1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

COMMON GROUND COFFEE HOUSE #58

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by I Am Blessed 24, Aug 20, 2004.

1. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Good Morning all:

Sorry Dr.B., it WAS 'beach' volleyball, but we watched it yesterday. I thought it was live, but maybe not...

It is a muggy 66º here with humidity at 94%. Scattered showers amd thunderstorms expected today with an additional inch of rain and a high of 85º.

It is not quite light enough for me to tell if it's raining right now or not. I just carry a rainjacket and umbrella in the car just in case. I have been caught on 'the corner' too many times with nothing!

It rained yesterday BEFORE we delivered the papers and AFTER we finished. So we stayed dry! God is GOOD!

Cruising until around 7:50, then I'll be off and running.

§ue

2. I Am Blessed 24

Wow! Everyone must be sleeping in this morning!

I am off to the corner now and it is POURING down rain!

TTFN!

[​IMG]
    §ue

3. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Yep... I was a lazy bum today. I slept until 8:50 and hard as a rock. I didn't clinch my teeth either. [​IMG]

I've gotten several calls about Cubbies tonight. I'd asked our fearless leader to put on her thinking cap and I'd do the same. She's never taught any AWANA class, and doesn't enjoy the younger ages BUT when she called me, her ideas matched the ones I'd had exactly. Tonight every parent has to come through our carousel (sign in desk) and each child will have a name tag. Parents have to tell us where they'll be during that 70 mins. and will be told they MUST be on time picking up their child or the child will be sent to sit in the AWANA office or baby nursery according to age. Children are going to be divided into 3 rooms with the 3 year olds in one room and the 4's into two rooms. After they all arrive, the leader, me as the Cubbie Director and the Cubbie Director who 'retired' 2 years ago are going to over look the 3 rooms, divide the kids permanently as we see fit (which will include separating some troublemakers from each other) and making decisions about a schedule for playtimes, storytime and listening times. This old director won't cave in to the overbearing 20 something teacher I have who thinks she's an expert with children because she just got hired to work in the church pre-school. [​IMG] I think I'll wear my uniform with 5 years worth of AWANA training and achievement awards too so maybe that will point out to this young mom that I've been doing this for many years to her 3 weeks.

Oh.... and the church has gotten me a Director's shirt and a lanyard (those things that hang around your neck) to hold all my awards. Only director's and the commander can wear yellow so that'll make me stand out to the teachers and kids also.

Diane

[ August 25, 2004, 10:09 AM: Message edited by: dianetavegia ]

4. Debby in Philly

Debby in Philly Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wow! Way to go, Diane! Sometimes you just have to look official to get respect. I'm sure the parents will feel much more comfortable, too, seeing such structure in place.

5. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe you need Sue to send you a crossing guard vest - then you'll be reflective, too! [​IMG]

6. Gib

Gib Active Member

Easier to see, easier to lock on to [​IMG]

7. I Am Blessed 24

Mine is fancier than that Dr. B.! I even have a little pocket for my cell phone... [​IMG]

I agree Gib! Sometimes I think the drivers deliberately AIM for me! :eek:

8. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

We're having to re-order the Director shirt. I need a small and the one they have left is a large. Our other Directors are mostly men and one good sized woman. Even the adult small is quite large for me tho. We had a Leader shirt in adult small for me to try. They're ordering me a Director badge too. I have a leader badge and got a lanyard. Jim put all my awards on it just now. I can at least wear that tonight.

I took the sign up sheets for those who get there for choir and one of the church secretaries has put up a big sign directing the parents to the carousel sign in desk.

I just got a call from a woman wanting someone to keep her 18 mo. old and 3 year old 3 days a week from 6:00 a.m. til 3:00. Told her no thanks! I don't have enough room in the car for even one more child, let alone two more car seats! PLUS, Friday is my slower day. I don't have to be up at 5:30 and every other Friday I only have the two girls. These 2 tiny ones would be Mon., Wed., and Fri. No need to be greedy. I'm making plenty as it is. [​IMG] PTL!

