1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

COMMON GROUND COFFEE HOUSE #58

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by I Am Blessed 24, Aug 20, 2004.

1. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Good morning all:

Got up at 3:00AM to insert, fold, band, and deliver the papers. We got back home at 5:00AM. Brent ate a bowl of cereal and went back to sleep.

When I got up, I couldn't even walk through my living room! Bobby and two of his church friends were 'camped out' on the two recliners and the couch. Clothes were EVERYWHERE! One was alseep and two were awake watching a video...

Bobby helped me fold the papers so I didn't have to wake Brent up quite so early. I am going to post on a few threads and then lay back down until around 8:30.

Cruising...
    [​IMG] §ue

2. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Well good morning to all! Jim went down to his 'home office/ music studio' really early this morning. I've been locking the cat in the rec room because he wakes me 4 or 5 times a night to pet him or begging for running water but Jim let him out.... so.... 6:15 and kitty is climbing on my back meowing so loud I had to get up. Dubbs seems to think the only good water is water dripping from the faucet in my bathroom sink. YAWN!

What time do the papers have to be there on Sunday Sue? Gosh... 3 a.m. is horrid! I complain about 5:30 Mon. - Thurs.! I was never a late sleeper until the last few years and now like to sleep til 8:00 a.m. [​IMG]

I bet church will be packed today. Pastor Rick Holcombe is preaching 'in view of a call'. We met him yesterday before the WMU banquet. He's so very nice. I didn't get to hear him speak but Jim and Nick did. Nick was the only 'kid' there because we went according to age groups. We fit with the 40-60 group. Pastor Rick, while talking about things he found important in church ministries, referred to Nick by name as his new buddy.

Well, I need to get some things done before Sunday School. Talk to you all later.

2 Corinthians 7:1 "Therefore, having these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all defilement of flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God."

3. Dan Todd

Dan Todd Active Member

I've got a lap top at work - just haven't had time to get on BB - like last winter!

4. I Am Blessed 24

They have to be delivered by 7:00, which means we get up at 4:30. But, then we don't get finished until around 7:00.

I have found that if I get up at 3:00 and roll them, then wake Brent up and start delivering at 4:00, he can go back to bed for 3-4 hours before Sunday School. [​IMG]

I was going to try that too, until I awoke and found a living room full of bodies! They will all be taking showers, etc. around 7:00, (bathroom is right next to my bedroom) so I didn't think it was worth it... :rolleyes:

They'd BEST leave enough hot water for MY shower! :mad:

I start back on 'my corner' Tuesday. That is going to make it a little harder to get the papers done on time in the afternoon, but we will make it! [​IMG]

5. LzzyFL

LzzyFL New Member

Good morning everyone from sunny (and steamy) Florida. I think I have finally caught back up on my sleep after a new grandbaby and a week of overtime. The kids (away in Texas) called me every hour or so during 21 hours of labor and then called from the delivery room where I put them on a three-way with my mom and we got to listen to Danielle Grace make her first cries. Its been a good tired. A blessed tired. I hope everyone's day if full of great worship and praise. [​IMG]

6. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Boy Howdy - New preacher in Atlanta, overtime in upstate New York, beatin' grandkids with rolled up newspapers in Illinois, and steamy/tired Grandma in Florida . . what a cyber family we have!

69F, lovely sunshine and breezy. Gets down below 50F every night so sleeping is wonderful. But warms up so I won't sleep in church!

"Rejoice in the Lord, always."

7. I Am Blessed 24

Hi LzzyFL and welcome to the Common Ground Coffee House!

It looks like we have a 'bunch' of tired Grandma's in the CH today - don't forget Diane! (Maybe we should get the Grandpas' to help out a little more? [​IMG] )

I am waiting for Brent and Bobby to get home so I can serve the roast I have in the crock pot. Brent likes to ride the bus to and from church so he can visit with his new friends. I'm not sure where Bobby is... :rolleyes:

I will be back on a little later...maybe. I did not get to lay back down before church. :(

8. Gib

Gib Active Member

Back to work tomorrow. Vacation has been good, but I will be glad to get back to the grind and get some needed rest.

Taylor just got back from a 3 day, 3 on 3 soccer tournament that was held in Tallahassee. He's been gone for days.

