1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

COMMON GROUND COFFEE HOUSE #60!!!

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by I Am Blessed 24, Sep 25, 2004.

1. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

we did Mexican. I had a shell-less taco salad with yummy guacamole on top. Then we went to WalMart to get a few more fish and ghost shrimp for the aquarium. We came out with a pair of ballet shoes, a fog machine, some rabbit treats, and some hatchet thingy my husband has wanted for some time! At least we did get the critters.

Gine, I really hope yall get to see him! What an opportunit for the girls!!

2. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

I got to personally meet with Barbara Bush when my husband was State Rep. What a LADY!

I'd love for Nick to be able to speak one on one with President Bush. Nick's very interested in politics. [​IMG]

Fog machine???

3. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

I have been sitting in the recliner on a heating pad all evening and now I am going to bed.

3:00 comes very early and it is only going to be 29º! I haven't even bought gloves and a stocking cap for Brent yet - he's gonna freeze doing the papers! I was going shopping for him today until I hurt myself. Oh well, I'm sure we'll figure something out just for one morning.

Pleasant dreams all!
    §ue

4. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Hey Sue! Our local Freecycle even had bags of clothes and toys! I looked for our son Jon, in the Atlanta area, and saw computer monitors, a car engine, a boat, cell phones, animals, collector purses..., etc!

Maybe someone has some nice winter things for Brent! You can NEVER have too many stocking caps and mittens once it begins to snow!

Hope your muscle is better soon! Sleep well!

5. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    [​IMG]
    Smoking herring (18 hours) or salmon (36 hours) is a joy to those of us who love our kippers, poached eggs and toast points.

That is high living.

6. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    And now it's time to bid adieu. Cool, rainy evening again - man, could have used this rain in July or August for the garden and lawn . .

But have a wedding and a Eagle Scout Court of Honor to do tomorrow, so 'twill be a blessed day.

Of course, every day I wake up here and can get out of bed and walk is a blessed day! And better ones coming someday!

7. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Good morning all. I hope Sue got to come back home and head back to bed!

I've been trying to fax across insurance application forms for Jim's job. Somehow he misunderstood and they were to be there a week ago even tho it says he wasn't eligible to apply until yesterday. We're praying they'll make an exception ......... BUT their fax isn't working. The local manager says he'll send them Express Mail with a note on Monday. Please pray they'll put it through.

It's a beautiful day here in Villa Rica! It's up to 64° and Nick has been out playing since just after 8:00 a.m. His bi-weekly friend (child lives with father one week, mother the next) is having a yard sale and the boys are shooting low powered pellet guns and BB guns at some big targets the step dad has set up for them. Scares me to death but Jim showed me that Nick's 'pellet' gun lops the pellets in a slow and soft type arch. Still bugs me!

I've never had kippers. I avoid fish with bones. I'll eat Arthur Treacher's, etc. type fish and almost any other seafood but choked on a fish bone as a teen and can't get past that memory.

Diane

8. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Boy Howdy and beautiful day in Casper. 52F on the way to 68. Bright sunshine after 3 days of drizzly clouds.

Back yard is looking different - one of the trees dropped most of her leaves in the rain of the past days! So a carpet of gold on the green grass.

Fall. [​IMG]

9. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

It sounds lovely Dr. Bob! We're just seeing a tinge of yellow on some leaves but just a few. Georgia has so many pine trees. The only time they turn colors is when they are infested with beetles that kill them, turn them brown and down they come. I don't care at all for pine trees!

It's SO quiet here today. Nick's come in and out for milk but only the soft drone of the interstate, an occassional car going to the neighbor's yard sale and the sound of my washing machine. I'm so used to Jim working out of the house and talking on the phone a lot.... always having music on.... Jon in and out and Nick chattering away, not even counting the children I keep. Ah... quiet!

;)
    Diane

10. I Am Blessed 24

Good morning all:

I got up at 3:00 to fold the papers, they had inserts so it took me an hour. Then I got Brent up and we delivered them, that took two hours.

We stopped at 'Daphenes' for biscuits and gravy after the route. That is our weekly 'date'! Then we went to Wal-Mart and bought a cheap hat, gloves, and facemask for Brent.

We then came home and fell asleep for a couple of hours. Brent took the couch in the family room and I took the recliner (and turned the heating pad on) in the living room. He watched cartoons until he fell asleep and I crocheted.

I am still not walking much. Brent threw all the papers again today while I folded, bagged, and tucked! My leg DOES seem some better today, but starts hurting again if I am up on it much.

I'm heading back to the recliner (and heating pad) to rest it until time for me to go pick up Brent's 'diagnostic' test for home schooling so the Principal will know which PACES to order for him...

TTFN!
    §ue (freezing!) [​IMG]

11. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Glad you're doing better Sue! I've pulled a muscle in my left side, just about where my waist band is and lower but I think it was from sneezing! LOL. With menopause (and going off your meds...) you get aches and pains.

Laundry is still going and it's still very quiet here but it's up to 80° now. I've got our whole house fan on so it's still very pleasant inside. [​IMG] I'm ready for winter!

Little Jack and family will be here in just days! I'm looking forward to keeping him but think it's going to be a LOT of work having an 18 month old, a 2 1/2 year old, two 5 year olds, two 9 year olds and a know it all and negative 11 year old all at once! From what I understand, Jack doesn't sleep all night yet and I have to be up at 5:30 for my 2 1/2 year old!