Diane

9. Karen

Karen Active Member

Well, PTL indeed, Diane, for the wonderful improvements lately for you!!

Of course, LOLOL, now you could consider HAVING room for these kids by renting a building, getting licensed, hiring workers, etc., etc., etc.!

Karen

10. Debby in Philly

Debby in Philly Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Right, Karen. Here's a name for you, Diane - Little Blessings Daycare. As in "Lord, give me strength to endure my blessings!"

11. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

That's okay.... I'll stay with the ones I have! LOL

We had 26 kids for Cubbies tonight and put the kids who came in JUST for AWANA in one room and the children who attended choir stayed in their room. My young teacher had prepared a craft for them and each class had a simple story.

At 7:30, I had the children who go to the nursery taken to the nursery. Also, at 7:30, I had the children of other AWANA workers delivered to their parents in closing ceremony for the older kids. Even with us 'meeting' and going over the night and discussing some plans, I left by 8:00. MUCH better than the last few weeks!

I took role, greeted the parents and got the children signed in, collected dues and listened to their verses. I didn't go into their classrooms. I had one mom help me by going to get and returning children to the 3rd room for their Bible verses. We need another listener so we can work with those whose parents don't help them but all in all, tonight was MUCH better!

Thanks again for all your prayers. I'm going to the AWANA Leadership Training this Saturday (my 5th year) but will be taking all Cubbies classes, starting with Cubbie Director Training.

Diane

12. I Am Blessed 24

Going to bed folks:

It is still pouring down rain, with alot of thunder, lightening, and wind. We have a Flash Flood Warning out until 11:30 PM.

Pleasant dreams all!

[​IMG] §ue

13. Gib

Gib Active Member

It's raining, it's pouring and Sue will be snoring. [​IMG]

14. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

She'll bump her head and go to sleep

and won't be able to throw papers in the mornin'!!

15. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Well actually, Sue delivers papers in the AFTERNOON except on Saturday and Sunday. She has to rush a little to finish up at the corner and get the papers out to her 90 houses.

I'm heading to bed too. Ty won't be back til a week from today because they're going on vacation and the only day I have to be up early is Saturday for training in Dalton, Ga.

I took my Benadryl for the Ragweed and am getting sleepy. Night all!

Fear not that your life will someday end.
    Fear only that you do nothing with it.
    -Unknown

16. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Tav says, "I took my Benadryl for the Ragweed"----

Ragweed can be controlled better by keeping pastures and neighborhood lots "Bush Hogged"---"Bush Hoggin'" promotes healthier grasses and folage!!

Read this link for up to date bush-hoggin' news!!

www.bushhog.com

17. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, not much visitin' today. Too much activity here - fussing on the versions forum feels like a colossal waste of energy.

Packing, doing office work. Did an outdoor wedding (40 mph wind made it miserable) and anointed the bride and groom with oil - they asked for it and I've done about 650 weddings in my 35 years of ministry and NEVER had that come up. But it was nice.

Another wedding tomorrow, bunch of office work at the clinic, and I'm telling you we are ready for a vacation!

Catch you all in the morning. I'm Bob, and I'm outta here. [​IMG]

18. I Am Blessed 24

Good Morning All:

§ue didn't get much snoring done last night!

Brent was a little afraid of the storm so he slept with me and tossed, turned, and poked me with his knees and elbows all night!!!

One elbow poke was in the sore spot where I have to have the ultra sound tomorrow and THAT poke woke me up and made me sit straight up in bed!!!

It is still raining and VERY humid. The A/C will have to go on today. It is 70º already - heading for a high of 90º, and of course the humidity is still 94%...

Off to check other forums,
    §ue

19. Gib

Gib Active Member

I slept like a hotdog on the grill. Could not get comfortable, constantly turning over and hot, hot, hot. I awoke and stood in front of the fan to cool down. Slept the rest of the night without any covers.

20. I Am Blessed 24

Morning Gib:

I have been sleeping with the window a/c on in the bedroom, at night, to save money. Today the central air will have to go on...

Can you say H U M I D??? :eek: