1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

COMMON GROUND COFFEE HOUSE #59

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by I Am Blessed 24, Sep 5, 2004.

1. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

[​IMG]

WELCOME ONE AND ALL TO THE

[​IMG]

The only RULE here is NO fussin', fightin', or feudin'!

I will try to be here to serve you; but if not, feel free to help yourself.

First one in every morning puts the coffee on, last one out at night turns the lights off...

We serve donuts, cinnamon toast (dry toast available upon request), crumpets, bagels, scones, croissants, brioche rolls, yogurt, salads, light lunches, popsicles, ice cream, homemade cookies and homemade pies, and homemade jams.

We also serve coffee (with caffeine and without), hot chocolate, hot tea, iced tea, fresh squeezed lemondade and orange juice, cappucino, Mountain Dew, DP, DDP, Coke, Pepsi, Diet Sierra Mist, milk, milk shakes, Kool-Aid, and Carb Options.

If you don't see your drink or food of choice...just ask, we will do our best to stock it for you!

Our aim is to please...come and sit a spell, enjoy the fellowship and come back often!

As Christians, we are ALL on common ground...

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Our only daughter was born on Labor Day but it was Sept. 1st back then. That was REALLY labor day. Oh I shouldn't complain. I had all three of our birth kids natural and only one hurt!

Our dil will be 33 on Sept. 7th.

Sue, I thought your name was little hurricanes!

3. DavidsAngel

DavidsAngel Guest

I'll take an iced tea before heading back to the other threads of the boards. We ended up having kfc for dinner we're sitting down watching a movie while i'm reading my Promises book that I recieved from My NEW Church this morning [​IMG] . It is raining here now but nothing like down south. Looks like we a re headed for a freeze in a week and a half. See you before bedtime [​IMG] !

4. I Am Blessed 24

Good morning all:

Papers are delivered and the rest of the day is MINE!

We have an open house at the school for an hour tonight. Brent is so excited. Tomorrow is the first day of school for him!

Today, we are going to be sorting things and moving them around in the basement. We are going to erect two walls and make Bobby a bedroom down there. He is going to be with us for a year and he needs more privacy than he has sharing a room with Brent.

I'm going to fix breakfast so will check in later.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    §ue

5. Dan Todd

Dan Todd Active Member

Why is it Labor Day - when for most of us it's a day off from work?

6. I Am Blessed 24

Because I'm going to be 'laboring' in the basement all day!!!

CYAL!
    §ue

7. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Morning All, I don't have any children to keep today and Nick is busy on his PlayStation but we're expecting 10 inches of rain tomorrow morning! Jim's off to work until 8 p.m. tonight!

Oh... Jim sold a 7 foot Grand Piano yesterday! His boss called last night late to say after Jim left, the women who bought it called back twice to say how nice Jim was and how much they appreciated the time he spent with them.

Well I think I'd better get some stuff done. We'll probably end up with some time in the rec room in our basement tomorrow with tornado warnings.

Diane

8. following-Him

following-Him Active Member

Good Morning to you all from NC. We have had two glorious days of sun and today it is a bit cloudy and wet, but we won't let that bother us.

It is lovely to be over here. We seem to have adjusted well to the time difference. We are finding everyone very welcoming and friendly and are being thoroughly spoilt.

I will try and look in later,

Blessings

Sheila [​IMG]

9. DavidsAngel

DavidsAngel Guest

Good Morning EVERYONE!

Sue - Congrats on the rest of the day to err Labor -ducks the feather duster - :D

Diane - Congrats on Jim's piano sale. I do hope that you have a pc down there. I know we would miss your posts hehehe. I'm praying that it all just turns to a rain storm and fizzles out.

Following - I'm glad you have adjusted and are enjoying NC. [​IMG]

I'm off to umm look at other posts. I'm going to behave today :cool: promise? -grins- I'll see all of you later!

On tap for tonight is hamburgers and fresh tomatoes. Going to clean and do my normal things today or try to!

The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him- Nahum 1:7 [​IMG]

10. Gib

Gib Active Member

And a wet good morning to you. We have been under a tornado since 6:30am. Last night my parents lost some patio furniture. It got blown down the road. My sister had a pine tree fall towards the house and tore her meter box from her house. She still has power, but her yard is a mess.

Jordan and Taylor want to know where we're going today. We told them we are going crazy and they are welcome to ride along.

11. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Good morning Sheila, Gib and Lea!

We DO have a computer in the basement but Jim had removed the IP so he could just use that one for music. We've got a laptop that I can use tho. It'll be a different IP logging in but no problem there! I've posted from our son's house in Maryland with no problem as a moderator.

Wow, Gib.... I'm watching your weather right now. We should have most of our bad weather by tomorrow afternoon at the latest. They're still saying 10 inches of rain for us.

I've got a good bit of meat in our freezer and sure hope we don't lose power! That's not something I could easily replace!!! Maybe I should go buy some ice and put it in there to help keep it cold????

Diane

[ September 06, 2004, 10:09 AM: Message edited by: dianetavegia ]

12. Barnabas H.

Barnabas H. <b>Oldtimer</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is called Labor Day, for some of us folks have to work! We keep the country going, you know. But it will be a quiet day for sure, and we get a time and half for it. [​IMG]

Happy Labor Day to all! [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Jim doesn't get extra pay. He's got a guaranteed salary so Sunday, 7 days a week last week.... all the same to him. :( BUT [​IMG] [​IMG] PTL he has a job!

14. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Does he have today off???

15. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Nope. He's working 10 hours today and it's an hour drive each way in VERY windy weather! 27mph already!

Diane

16. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

Morning folks. Not much going one here. The girls are watching the new Disney "Three Muskateers" movie while I am catching up on news. Didnt sleep well last night - was ALMOST finished with a book and fell asleep 4 pages from the end!!! Then all night I dreamed about it - not knowing the way it would end, my mind finished it for me. THen I did finish it when I woke up this morning.

Well, gotta clean house today. :( Hope everyone has a good day!
    Tater

17. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

This just in from the Aeronautical experimental laboratory of Blackbird----it is extremely paramount that Jim drive faster than 27 mph----any speed less would . . . . on Interstate 20 eastbound into Hot---I mean, Atlanta----well---lets just try not to think along that catagory!!

27mph??? Thats Kite flyin' weather, Diane!!! Nothin' to worry, Gyrl----Jimmyboy will be alright!!

18. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

I'm sure he DID drive faster Blackbird. The Piano Gallery is on 85 N/W of Atlanta. He goes I-20 to 285 to 85. I could never go see him at the store. I will NOT drive past Thorton Road. [​IMG] That's Hot Lanta enough for me!

We went to the cleaners to pick up Jim's shirts and trash cans have blown over by the Burger King with Wal-Mart trash everywhere. Also there was a sign blowing in the parking lot by the cleaners for Nextel. They're closed today so Nick and I propped it up against the side of the building and put something in front of it.

Diane

19. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Boy Howdy from Wyoming. Labor Day = LABOR Day. Of course, it was a day off to honor laborers at the end of the summer season. We have a big Labor Day picnic in the center park, feted by the local Unions.

My Dad was a labor steward for the Teamsters, so I grew up in a huge pro-union, pro-labor family so am familiar with such.

No picnic for us. Coming home from a trip there is a mountain of work to do before we START work tomorrow! [​IMG]

20. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

So glad to have you home Dr. Bob! I always appreciate you so much more right after you've been away. I spent hours yesterday removing the 'n' word from dozens of posts. :( Came across it by accident and was shocked!

Welcome home dear sir!

Diane