1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

COMMON GROUND COFFEE HOUSE #60!!!

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by I Am Blessed 24, Sep 25, 2004.

1. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Roger! In the era of "The Bear" verses Charlie "Mac"!! Football just ain't the same without 'um!! The Bear over in Tuscaloosa with his televised after game analysis-----sponsored by Golden Flake potato chips and Charlie MacClendon over in Baton Rouge with his televised after game analysis---sponsored by Cherry's Potato Chips!! We just knew---neither one of 'um knew how to tell a lie!!!

2. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Anyone have any friends in Georgia who are Roger Williams (piano) fans?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Meet Roger Williams WEDNESDAY afternoon in Atlanta!
    (He's giving an 80th birthday concert on Oct. 1st with Jimmy Carter.)

My husband, Jim Tavegia (Ta-VEE-Ja), has some open invites to meet Roger Williams in Atlanta through his job on WEDNESDAY from 2-3 p.m.

It's supposed to be for people who own pianos or are interested in purchasing a piano.... but if you'd like to attend, please call!

You can call Jim at 404-633-7306 until 8 tonight.
    1. Autumn Leaves
    2. Born Free
    3. Lara's Theme
    4. Lady
    5. September Song
    6. More
    7. Misty
    8. The Way We Were
    9. Somewhere In Time
    10. Nadia's Theme

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I love the music but with all the kids.... sure can't take off and go!

Diane

3. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Boy howdy . . and Diane, that is MY kind of music. [​IMG]

Sue, hang in there. PACE's are the best way to go, period, not just for homeschool.

And does anybody really care about Alabama or LSU or Ol Miss or such anymore? Hundreds of little rivalries in college that really don't mean diddly once BCS time comes around . .

4. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I ignore the BCS - I still love the old rivalries.

5. Gib

Gib Active Member

"Waft it on the rolling tide, Jesus saves, Jesus saves...."

6. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

As the Gibster sings to the top of his lungs, "Waft it on the rolling tide, Jesus saves, Jesus saves . . ."----the Alabama Crimson Tide fans hear the first portion of the stanza and are swellin' with pride!!!

"The song is about our football team!!!"

7. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Well what to fix for supper tonight? Jim is eating out with some people from Steinway in Atlanta at a nice Italian restaurant. I've been eating lots of yogurt and not much else. Surely there is something good to eat that's quick!

What's everyone having for supper?

8. Barnabas H.

Barnabas H. <b>Oldtimer</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for asking Diane! My wife is making "csirke paprikás" (chicken paprika) with dumpling. We are expecting two additional guests, so there will be six around the table. [​IMG]

By the way, it was raining cats and dogs two times today, and we are expecting some more rain to fall. Streets are flooding many places, and some highways are inpassable. This is the remnant of hurricane Jeanne. :(

9. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Yum... Sounds Good! Nick and I had Buffalo Wings. He thought it was fun since we've only let him eat them twice now. I toned these down since Jim wasn't home. [​IMG]

Must be a full moon! I hear people howling!

Diane

10. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

I had ham left over from Sunday so I added onions, green peppers, mushrooms, and cheese and made burritos for supper. They were a hit so I will be making them more often. New way to get rid of left-overs!

Well, we were broke this morning (I somehow messed up the check book) and out of milk, so Brent and I prayed for God to 'help us out'. He brought to mind the crushed pop cans in the utility shed and the pennies in the piggy bank.

Brent and I got busy loading the car down. The cans brought $12.00 and we had $80.00 in pennies! Then Bobby came home and handed me $20.00 out of the blue and told me he thought he needed to start giving me some money each week! Brent said, "Wow Grandma, God sure does work fast! We were broke and now we're rich!" I replied with a big grin and a hearty AMEN! [​IMG]

After lugging all those cans and pennies around, we celebrated our 'new-found wealth' by going to A&W and eating two 99 cent Coney Dogs!

God is good........ALL the time!

Going to bed now,
    Pleasant dreams all!
    §ue

11. NaasPreacher (C4K)

I was going to sound unspiritual, but decided I had a reputation to uphold ;) .

12. Su Wei

Su Wei Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    the ong family was out carrying lanterns for mooncake festival last night. It's a chinese festival. Yesterday was a new moon on the lunar calendar. every year, during this time, we eat a sweet round pasty cake called a "mooncake". (I think the bible does talk about the pagans making cakes to the moon.) It's cultural for us, not religious, so we do eat.

And as i was saying, the kids were carrying their lanterns (made of wire and cellophane, candle within) until they decided it was tiring and Dan and i ended having to hook a couple on the baby's stroller.. :rolleyes:

13. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Common practice of veneration of female deity.

Catholics still do it at Easter to Mary (hot cross buns).

And I do it when I worship Ste. Betty Crocker. :eek:

14. NaasPreacher (C4K)

15. Su Wei

Su Wei Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I love Betty Crocker too!

here's a short write up about Zhong Qiu Jie and also some pics of the mooncake.

There are different varieties of mooncake depending on which part of china it's from. Here in Singapore, we've been inventing ice-cream mooncakes... yum!

16. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sounds delicious.

Lots of what we eat have to do with worship and gods and we don't know it.

Bought my steak tonight from Smith's Grocery (owned by LDS) so always concerned about meat offered to idols!

17. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    BTW, I love Betty Crockers OLD cookbook. We got a 1980 version, but searched for the 1950's version.

When Dad died, we got the old family copy! And we found that the recipe for cinnamon twists - my very favorite rolls - was slightly different in the real cookbook than on the recipe card my Mom had given my wife.

Mom didn't want Teresa to make them QUITE as good as she had made them!! (And she never did and finally quit trying; they never turned out right.) But the cookbook still had the right recipe.

Now THOSE are rolls to WORSHIP! [​IMG]

18. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

The girls like the mooncakes, but I always have to search and make sure I get the yolk out if there's one in there. BLICK!

Found out tonight that even Indians think my kids are Indian. LOL I'm used to the being asked "are they native American" by other folk, but it's weird to have it assumed by native Indians themselves. So now we know.... Jew + Asian = Indian.
    [​IMG]
    Gina

19. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

My wife can make Honeybuns that will make you slap your momma!! Slop the icin' on 'um!!!

20. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Good morning all:

It is rather 'coolish' this morning and supposed to get down to 31º over the week-end! Not quite ready for winter yet! [​IMG]

I have house-cleaning chores to take care of today. [​IMG]

I would love to just stay in [​IMG] !

CYAL,
    §ue