1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

COMMON GROUND COFFEE HOUSE #58

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by I Am Blessed 24, Aug 20, 2004.

1. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Sorry you can't come, either of you. Gayla and the kids are trying to work it out tho. Gib's not sure he can get away because of work, etc.

Great news on the new job C.J.! I hope it's less work!!!

Blackbird, I've heard Dr. Rogers speak but have never met him in person. He's a man I greatly admire!

Diane

2. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Hi all:

I got a little sleep this afternoon, but have a splitting headache. I had to miss the reunion (I did send my salads over though). I will call my cousins from CA later in the week and go visit them.

CJ! Long time, no see! Glad to see you're still alive and kicking! Good luck with the new job!

I am heading for the couch again, just fixed a sandwich to nibble on.

Later,
    §ue

3. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

I know that headache Sue! I got one after not sleeping the other night and then taking a short nap. Seems you feel worse than before the nap.

I don't feel that great today. I took some aspirin at 5:15 so my headache is better but my eyes are watering so badly and my head is so congested still. I think my allergies are bothering me on top of this cold. Time to go back on meds. I've taken my B/P yesterday and today and it's been fine. I'm sure the high readings are just anxiety and lack of sleep, etc.

Poor Jim is STILL working! He's really upset that he has to work 7 days a week! He'd been told 42 hours a week but then the boss said 6 days. Now because some guy is out for surgery and there's a sale.... he said 7. Jim insisted on a guaranteed salary so maybe they think they can force him to work unlimited hours??? Not very nice. :( We haven't seen him but minutes in a week now.

Getting older in the work force is not fun at all. There ougta be a law!

Diane

4. I Am Blessed 24

"I'm sure the high readings are just anxiety and lack of sleep, etc."

I'm sure that's where my headache is coming from. :(

It was SO hot and humid outside at 3:30 this morning when I was delivering papers that I had both car windows open and I was still wringing wet with sweat (not perspiration - SWEAT!). :eek:

The air coming in the windows was cool though, so I sure hope I didn't catch a cold or my bronchitis isn't getting ready to kick up. :confused:

Brent and I are going to bed early tonight. He will help me with the papers in the morning. It's really hard doing that particular route alone, but I didn't have the heart to wake him up at 3:00. Tomorrow, I will let him sleep in until 5:30... :rolleyes:

He gets upset when I do the papers alone, "Now Grandma, you should have got me up so I could have helped you!". [​IMG]

5. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

He's a good boy Sue. And he is right. It's too much for you alone and you're doing it for him and his schooling. Someone once said to me that people take better care of a book if they have to pay for it. Brent might try extra hard in school knowing how much labor is put into paying his way. [​IMG]

I sure plan on going to bed early tonight too but with a dose of allergy meds. I hope we get a bit of rain from the hurricane to wash the air clean! Of course, we still have the leaf mold to look forward to. :rolleyes:

Diane

6. I Am Blessed 24

Speaking of 'dirty air' - I had to keep the windshield wipers going this morning and they left 'crud' each time they wiped across the windshield!

I am starting COMMON GROUND COFFEE HOUSE #59 now as I'm not sure when I'll be back here and we are on page 20.

Please join us in our new location and PLEASANT DREAMS all!

HAPPY LABOR DAY!

[​IMG]
    §ue