Tomorrow is also the 1st day of school for the boys. Jordan can't believe he is going to be a freshman. I can't either.

9. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Hi everyone. I took a nap but it was not a good one at all. I clinched my teeth so hard that they feel numb on one side (upper). You'd sure think I'd be able to relax some!

Jim got a new job. He mentioned it on his birthday thread. He doesn't start until Aug. 30th but he'll still be working for Air Tran until then. There's a guaranteed salary plus commission so with me keeping the kids, we'll be much better off. I know he's going to love it. He's going to be a salesman for the largest Steinway dealer in North America. He will have to work some Sundays so that's not good but right now we have 2 services. It's also a long drive from here but he doesn't mind that. The store opens after the traffic congestion and closes after also. He'll have a little traveling time at first while he goes to Steinway for training, etc.

I might get to sleep late tomorrow. Ty has had a fever for 2 days. His mom said he has no symptoms but they leave for vacation on Wed. evening and she wants him WELL!

Yep, got us a new preacher! Even with the one negative committee member, Pastor Rick was chosen with a 92% yes vote. We have 1117 members last time I knew a number. Church was PACKED. We only had one service today. I had 16 in the 4 year old S/S class.

Diane

10. Debby in Philly

Debby in Philly Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Diane, Steinway! Is there a new piano in your future? But seriously, hope that works out well for you. Praise the Lord for getting a new pastor. We're still breakin' ours in....

11. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

LOL, Debby there's no room in my home for a Steinway as much as we love them. Jim sold his electric keyboard a few months back to pay the mortgage but now he'll be able to play a 9' Steinway Grand 5 days a week!

I thought Pastor Rick's sermon today fit the voting quite well. We had the one fella who had fought against his being brought before the church since January. Pastor Rick preached on Esther and 'If I perish, I perish.' He based a good bit of the sermon on her being called to royalty for 'such a time as this' too. Good sermon. I'm so glad the vote is over. He'll begin here the first week of Oct. He and his wife have been married 30 years this coming Tuesday and they have a trip planned already .... His wife complements him as a perfect pastor's wife. Quite the lady!

Diane

12. I Am Blessed 24

Evening all:

We are watching the Olympics and relaxing. I am going to bed before too long though...

Tomorrow is washing and ironing day. Bobby will be leaving Tuesday morning, with our Pastor, to go to Arkansas for a week and will need his clothes ready to pack.

Brent and Dale wanted Cream of Chicken Noodle Soup for their 'after church' snack. That was easy enough to fix!

Just wanted to stop by and wish everyone pleasant dreams.

Night,

[​IMG] §ue

13. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Diane----of course, you know that the mention of Mordacai and that "HangMan's Noose" and its direct reference to the Deacon's----probably would have been the deciding factor in the vote swinging in the "negative" factor more than the usual "positive"----how many times did he mention Mordacai????? [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. Rooster

Rooster New Member

well, looks like I came in just as everyone whent home, I'll have a snack, a glass of milk, and turn the lights out, see ya tomarow, God willing. [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Glad to see you found a place where we don't kick and scream and yell at each other! BUT DID YOU DRINK THE LAST OF THE MILK?? :eek:

It's getting late here in the Mountain West, too, and I have finished the last draft of the Summer Health Newletter and must get up early and hit the printers. May need 1000 copies of this issue + the e-zine copies . . and I've got the Fall issue coming on its heals due out in 45 days.

Too much fun this summer and it is catching up!

16. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

What? Rooster drank the last of the milk?!?!

No milk for my cuppa tea!!!!

ARRGGHHH!!!

[​IMG]

17. Watchman

Watchman New Member

Fowl!

18. I Am Blessed 24

Good Morning All:

Welcome to the CGCH Rooster . Don't let these guys fool you about drinking all the milk. We never run out of ANYthing! C4K DOES forget to restock the coolers sometimes though! [​IMG]

It is 59º and fair this morning with 94%. A mix of clouds and sun today with a chance of thunderstorms - high of 85º. Thunderstorms are forecast for the rest of the week and I start back on my corner in the morning.

[​IMG]
    §ue

19. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Who me? I may not have posted much of late in here, but I have been here...

[​IMG]

20. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Ya'll!!! Diane Tav won't answer Blackbird's question!!