Sure wish Jim would have off during the week to help me! This past week he had off Thursday and tomorrow.

Wow, it's almost Christmas!

12. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

DIANE - the fog machine thing; I always need one at Easter for our cantata, and the one I bought last year was a dud. I only see them displayed at Halloween time, so i went ahead and got one and some liduid refill for the machine. We played with it last night, and it is awesome!!! We had to borrow one last Easter, but I really dont like to do that. And its soooo much easier than working with dry ice. Well, actually its easier than "getting" the dry ice. In our small town, you have to go 45 minutes away and then keep it airtightly sealed and I needed it for three days, and it is just a pain. So there it is!

SUE - glad you are a little better!!

DR. BOB - I'd love to see your backyard!!!
    We are still in the 80's but that is cool for us. Its very enjoyable outside, and we are going out to play shortly!

13. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

LOL, We have a yard fogger for bugs and I thought you had found one of those. Now I get it!

Diane

14. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Well, that was interesting. We didn't get tickets to see Bush, but we went alone with a crowd on the square with hopes of my daughter being able to at least see him drive by. She braved it out for a number of hours, but no luck. She was holding up a sign she made, and some lady who looked all professional and like she should know better says to my CHILD "if I were you I'd be ashamed to be holding up that sign".
    She turned to the woman and held the sign up higher. LOL I then called a reporter over and let him know that he should take note for the paper that Kerry supporters were being rude to children. He took her picture and her name. Hehe...he already had mine and the girls anyhow, so I'll be interested to see if he has that in the paper he represents.
    When we finally gave up hope and decided we needed to get home, we weren't allowed to get to our car. We could SEE our car across the street, but nope. After another hour and a half my youngest was getting very upset. It was cold, and it had started pouring rain and very windy. The police finally told us we could go around the long way, which was about a mile, and go through the back way to get to our car. So we did, and ran into another road block when we were once again across the street from it. So we went down yet another road away and behind, then snuck up an alley, behind a few houses, and RAN to the car. LOL
    This wouldn't have happened if the child would listen to her mother and become a Peroutka fan! [​IMG]
    Gina

15. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    On my way to speak at an Eagle Scout Court of Honor, I came to a major intersection. Police with lights. Everything stopped. I envisioned a horrific accident.

But I was the first car. Just sitting there. Then the Cheney motorcade (unmarked black suburbans, the vehicle of choice of Dick and Lynne).

So we all got out and waved. Us poor folks just wave and they wave back. $1000 a plate private dinner in a barn (state GOP Deimer True has a "barn" that is a 150 seat gourmet western bar-b-q facility) and I wasn't invited. My wife's brother and his wife are there and I just got home and their 10 year old daughter is playing Candyland with the wife.

A good evening, except the evil dodgers won . . .

16. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Neat Dr. Bob!

Well I'm beat and this coming week is going to be brutal with all the children out of school and Jack all week. Our daughter in law said Jack still wakes at night and he's bad about grabbing everything and putting things in his mouth. That is going to really be tough with so many here! Hoping Jim can be off on Thursday which will be the hardest and most demanding day kid wise.

Tomorrow is Pastor Rick's first Sunday as our new preacher. I expect a full house! Talk to you all tomorrow and God give you peaceful sleep and lovely dreams.

I will lie down in peace and sleep for you alone oh Lord will keep me safe!

Diane

17. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Pastor Rick will be off to a gooooooooood start if he finishes up by "High Noon"----you know, the 12 O'Clock hour!!! The "Baptist Hour!" First in line at the Katfish Hut or Picadilly!!

18. I Am Blessed 24

Good morning all:

I set my alarm for 3:00 a.m. and (for one of the few times in my life) turned it off and went back to sleep! Luckily I woke back up at 4:00 and all the papers still got delivered by the designated time (7:00 a.m.). I didn't think we would make it because the papers are so large on Sunday and they're terrible to fold - but we did! [​IMG]

It was 34º here this morning and Brent had on his winter coat, hat, and gloves. I asked him what he was going to wear when it was -10º!?! :confused: [​IMG]

We are learning to 'share' the bathroom to get ready for church. Brent and Grandpa take their showers on Saturday night - Bobby and I take ours on Sunday morning. Everyone is clean now except Bobby (who is still in bed - so is Grandpa though)...

I am off to fix breakfast and then go to SS and church. I am fixing dinner when I get home, so I'm not sure WHEN I'll get back online.

Have a BLESSED LORD'S DAY!

[​IMG] §ue

19. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

LOL! Blackbird, we have no restaurants in Villa Rica so even if he finished by noon, we'd be last in line! LOLOL

Well Sue, I'd set my clock for 3:30 next week and try it... 4:00 the next.... With Ty, his mother said they'd be here at 5:30. They actually get here at about 5:50 so now I don't get up til 5:30. If I had a digital clock and could set it for 5:40, I would!

It's so MUGGY here today! I can't cool down and it's only 66° but the humidity is very high. Church will be too cold tho. The old fella who sets the temp likes it at 70° so the air blows almost constantly. No wonder we have a $4,500. electric bill each month at church!

Talk to you all much later. Jim's off today so... [​IMG]

Diane

20. DavidsAngel

DavidsAngel Guest

I've been so busy with people over i've not really had a chance to catch everyone up.

With the grace of God, I got the JOB!!

My Sister's back is doing wonderfully since her surgery. I've seen her more comfortable now then in a long time. It's awesome.

Enjoy your Sundays and PRAISE THE LORD!