gib Active Member

Dr. Bob-My mom has started saying, "yada yada yada." And she's not even bilingual, although I've always thought she spoke a diffent language.

12. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Gibster says, "My mom has started saying, "yada yada yada"

Dr. Bowtie Bob says, "Sounded better than some of my deacons!!"

Blackbird's interpretation

Gib's mom is a "Closet" Deacon!!

13. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Busy, busy day here so a quick hi and bye! I've got the WMU banquet and meeting the preacher in view of a call. Have to be out of here in 30 mins so I'll check in tonight if I get a chance. Today is Jim's birthday but we don't do anything special for ourselves.

Have a great day everyone and remember...

Psalm 57:7 "O God, my heart is quiet and confident. No wonder I can sing your praises!"

our Father is with us in every situation!

Diane

14. I Am Blessed 24

Good morning all:

Boy, I am checking in LATE! I forgot to set my alarm this morning so I didn't get up until 5:00 and the papers have to be delivered by 6:00 on Saturday!!!

I got Brent up and then got hubby up too and commandeered him (he didn't have to work today). We got dressed and took off!

Hubby sat in the back and folded/banded papers and Brent and I walked/threw them. We were finished right at 6:00, but I'm not sure how we did it...

After we finished with the papers, we treated ourselves to bisquits and gravy at our local 'mom & pop' restaurant. Then we went to Krogers and picked up a few things, then we went to Wally World and got hubby steel-toed work boots and Brent and I waterproof oxfords (instead of tennis shoes) to deliver the papers. Both of us had wet shoes, wet socks, and wet feet when we delivered this morning. We decided that would be condusive to 'cold-catching' when it gets a little chillier.

Hubby and Brent are taking their 'nap' now and I am posting...

§ue (taking MY nap a little later)

15. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lazy Day here. Cool morning, bright sunshine and 55F. Wedding at 1 pm at the Falls (10 minutes away). Civil ceremony; county authorizes me to go to where the judges don't want to go! (They stay in the courthouse unless it's some big society home, etc). So they have me work as justice of the peace since I can do wedding ceremonies in my sleep!

Until then, working on newsletter for the wife and doing some yardwork . . and spending an hour here on the BB. [​IMG]

16. I Am Blessed 24

Evening all:

I am going to bed. 3:30 comes early! I will see y'all after the papers are delivered...

Pleasant dreams all!

[​IMG] §ue

17. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

I worked my way through college "chunkin'" newspapers-----Ruston Daily Leader Route 2 10 miles every day!! Rain, shine, sleet, and one time it snowed!!

18. Dan Todd

Dan Todd Active Member

I've worked 27 1/2 hours overtime this week. That's in addition to the 40 regular hours I worked and the 12+ hours spent driving from home to work and back!

Doesn't leave much time for other activities!

19. Gib

Gib Active Member

Dan-you need a mobile laptop and a 2 week vacation.

20. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Think we ALL can use that. Oh, wait, I AM going on vacation next Friday. [​IMG] [​IMG]

And think I'm going to bed now. It's getting early. Went out with the wife shopping (she really wants a motor home) then to a light dinner.

Then home and I've been at the computer working on news releases, our Summer Newsletter (actually our Spring edition, but a little late) which we must get printed and mailed before we head to Canada and Alaska.

Will pick up on it after church tomorrow. I am not speaking anywhere and then gone for two Sundays on the cruise. Such is life. Looks like September will not be any less busy.

God is good. I am healthy enough to get around and learning to cope with my pain. He is better to me than I could ever deserve!

Baruch haba b'shem! [​IMG]